Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 6:36:23 PM EDT
I love this gun.  The outside is completely covered in patina, with no rust though, and the internals are mint, and it runs like a sewing machine.  

It's a matching 1942 Russian PPSH-41 that was, according to the family, taken off of a dead German soldier along with a British Sten gun (probably both that German soldiers trophies before he was killed) during the end of WW2, and snuck back to America, then sold for $50 to the next owner who was a good and younger friend of the WW2 vet in 1963 for $50, who then registered both guns in the 1968 amnesty.  I now own both of them, and I feel honored to have added them to my collection.  Pictures of the Sten will come as well.

A longer real video will be made this week of it.  I hope you like it.

Quick burst video

No camera filter.....

With HDR camera filter.....

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]

GORGEOUS.

That's one of my favorite small arms of all time. An absolute joy to shoot. Remarkably deadly.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn that is a beautiful rifle. Wish I could shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a shooting bud that owns an amnesty registered PPSH and I have had the luxury of firing it over the years.
Its a VERY sweet shooting SMG.

I always got hot brass on my head if I did not cant the rifle slightly with the top ejection. If I could turn back the clock and have any SMG of that era the MP40 is fun but the PPSH is a buzz saw.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a shooting bud that owns an amnesty registered PPSH and I have had the luxury of firing it over the years.

I always got hot brass on my head if I did not cant the rifle slightly with the top ejection. If I could turn back the clock and have any SMG of that era the MP40 is fun but the PPSH is a buzz saw.
View Quote

Interesting.  The brass should eject forward, avoiding you.  I always joke that I shoot the brass as it comes out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The stories that gun could tell...
View Quote

I added the story that I have been told about the gun to my original post.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I couldn't imagine a soldier hoofing it wanting to carry around the extra 20lbs for those two guns.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I couldn't imagine a soldier hoofing it wanting to carry around the extra 20lbs for those two guns.
View Quote

I couldn't either.  My grandfather who got drafted in his 30s and would be 104 right now if he was still alive said he didn't bring anything back but a pistol and a shotgun that my dad still has because he was as he said "too busy just trying to stay alive."  

A story is a story, and is worth nothing, but hey that's what I was told after I bought it, so I'll go with it, cause it sure is neat.  It was supposedly at the end of the war though, so maybe there wasn't much more "hoofing"?  Plus, it's not like many other soldiers didn't sneak back WAY more stuff, and honestly still do now.....

Thank God for that amnesty!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interesting.  The brass should eject forward, avoiding you.  I always joke that I shoot the brass as it comes out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His goes almost straight up ( fired brass) and lots of its fast.
When the ammo and guns were cheap ( to today's standards ) it was fun to burn ammo.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:43:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice man, been watchign your videos for a while now,
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow. So very cool.

Great job.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The stories that gun could tell...
View Quote

No kidding, to bad they didn't have the story as written by the GI who took them off the German. That would have made the set worth so much more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top