User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2014 7:14:47 PM EDT
submitted  11-13-14
approved   12-17-14

wish form 4's would go that fast
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If Form 4's were that fast, I'd be broke.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear that. I submitted 2 form 1's on 11/19/14. With any kind of luck I may have stamps by Christmas.

Now if the suppressors ever get here......
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
did 2 form 1's on 11-7 one approved today,12-17 and the other was denied because i used SBR#$%@ as the serial number. the examiner said i should not have used the the "SBR" but it looked like it was part of the number. oh well she said i can resubmit and she would try to expedite it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

did 2 form 1's on 11-7 one approved today,12-17 and the other was denied because i used SBR#$%@ as the serial number. the examiner said i should not have used the the "SBR" but it looked like it was part of the number. oh well she said i can resubmit and she would try to expedite it.
View Quote
Spikes has a series of lowers with serial numbers that start with SBR. I would email Ted Cutter.

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:28:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Spikes has a series of lowers with serial numbers that start with SBR. I would email Ted Cutter.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i e-mailed a picture of the lower to the examiner so i should hear something in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i e-mailed a picture of the lower to the examiner so i should hear something in the morning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is unbelievable...the number of times this is happening. I have one of these lowers, and my approved (paper) form has the SBR prefix.

SBR is absolutely part of the Serial Number. One of the guys from Spikes actually called an examiner not too long ago to straighten this out. They wouldn't have questioned it if it was SAR or SCR, but they incorrectly assume the applicant is meaning Short Barreled Rifle. Reality is it stands for Spike's Battle Rifle.

I know of one person on here that got it approved without the SBR prefix. The problem is that serial number doesn't exist. It must include the prefix.  Other have gotten them approved with the prefix.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#7]
i will let you know what happens tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:11:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here are the posts from the guy (on a different forum) that got Spike's involved:

Quoted:
I just talked to a gentleman from spikes tactical named John D. And he assures me that SBR is apart of the serial number.  I gave him my info and the examiners name and he is going to contact them and see what they say.
Quoted:
Just got off phone with John D and he talked to the ATF and explained the problem.  The ATF was wrong and I still have to resubmit my form 1

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:39:01 AM EDT
[#9]
she was saying the "SBR" was the problem but i was just  looking at the form and i also entered the serial number wrong. so i am partly to the blame. sent a new e-mail showing the serial # and pointing out my goof also. sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you just are. i feel a little embarrassed but hey i outed myself on a public forum. so i will have to re-submit anyway but i am going to wait for clarification on the number/SBR deal.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
she was saying the "SBR" was the problem but i was just  looking at the form and i also entered the serial number wrong. so i am partly to the blame. sent a new e-mail showing the serial # and pointing out my goof also. sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you just are. i feel a little embarrassed but hey i outed myself on a public forum. so i will have to re-submit anyway but i am going to wait for clarification on the number/SBR deal.
View Quote

Not too bad. Once you resubmit, you can probably get approved within 48 hours by Ted.

They need to get this junk straightened out. Because technically, if they make you submit without the SBR prefix, and you build the firearm, you have an SBR that doesn't match the paperwork...thus a $250K/10-year unregistered weapon.

I see their side of it...as the SBR looks positioning similar to the CAL/MOD below it. Again, if it was any other three letters it wouldn't be questioned, only because you're making an SBR do they think you're doing something wrong. I may go ahead and send an email to Gary & Ted as a heads up about this, and maybe they can notify the examiners & research assistants.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#11]
One of mine is showing up in the approved folder but without a stamp        

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

One of mine is showing up in the approved folder but without a stamp          
View Quote
Email Ted Clutter and it may be fixed by the end of the day...

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
submitted  11-13-14
approved   12-17-14

wish form 4's would go that fast
View Quote

I assume this was e-filed?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not too bad. Once you resubmit, you can probably get approved within 48 hours by Ted.

They need to get this junk straightened out. Because technically, if they make you submit without the SBR prefix, and you build the firearm, you have an SBR that doesn't match the paperwork...thus a $250K/10-year unregistered weapon.

I see their side of it...as the SBR looks positioning similar to the CAL/MOD below it. Again, if it was any other three letters it wouldn't be questioned, only because you're making an SBR do they think you're doing something wrong. I may go ahead and send an email to Gary & Ted as a heads up about this, and maybe they can notify the examiners & research assistants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As info...

Sent an email to Ted, Gary and Kimberly. Gary replied to say "thanks" and that he forwarded the info to the NFA Branch Chief.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As info...

