User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2014 12:31:33 PM EDT
figured I throw this out there, local auction I saw linked from Boiseshooters

*It is not me or mine, nor any of my known friends*

hit the "start bidding" button to see what the current prices are
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn. Maybe I should sell a car.
The AK and G3 are *only* around 10k each.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I want that mp5
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
After me. Only $19.5k Thats a wasted dream

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want that mp5
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually some pretty good deals in there.

But you have to remember the 13-16% buyer's premium on top and the sales tax if applicable.

I'm going to keep my eye on a few things,  That AK is perfect
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget the 13% (cash)  to 16% (CC) buyer's premium, plus 6% sales tax. Ends up about 20% to 23% more.
So a $20k winning bid goes up to about $24k-$24.6k. And shipping is additional, of course.
I see the HK53 has the sear number stamped on the side of the receiver. I wonder how the Form 4 reads?

Edit 10/22/2014... the Form 4 is in the photos, the sear is the registered part and looks to be able to be divorced from the host...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Im tempted to bid on a few of those but im guessing the prices will go up in the next few days.

EDIT:
Quoted:
Don't forget the 13% (cash)  to 16% (CC) buyer's premium, plus 6% sales tax. Ends up about 20% to 23% more.
So a $20k winning bid goes up to about $24k-$24.6k. And shipping is additional, of course.
I see the HK53 has the sear number stamped on the side of the receiver. I wonder how the Form 4 reads?
View Quote

Ah yeah i didnt catch that, makes sens why theyre so low.

All items are sold 'As-IS', NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES
View Quote

Also a bit of a risk purchasing MGs without being able to inspect them in person for flaws, rewelds, refinishing, etc...

I dont think ill just bookmark it and see what they all sell for just for fun
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Sales tax is only for in-state purchases.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ah, yes, in the fine print I missed...
BTW the "Property of US Government" M16A1 with some missing parts is at $12.5k, plus premiums, etc... not a bad price if it doesn't get bid up, which I think it will...
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=915&aid=86007&lid=21624075&title=Colt-M16A1-Cal.-5.56-Full-Auto-SN-5283714---Selector-Switch-Parts-Missing---Fully-Transferable-For
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

BTW the "Property of US Government" M16A1 with some missing parts is at $12.5k, plus premiums, etc... not a bad price if it doesn't get bid up, which I think it will...
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=915&aid=86007&lid=21624075&title=Colt-M16A1-Cal.-5.56-Full-Auto-SN-5283714---Selector-Switch-Parts-Missing---Fully-Transferable-For
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  That's way under where it should be at the moment, even when your factor in the buyer's premium.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone notice the Colt M-16 with the "Property of U.S. Gov" rollmark? Aren't those pretty rare? I have only ever seen the Colt M-16 available for sale.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup US Property marked are rare. Would like to see the paperwork on that.

Also, notice the stainless Ruger KAC556FK has been rode very hard - flash hider wear is probably worse than any I ever saw - would need to have barrel looked at.

Early Ruger AC556 is very nice shape.

Wilson Arms AK is a AK registered sear gun.

Hard Times Galil looks like it was either never converted (no auto sear hole) or it is converted using a proprietary conversion method (?).  Either way better off converting to 7.62x39 rather than 308 since the mags are impossible to get at a good price and 7.62x51 Galils are like herpes at resale time.

Some nice stuff at that auction.  Someone had a nice collection.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Tony is correct on the warning flags, but it may actually be one of the DOE M16's that hit the market awhile ago, like in the 1990's.

Those were USGI Property marked M16s.

Also, the M16 model and Property marks were rolled at one time, then the Colt address, then the fire control then the serial number - not in that order.

I have seen USGI serial numbers walk the wall.

It was due to the Receiver not being placed in the jog properly.  It happened alot in the 1970s when that gun was probably made.  The serial number being goofy wasnt a reason to kick the weapon back during inspection like on a commercial weapon - too light a roll mark was a reason.

Google M16 receiver marks and you will see a gamut of them to include receiver marks that show "chatter"like the receiver slipped and the marks were rolled a couple times showing a "shadow" effect.  

The pics are too sh!tty to really tell.

It could either sell for a good price or a bad price - the other stuff being sold is more intriguing, but thats just me

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Frank, thank you. By far the majority of my M16 experience is with transferables (and post-samples) which started life as non-military guns, thus SNs "walking up the wall" are very uncommon.

