Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
That's what happened to me... Until my pending date was pushed back to 7/8.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what happened to me... Until my pending date was pushed back to 7/8.
View Quote

So if I call a few more weeks down the road it'll be different? Awesome!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I am 10 days away from 6 months.

Form 4, Estate-to-individual, In-state transfer.  First transfer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Since this is the 3rd thread I bumped just now, sorry guys, just want to spread the word...SS is showing 8/13 as the latest form 4 approved and in hand. YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since this is the 3rd thread I bumped just now, sorry guys, just want to spread the word...SS is showing 8/13 as the latest form 4 approved and in hand. YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
View Quote

And I'll reply to every one. Just stop.

That's a single point of data, not a trend. They could have gotten 200 stamps back from the first date in their range, and one stamp back for 8/13. Could've been a hardship approval, a dealer going out of business, a member of the military getting one pushed through, or one of a million other exceptional circumstance. Until you start seeing them consistently on NFATracker around that date, I wouldn't get my hopes up too soon.

(And this is coming from somebody with four pending between 7/24-8/4...so if I get called this week for my two 7/24 forms, I'll let you know it's a trend )
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's a single point of data, not a trend. They could have gotten 200 stamps back from the first date in their range, and one stamp back for 8/13. Could've been a hardship approval, a dealer going out of business, a member of the military getting one pushed through, or one of a million other exceptional circumstance. Until you start seeing them consistently on NFATracker around that date, I wouldn't get my hopes up too soon.

(And this is coming from somebody with four pending between 7/24-8/4...so if I get called this week for my two 7/24 forms, I'll let you know it's a trend )
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry for the heavy derp. Just excited. I got 2 pending 7/30 and 8/7...I wants me cans NAO!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's probably gonna be another month or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry for the heavy derp. Just excited. I got 2 pending 7/30 and 8/7...I wants me cans NAO!!!!!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's probably gonna be another month or two.

Sir...why do you have to fart in my Cheerios? I can dream...IM A PEACOCK!!!!! WHY DON'T YOU LET ME FLY!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sir...why do you have to fart in my Cheerios? I can dream...IM A PEACOCK!!!!! WHY DON'T YOU LET ME FLY!!!!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

...snip...

Do peacocks fly?  

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I think someone is chasing waterfalls....

That being said, I better have my 8/22 pendings in hand next week.... Though, I'd rather have my 6/25...
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That being said, I better have my 8/22 pendings in hand next week.... Though, I'd rather have my 6/25...
View Quote

I would be happy to see mine from May
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd like to see mine from April 10th.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Pending 4/30
Approved 10/31

FUCK YES!
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Form 4 Trust (Paper)
Surefire 556RC  
Purchased: 3 June 2014
Form 4 Submitted: 3 June 2014
Form 4 Arrived: 7 June 2014
Check Cashed: Sent USPS MO
Pending: 2 July 2014 (called 21 Oct)
Form 4 Approved: 30 OCT 2014  
Form 4 Received: any day

150 Days (4 Months 28 Days from Submit to Approved)
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Form 4 Trust (Paper)
Surefire 556RC
Purchased: 23 Apr 2014
Form 4 Submitted: 24 Apr 2014
Form 4 Arrived: 30 Apr 2014
Check Cashed: 01 May 2014
Pending: 07 May 2014
Form 4 Approved: 23 Oct 2014  
Form 4 Received: 27 Oct 2014

179 Days
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have seen mine from May! Picked her up from the jailhouse today.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Paper Form4
Trust
Octane 45
Pending July 10
Approved Oct 28
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#18]
How do you guys determine the pending date?  I am having issues, mine was submitted in July, but check wasn't cashed til this last Monday and they said it will be 4 more weeks before they can even see it in their system.

Is this normal?  It's been just over 4 months and the check is just now being cashed?
How do you determine what your "pending" date is?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Form 4 Trust - Saker 7.62
Mailed: 5/27/14
Received (approved): 11/7/14

Form 4 Trust - Octane 45
Mailed: 6/25/14
Received (approved): 11/13/14
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How do you guys determine the pending date?  I am having issues, mine was submitted in July, but check wasn't cashed til this last Monday and they said it will be 4 more weeks before they can even see it in their system.

Is this normal?  It's been just over 4 months and the check is just now being cashed?
View Quote

It's not normal. Your dealer sat on it, or somehow the ATF misplaced it and then found it.

You get a Pending date when you call and ask for a status.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your dealer/ATF screwed you. Checks are cashed within 1 week of arrival.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I've seen some applications like this. I wonder why dealers do that? Is it because they don't have the suppressor in stock?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've seen some applications like this. I wonder why dealers do that? Is it because they don't have the suppressor in stock?
View Quote

Most likely they dropped the ball and didn't send it out. Most dealers will sell you the can that they show you. Then they fill out form 4, attach trust paperwork, get your signature on form, and then mail out the whole package to NFA branch within a day or two...
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#24]
It is really interesting though that the day after I call the ATF and tell them it was mailed in July, why isn't it showing up, the check posts to my account.  It really leads me to believe that ATF is at fault here.  So now i have to wait like 4 or 5 months from this point?  That's messed up but I don't think there is anything I can do about it
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 6:52:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It is really interesting though that the day after I call the ATF and tell them it was mailed in July, why isn't it showing up, the check posts to my account.  It really leads me to believe that ATF is at fault here.  So now i have to wait like 4 or 5 months from this point?  That's messed up but I don't think there is anything I can do about it
View Quote

I wouldn't have none of that if it's atf fault. If you can show that your check was cashed a while ago, I would get it sped up by a supervisor. Ted is very nice.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I wouldn't have none of that if it's atf fault. If you can show that your check was cashed a while ago, I would get it sped up by a supervisor. Ted is very nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is the check wasn't cashed a while ago, just this past Monday
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm working with a similar issue - I mailed in a Form 4 at the beginning of October and the check has not yet been cashed; Ten days is the normal time for this so I started to worry after a month *only* because this transfer has been a fucking nightmare so far with changing SOTs and lost Forms by ATF.  I'm not sure at what point I should follow up with ATF further (maybe an email to Mr. Clutter?) to see if the forms can be "found" or whatever, or if I can at least get expedited into the line or something.