Sent an email to Ted, Gary and Kimberly. Gary replied to say "thanks" and that he forwarded the info to the NFA Branch Chief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As info...

well examiner sent an e-mail saying the prefix "SBR" was indeed part of the serial number and i fessed up to her that i had also typed in the serial number wrong resubmitted and she forwarded it to her supervisor to work out the bugs. there was a problem with the model # i clicked on st-15 and it populated SBR. this lower is becoming a headache.  if this one can't or won't get fixed i may just use a different lower and start at the beginning. i have a couple that are just sitting in the safe wanting to be built.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#16]
never efiled before..i guess the thing they send you in a pdf is the thing i should print and carry with me?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
never efiled before..i guess the thing they send you in a pdf is the thing i should print and carry with me?
View Quote

Yes. It should have the digital stamp, the Approved box checked and the examiner's signature.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Heard back from Ted this morning...he said:

Good Morning -

Thank you for the information, will review our process to ensure quality consistent...

Respectfully,
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Heard back from Ted this morning...he said:

Good Morning -

Thank you for the information, will review our process to ensure quality consistent...

Respectfully,
View Quote

Some of his email replies sound like a somalian scam letter.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Some of his email replies sound like a somalian scam letter.
View Quote

Yeah...I replied to that one, and the one I got back was similar. Even though it's one sentence, I had to read it a couple times.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes. It should have the digital stamp, the Approved box checked and the examiner's signature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it does..printed and put in my wallet..thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#22]
My E-file Form 1 was approved 12/18 but the approved form and stamp are no where to be found.  It shows approved in the E-forms but when I view the form it displays the submitted form not the approved one

Have E-mail in to Gary S and a VM into Jason Bowers who I believe is my examiner.

Mary at the NFA branch confirmed it was approved.

I think everyone is on Christmas vacation....agghhh
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

My E-file Form 1 was approved 12/18 but the approved form and stamp are no where to be found.  It shows approved in the E-forms but when I view the form it displays the submitted form not the approved one

Have E-mail in to Gary S and a VM into Jason Bowers who I believe is my examiner.

View Quote
Send Ted Clutter an email, he will fix it.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

well examiner sent an e-mail saying the prefix "SBR" was indeed part of the serial number and i fessed up to her that i had also typed in the serial number wrong resubmitted and she forwarded it to her supervisor to work out the bugs. there was a problem with the model # i clicked on st-15 and it populated SBR. this lower is becoming a headache.  if this one can't or won't get fixed i may just use a different lower and start at the beginning. i have a couple that are just sitting in the safe wanting to be built.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As info...

all is well here! ted did get me through the craziness! received approval this morning. i did email H. Thompson the original examiner and told her i really appreciated the help and all the work they all did for me. Lesson learned from this...attach a pic of the lowers serial number.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

all is well here! ted did get me through the craziness! received approval this morning. i did email H. Thompson the original examiner and told her i really appreciated the help and all the work they all did for me. Lesson learned from this...attach a pic of the lowers serial number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As info...

E-MAIL TO EXAMINER.......Hi Heather, I just want say thank you for the help this week with my form 1
fiasco. A person hears horror stories about working with the "ATF" but I have to
say the last couple months have been an eye opener. Every person in the ATF that
I have spoken to or E-mailed has been super. You were especially helpful and a
pleasure to work with. Again,thank you very much and have a great holiday and
new year.......David McClendon
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Email sent, I'm hoping he's working Monday and Tuesday...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:49:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Approved form showed up at 11:04 tonight.. Bravo Mr Clutter, you rock!  32 days to approval, 34 to get stamp in hand.

Now we need Form 4's in the e-forms system.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Ill add to this Spikes "SBR" issue. i had a form 1 E-file approved in October. when i submitted the SN i put SBR in the prefix (it is part of the SN) the form 1 came back approved but without the SBR in the serial number.

i emailed the ask the experts on that within the day of the approval on the error, and heard no response. i also mailed in a correction to the NFA branch, but when i called they said they had not received it (this was in early December.) so i mailed in a second one and expecting the longer wait for correction.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If Form 4's were that fast, I'd be broke.
View Quote

Thats the truth truf
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I mailed my Form in like a dummy, but I couldn't get my NFA Trust to load on the E Form. I realized that I only sent in one copy of the Form and not in duplicate. I emailed Ted about it and his response was:

Good Morning –

Simply MAIL the duplicate Form to the address BELOW, will include as part of the file…

VA32203
LW******

Thank you cooperation, and compliance…

Semper Fi,

He relied back to me at 0620 on a Sunday. I emailed him the Saturday night before.

I mailed in the duplicate Form 1 and print out of the email correspondent today priority mail. Hopefully I will get the approval within a month
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ill add to this Spikes "SBR" issue. i had a form 1 E-file approved in October. when i submitted the SN i put SBR in the prefix (it is part of the SN) the form 1 came back approved but without the SBR in the serial number.

i emailed the ask the experts on that within the day of the approval on the error, and heard no response. i also mailed in a correction to the NFA branch, but when i called they said they had not received it (this was in early December.) so i mailed in a second one and expecting the longer wait for correction.
View Quote

Weird, the Form 1 I got back approved on 11/10 still had the "SBR" prefix in the serial number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top