Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 10:43:02 AM EDT
In other words, if you buy a suppressor from them, will the dealer in my state charge me a transfer fee? If so, what is the going rate?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Fee is included. It's $70.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fee is included. It's $70.
View Quote

It's $64. They charge $206 for the stamp to cover CC fees.

I don't know exactly what they pay the local dealer (maybe $64 minus 3% CC fee? Maybe more?)....but you won't pay them anything per the agreement SS has in place with them.

OP...you can use SSD and use one of their dealers, or you can just pick your own. I have a local dealer that's on their list, but he charges $50 for an NFA transfer, so it would be cheaper to not use their $270 option. (It would also be faster, as the local dealer will file the F4 faster than SS will ) I know some people get charged $100+, and some $0, so it'll depend on your local dealer as to which is less expensive.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
$270 SS direct breakdown:
$8.10 CC processing fee.
$200 stamp
$50 to the dealer handling the transfer.
$11.90 to SS for being your paperwork jockey.  

I would say your F4 gets sent faster than through a local dealer as SS sends it off on behalf of the local dealer as soon as the F3 is approved.    

Works out great for the local dealer since all they do is enter it into their log when the receive it, then they process the 4473 when you show up to pick up the item.  They get $50 to store a box the size of a wine bottle for however many months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top