Normally I mail the shit in and forget about it but this one if I had done that I'd still be waiting for a Form 3 that got lost (I caught it after three months).
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Rick, it sounds like you were in the same boat as myself.  I had a Form 3 take over three months (early June to mid-September).  Then, due to a screwup with shipping and my SOT, the suppressor was in limbo for a month.  But I sent in my paperwork for the Form 4 on October 10th, arrival in Atlanta on October 14th and the check was cashed on October 20th.  I still don't have a pending date yet (due to it taking 4-6 weeks after the check was cashed to have a pending date), but it sounds like something is up with your documents.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#29]
cashed 7/17, approved 11/15.

So it seems we are right at 4 months for paper trust form 4. This is awesome.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Form4 trust, check cashed 7/1, arrived at my dealer on 11/17.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Mailed 7/12
Check 7/17
Pending 7/30
Approved 11/13
Received TBD

4 months and a day from when it went in the mail until approved.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Are paper forms for individuals running about the same?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Are paper forms for individuals running about the same?
View Quote
Probably a month or more slower due to fingerprint checks...

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll take it. Better than 8-9 months
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Saker 7.62

Mailed: June 16
Check Cashed: June 20
Pending: June 19
Approved: November 6
Stamp Received: November 17

ETA: Trust
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like form 4's are going faster than the original eform 4's...I got from in the mail to approved in 127 days.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:50:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm working with a similar issue - I mailed in a Form 4 at the beginning of October and the check has not yet been cashed; Ten days is the normal time for this so I started to worry after a month *only* because this transfer has been a fucking nightmare so far with changing SOTs and lost Forms by ATF.  I'm not sure at what point I should follow up with ATF further (maybe an email to Mr. Clutter?) to see if the forms can be "found" or whatever, or if I can at least get expedited into the line or something.

Normally I mail the shit in and forget about it but this one if I had done that I'd still be waiting for a Form 3 that got lost (I caught it after three months).
View Quote

This same bullshit is happening to me right now. Form 4s sent to Atlanta on Oct 6 and the checks are still not cashed. My dealer sent them out via certified mail and the little green postcard just arrived back in the mail to my dealer this week. Some atf slack ass must just be letting the forms and checks stack up for weeks before doing anything with them. Unbelievable.  And before anyone says my dealer sat on the forms,  I know that's not the case in this situation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, shit that at least makes me feel better that it didn't get lost in the mail.  I ALWAYS use delivery confirmation or certified mail but was mailing a bunch of stuff at once this time and didn't notice the clerk didn't put it on there.  I'd feel even better if I knew that it got there at least!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I have always noticed that form 4s to dealers from individuals go much faster than if it was just going from an individual to another individual.  Anyone else notice this?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#40]
My paper form 4 (trust) was submitted late June, pending and check cashed early July, approved Nov 15, received a few days later.  4.5 months.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Still hasn't arrived at dealer. 9 days post approval, still waiting.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully we get our stamps soon. Was looking forward to an email from SS today but nothing so far.

Wonder if the holiday week will delay the stamps at all.

Guess it'll we found out soon enough.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Hopefully we get our stamps soon. Was looking forward to an email from SS today but nothing so far.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. I'm checking my email every 2 seconds. Wednesday is the only day I can pick it up this month.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Same boat, but I'm at 22 days...
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#45]
This thread gives me hope
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Emailed Ted. I had a check cashed Sept 29th, and it just went pending a few days ago. Hopefully he can speed this up, because I'm almost certain they lost it. (It was sent off late August).
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Just got a Form 4 back today. Mailed out on 7/14 and went pending on 7/30. Approved on 11/13 but was not received by my dealer until 11/24.

122 days from mailed to approved / 106 days from pending to approved. Times are definitely speeding up.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:31:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Due to my NFA shenanigans I had to request my TiRant 9s to be canceled  I got to talk with my examiner yesterday morning and he told me that my 8/7 pending was going to get approved Wednesday or Monday . Not a happy camper here but really happy that thing are going really fast compared to 6 months ago...faster than the last few months of Eforms earlier this year. I'm not going to talk about the hit I'm going to take from the dealer...but it is what it is...
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Due to my NFA shenanigans I had to request my TiRant 9s to be canceled  I got to talk with my examiner yesterday morning and he told me that my 8/7 pending was going to get approved Wednesday or Monday . Not a happy camper here but really happy that thing are going really fast compared to 6 months ago...faster than the last few months of Eforms earlier this year. I'm not going to talk about the hit I'm going to take from the dealer...but it is what it is...
View Quote

What are you going to be doing with them? Selling them off?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They price matched SS price to the penny after tax...now I'm getting only 40% back and the tax stamp. Technically it's now a used can...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top