I will be watching this auction with great interest.
View Quote

LOL

I was high bidder on most of the guns till this thread started. Thanks OP.

I just want one more HK sear
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Chas,

Life with the current internet is a bitch.  Some deals that you thought were culled away get uncovered by google with little effort (sigh).

Do me a favor, bid on this Inland M2 overstamp in the 6,000,000 range.  Looks like a nice blaster - but too tempting for me (not my gun, nor do I know whose it is - just too tempting).

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3156&aid=86348&lid=21630370&rfpb=0#Top
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Chas,

Life with the current internet is a bitch.  Some deals that you thought were culled away get uncovered by google with little effort (sigh).

Do me a favor, bid on this Inland M2 overstamp in the 6,000,000 range.  Looks like a nice blaster - but too tempting for me (not my gun, nor do I know whose it is - just too tempting).

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=3156&aid=86348&lid=21630370&rfpb=0#Top
View Quote
No worries at all. I do not need any more MGs.

I might get a M2 as a blaster,  but I kind of want a 1928 thompson, GG, or 1919, maxim, vickers, hk 23, or m60 for beltfeds more then a M2...

edit I am weak, for $2800 I am the high bidder

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like there were some decent deals to be had on the HK stuff.  A lot of sear guns moving in the low 20 range. (bringing them to mid 20s with buyers premium)  Figure the sear itself was worth that.

The parted out Colt went for way more than I would have suspected.   $22,750 which is $26,000 with the buyers premium.  You can get a nice complete M16 from Ruben for $26K.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I couldn't believe the deals.

There were 20 preban stripped lowers.  I got three, of which two were consecutive serial numbers.  I wanted a fourth lower, but I was against another bidder that bought the other 17 lowers.  He wouldn't let me pick up the fourth I was hoping for.  Same bidder bought a preban OA AR for 500.

But I'll set for the three preban lowers.  My way of saying screw you liberal CT douches.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#20]
All the HKs went for $5-7000 below value even after the buyer's premium.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got one of them
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I got one of them

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got one of them

I have not been following Sear prices, but yes deals were to be had.

I picked up the 1919a4
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I picked up the 1919a4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got one of them

I picked up the 1919a4

Picked up another M16 myself for quite a bit below market.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got one of them

I picked up the 1919a4

Yes I saw both RRs went for what 9.5 and the other was 10.2??

Looks like arfcom hit that auction hard.!!!

Has anyone been contacted yet?? We can have our own thread to see who can get their stuff first.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#25]
I've had email communications on settling up for my auctions and for FFL info.

Quoted:
Has anyone been contacted yet?? We can have our own thread to see who can get their stuff first.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The prices, including buyer's commission, on the AR RR's in the auction above:

-- CAR-AR .223 SGW Olympic Arms, Full Auto Machine Gun, SN Z-6740, Weapons Specialties, Camo - Fully Transferable Form 4: $11,890.

-- CAR-AR .223 SGW, Full Auto Machine Gun, SN Z-6815 - As-New - Fully Transferable Form 4, Weapons Specialties: $13,920.

-- Olympic Arms CAR-AR .223 SGW Olympic Arms SN Z-6814, Weapons Specialties: $13,340.

And the Colt M16A1 mentioned above went for $26,390.
View Quote

I ended up with the Oly for $10,250, will be taking the 3% cash discount so total will be $11,580

I have gotten some email communication stating I won and would get an official invoice shortly, but just plan on calling the Auction House and handling FFL on Monday to start making payment and transfer arrangements.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Colt M16A1 $26390, the winner only bid once at the last minute, he outbid me. I think that Colt worth $25k top.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Got one of the SGWs about 13000 out the door.  I already spoke to M60Joe to look at it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Colt M16A1 $26390, the winner only bid once at the last minute, he outbid me. I think that Colt worth $25k top.
View Quote

I would not doubt if it was one of the two big dealers.

I bet they will have it refinished and will come out with a price take around 30K.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Damnit, I didn't even see the other 4 page of stuff.  I only as page 1.

I also didn't see that a bunch of those HKs were sear guns.  I saw the one that mentioned it in the description and figured the others were RRs.

There were loads of deals to be had, and had I seen the other pages, I would definitely have gotten some.  The MGs were great deals too, or at least a lot of them were.  If that AK had stayed down around $10k, I probably would have found the money to make it work.

Congrats to those of you that scored some stuff.  An aquiantance bought the MAC.  I was interested in that and the SPAS with the push button safety.  I didn't end up bidding on either.

