Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2014 11:42:50 AM EDT
Why are pending dates changing? I had a July 8th pending and now it changed to June 20th...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine did.   Jun 4th received.  Jun 12 pending.  Changed to July 9th.   I was told 3 times pending was June 12.   Monday was told that it didn't get entered into the system and go pending until July 9.  Either someone was telling me the wrong date....Victoria or they changed something.  Lady I spoke with yesterday wasn't Victoria though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why are pending dates changing? I had a July 8th pending and now it changed to June 20th...
View Quote

How did your July 8th change to June 20? That's kinda going backwards isn't it? I'd be happy if my pending date was pushed to the left......
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering if they had changed my pending date, so I called...nope, still 7/30 & 8/7. I asked about why some folks pending dates have changed and Cary said it could have been a potential problem status that was caught prior to being put into problem status and letter sent out after examiner triple checked it.. Also, mistake on their end...sort of like a second pending date...that one gets a also.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was wondering if they had changed my pending date, so I called...nope, still 7/30 & 8/7. I asked about why some folks pending dates have changed and Cary said it could have been a potential problem status that was caught prior to being put into problem status and letter sent out after examiner triple checked it.. Also, mistake on their end...sort of like a second pending date...that one gets a also.
View Quote

huh?  SS did mine.  I'm sure they know how to send in a form 4 on paper by now.  Screwy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Weird stuff for me too. My check was cashed on 9/21 but was given a pending date of 9/4?!?! Anyone ever heard of a pending date occurring before the check cash date?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How did your July 8th change to June 20? That's kinda going backwards isn't it? I'd be happy if my pending date was pushed to the left......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have no idea because June 20th is about the time I bought my suppressor. I'll have to look at my bank statement and see when they cashed the check. I noticed some people on here had their dates changed so I gave it a try and yes, mine changed too.

Edit: just checked. I bought it around June 25th and check cash July 2 and went pending July 8th but now it's changed to June 20th. Weird.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#7]
They tried to make it seem like it was my fault when I called that the date I had was wrong.

I called about 3 times prior to my date being changed and when it did change I asked why and she said something along the lines of, "It's always been that date, that date was the one for your check being cashed."

Mine was only a week difference though, and my Form 4 submitted a week later wasn't changed. The first form 4 never hit an error.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

huh?  SS did mine.  I'm sure they know how to send in a form 4 on paper by now.  Screwy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a mistake on "our side", NFA branch side. They either entered something wrong or misread something on the form or database.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I just don't understand how I got a June 20th when I bought my suppressor after that and forms wasn't even sent... Even if I bought it on June 20th....
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just don't understand how I got a June 20th when I bought my suppressor after that and forms wasn't even sent... Even if I bought it on June 20th....
View Quote

It's the ATF. Welcome to the madness. It doesn't have to make sense.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I had a few that had pending dates that were changed.  Mostly pushed forward though.  1 went from July 9th to July 17th, and some others from June 30th to July 27th.  I really think it has to do with the NOOBS answering the phones.  I called the other day to check my most anticipated item, and the first girl that answered said there was NOTHING in the system.  It freaked me out.  I read my SN to her 3 different ways, and each time she said there was NOTHING in the system.  I caught my breath, called me dealer, then called NFA again hoping for a different person to answer.  Sure enough, it was a familiar voice that answered the 2nd time, and gave me a different date.  I was surprised at the date change, but relieved that the item was "found".
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I have noticed there's somenew voices. Mary told me the July 8th pending. Victoria told me the June 20th pending. I'm going to call again beginning of November and see what they say.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Victoria seems to give received dates, the others give pending dates.
View Quote

What a newb.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What a newb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a newb.

