Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2014 6:18:41 PM EDT

So do not tell my wife but, I got another MG

But I really do not know the ins and outs of 1919s.

This is a DLO registered gun/side plate. But how do I know if he built it, or sold the side plate and someone else finished it?

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]

she looks so clean.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
cant help you with the 1919 information as my experience is just limited to shooting one a handful of times.

Nice score at the auction though. :-)

Edited to add, if you want to know if it was sold as a complete gun I would just call doug and linda.  I have their number buried somewhere it you cant find it on the web.

They should be able to tell you its history as it left them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

cant help you with the 1919 information as my experience is just limited to shooting one a handful of times.

Nice score at the auction though. :-)

Edited to add, if you want to know if it was sold as a complete gun I would just call doug and linda.  I have their number buried somewhere it you cant find it on the web.

They should be able to tell you its history as it left them.
View Quote

I have Doug's number somewhere too. I used to live about 1 hour from his new house in florida. He invited me over to shoot some motors and a can of coke.. I never made it..
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
When I had one.....

If you run links protect your trunnion with a beer can (aluminum) shim over the trunnion, the links drag / wear the trunnion.
Cloth belts do not wear the trunnion but are a PITA to load unless you have a cloth belt loader. I liked loading belts almost as much fun as firing the gun.

I always set headspace off the ammo I was running. Back off a few clicks on the barrel & retaining spring , chamber round and screw barrel down on round.
I backed off two (2) clicks for .308 and three (3) clicks for my 8MM barrel,

Its the most simple and durable belt fed ever made IMHO and you will never wear it out. Use a good motor oil to lube the bolt and let her rip.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

When I had one.....

If you run links protect your trunnion with a beer can (aluminum) shim over the trunnion, the links drag / wear the trunnion.

Cloth belts do not wear the trunnion but are a PITA to load unless you have a cloth belt loader. I liked loading belts almost as much fun as firing the gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When I had one.....

Yes I will be running Links , my buddy had a semi and the belts were a BIT#$ to load. Ill look into the trunnion protection. thanks

I always set headspace off the ammo I was running. Back off a few clicks on the barrel & retaining spring , chamber round and screw barrel down on round.I backed off two (2) clicks for .308 and three (3) clicks for my 8MM barrel,

I talked to Doug and he said the same thing.

Its the most simple and durable belt fed ever made IMHO and you will never wear it out. Use a good motor oil to lube the bolt and let her rip.
Thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top