Posts up pics when y'all get 'em!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#32]
It was odd,

One of the guns was clearly described as an HK Sear Gun with an S&H sear.  However, the rest of them they listed them as HK machineguns, but the  serial numbers they listed in general didnt match the general HK serial number schema, and some of them you could see the actual host serial and it wasnt a 4 digit value.

The real clincher was that usually the last "picture" of each gun/auction if you scrolled all the way through them was a pic of the F4 (redacted a bit) but  including the serial and decription information.   Basically every single HK for sale was an S&H HK Sear gun, with a description stating that the S&H sear had been installed in semi-host xyz.

Seems like they shot themselves in the foot with the descriptions as it lended folks to think they were a registered receiver vs. a transferable sear.  You had to hunt to figure out what they were.

I thought about trying to grab one of the HKs, but already have three sears and it would have been a real cash flow stretch to try take both an HK and M16 at the same time.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Exactly.  I just bought my first HK sear and might have seriously considered picking up another if I knew they were sear guns.  Shot themselves a little in the foot there.

That being said, I think going through gunbroker would have brought the estate more money overall anyway.  That stuff went for way under value.  The premiums went to the auction house anyway, so the the estate probably got screwed.  What the final bid was was probable what the estate got.  It may have been easier to do it this way, but I bet the estate sacrificed at least $40,000-50,000 by doing it this way.  Dunn move, and even more dumb descriptions.

If any of those guns had Fleming sears in them, I'd really be kicking myself around.  As it is, I was offered an S&H sear around the time I bought my Fleming for either $17k or $19k, can't remember which.  I guess when I take that into consideration, the deals weren't spectacular, but they were still really nice.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:20:31 AM EDT
[#34]
The best HK deal was a 93 with an S&H sear that went for just shy of 19K I beleive, which brings you to $21Kish with premium.

I was considering going up to 20K on the 93 and had my finger hovering over the mouse but basically chickened out since I had just bought the Oly and was trying to rapdily figure where I was going to squeeze 30K from.  Almost bid on a second Oly as well (the one with the M60 bipod front end)

Who ever got the 93 with S&H sear could easily flip the S&H sear for 22 to 23K, pocket acouple grand and keep the $2000 host gun for free.

Most of the other HKs were in the 22K range which brings you closer to 25K with premium (assuming you take the case discount)   Still not a bad deal, but not as great if you were planning to flip it.

Just wish there was a Tommy or a Norrell 22 in that auction with that type of discount, as those are the only two machineguns I still have a hankering for.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The best HK deal was a 93 with an S&H sear that went for just shy of 19K I beleive, which brings you to $21Kish with premium.

I was considering going up to 20K on the 93 and had my finger hovering over the mouse but basically chickened out since I had just bought the Oly and was trying to rapdily figure where I was going to squeeze 30K from.  Almost bid on a second Oly as well (the one with the M60 bipod front end)

Who ever got the 93 with S&H sear could easily flip the S&H sear for 22 to 23K, pocket acouple grand and keep the $2000 host gun for free.

Most of the other HKs were in the 22K range which brings you closer to 25K with premium (assuming you take the case discount)   Still not a bad deal, but not as great if you were planning to flip it.

Just wish there was a Tommy or a Norrell 22 in that auction with that type of discount, as those are the only two machineguns I still have a hankering for.
View Quote

There's a Thompson still listed now. 12k-ish last I looked.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats to all those who snagged a good deal, especially those SGW RR, even after fees $12-13k is a steal!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#37]
DId everyone get their invoices?  I got mine and even with the 3% mark down that 13% still sucked big time.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
DId everyone get their invoices?  I got mine and even with the 3% mark down that 13% still sucked big time.

View Quote

I got mine yesterday and spoke to the auction house.

Check is going in the mail tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:41:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would have had a check in the mail yesterday, but they have not returned a voice mail I let. And everytime I call someone from an answering service picks up....

you did send the check to the PO box on the invoice?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:16:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Received invoice yesterday, mailed check to the PO Box on the invoice
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks,

Btw did anyone else have a invoice say form 4 in the description?

Are these at a dealer and will transfer via form 3 to my dealer? (Faster)

Like I said they have not emailed nor returned my phone calls.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks,  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks,  

All were on form 4
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#43]
My credit card has been charged for the items I bought.  I haven't received any shipping info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top