She actually gave me my received, check cashed, and pending dates...none of the other receptionists gave me all of those dates...ever.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I called today to check on mine. Date was 6/25 and was told today that it is 6/6...... That was a suprise to say the least. I'd rather they go ahead and approve it, lol.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#17]
OKay we figured it out. Some of the newer front officer phoners are giving check cashed date as pending. Some are giving received as pending. The real pending would be the real one given by a experienced person like Damon or Mary.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OKay we figured it out. Some of the newer front officer phoners are giving check cashed date as pending. Some are giving received as pending. The real pending would be the real one given by a experienced person like Damon or Mary.
View Quote

Mary told me today when I asked about the change in pending dates on 2 items that they were switching to using the date the payment was received (eForm) or check was cashed (paper) as the pending dates.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

She actually gave me my received, check cashed, and pending dates...none of the other receptionists gave me all of those dates...ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a newb.

I spoke to her yesterday and she said I didn't have a pending date and my June 19 form 4 would be here by February...  I have gotten 7/8 pending dates from multiple people at the NFA.  They literally say whatever they want sometimes...

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I spoke to her yesterday and she said I didn't have a pending date and my June 19 form 4 would be here by February...  I have gotten 7/8 pending dates from multiple people at the NFA.  They literally say whatever they want sometimes...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a newb.

I think what's going on is that they are getting annoyed, especially now that the examiners are pumping out these approvals really fast.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I think what's going on is that they are getting annoyed, especially now that the examiners are pumping out these approvals really fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a newb.

While I agree, they may be getting annoyed, they work for the GoV paid for by tax dollars.  Oh well.  Not to piss them off, but rather they need to get off their asses and make a functional eform system where we can see every aspect of the process real time.  My form1, I knewmwhen it was submitted.  When it went pending, and when it was approve by checking daily.   Makes the most sense to me...but this is the guberment.  So I can't really get too empathetic to annoying them.   Although I tried to call every couple of weeks when it got close to my approval date on the NFAtracker data.......and be very polite on the phone with them
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone ever told them why they lie? I used to call all the time and back then, I would get Mary or Damon alot and I've actually called 3 days apart and the first day, Mary said it will be another 4 months before approval and I called 3 days later knowing my approval is close and Mary told me it was approved "today". I could have been like "You told me 4 months 3 days ago...."
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Has anyone ever told them why they lie? I used to call all the time and back then, I would get Mary or Damon alot and I've actually called 3 days apart and the first day, Mary said it will be another 4 months before approval and I called 3 days later knowing my approval is close and Mary told me it was approved "today". I could have been like "You told me 4 months 3 days ago...."
View Quote

I called them out on it once, when they told me it would probably be at least four months from the day I called...even though I received an error letter the previous week, so technically it would've already been approved if not for the bogus issue. Didn't really matter, I was just ill about it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#24]
The three times that I've called I think I spoke to Victoria.

I've had a consistent May 6 pending date, but my anticipated completion date has moved from March to January and now to December.  I jokingly told my wife that if I call two more times, I'll already be approved.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:19:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Similar experience here. I had submitted Septemer 2nd, check cashed on September 11th. I called September 29th, they said it wasn't pending yet. I called again October 20th, they said it went pending September 10th.

Who knows.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I called them out on it once, when they told me it would probably be at least four months from the day I called...even though I received an error letter the previous week, so technically it would've already been approved if not for the bogus issue. Didn't really matter, I was just ill about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They know we know. Why not just tell us exactly where it's at. They know when it's on the examiners desk. I'm sure they keep track of it all! I think that's why they've changed the pending dates. They are picking from one of the 3 dates shown for form recieved, cash checked and actually pending. Anyways I don't know what they're up to. I liked it when they did the 2nd pending. Let's you know you're within a month instead of "be approved 2018". I believe people would call less if they just say "within 30 days".
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I spoke to Mary at the NFA branch this afternoon about my Form 4 (received by them on 10/20, check cashed on 10/22).  They hadn't issued a pending date yet and she asked if the check had been cashed (which I answered in the affirmative).  She stated that it sometimes takes 4 - 6 weeks for things to show up as pending in the system, however the checked cashed date would be my pending date.  So it sounds like there is a LOT of inconsistency around this process, but hopefully more examiners will give some normalization.  She told me to call back in a few weeks to ensure that it's gone pending.

To her credit, I told her, "I swear to God, I'm not going to be one of those guys that calls every week asking for a status" and she had a good laugh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top