Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2014 5:57:59 PM EDT

I get an envelope in the mail today and I can see it's from the ATF. It's been less than 2 months since I paper filed my Form 1, and was thinking "Ohh great what did I forget to put on the form".

I open it, and to my surprise, it's my approved Form 1. Submitted 7/24/14, approved 9/5/2014, received 9/15/2014. Here I thought I'd get it 9 months later. Yay!

On a side note, I haven't seen this examiner's name before. Anyone else decipher it?

My wife thinks "Daniel Theene"

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The disparity between form 1 and form 4s is becoming some serious bullshit.

But congrats on your stamp nonetheless.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit.

I've got a F4 pending since May 1st, and nothing.

Congrats on the F1, though.  Whatcha building?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

No shit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

M92 PAP. Just purchased the Manticore triangle folder today w/ Stormwerkz hinge.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
M92 PAP. Just purchased the Manticore triangle folder today w/ Stormwerkz hinge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

Nice!

My kit-built M92 is one of my favorite guns.  You'll love yours.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:00:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya I really don't understand what the hell they are doing.  No one is expecting approvals for at least 3 months when you submit it,  it doesn't make a bit of sense to be processing Form 1s so fast.  Silencer Shop is showing the Form 4s they are getting back are still from 2013, they need to get on that shit right now.  There can't be too many paper Form 4s out there prior to April, everyone who could was efiling them.  The ATF has said more than once that they were going to focus on Form 4s but I don't see it happening.  I really just want my Saker 762, is that too much to ask?

Sorry about that tangent OP.  Congrats on getting it back so fast.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#7]
My theory is they don't want to have wait times come down drastically on suppressors and create a flood of buying just before they hit us with 41P......
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:03:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

I had a paper form 4 from 4/28 come in on 9/15. Approved on 9/5. Looks like they're coming back sooner too but not as soon.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I got the envelope back last Friday and I was like way to go ATF.....but it was not to be...I had forgotten to fill out section 4i..."state why you intend to make firearm"

Bummer....but my fault.   Fixed the issue and put them back in the mail to WV.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine came back today. Eform 1 submitted 8/20 approved 9/16! Less than 30 days ftw!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

My theory is they don't want to have wait times come down drastically on suppressors and create a flood of buying just before they hit us with 41P......
View Quote
I assume this is the proposal regarding Trust's to file fingerprints and what not. ?

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ya I really don't understand what the hell they are doing.  No one is expecting approvals for at least 3 months when you submit it,  it doesn't make a bit of sense to be processing Form 1s so fast.  Silencer Shop is showing the Form 4s they are getting back are still from 2013, they need to get on that shit right now.  There can't be too many paper Form 4s out there prior to April, everyone who could was efiling them.  The ATF has said more than once that they were going to focus on Form 4s but I don't see it happening.  I really just want my Saker 762, is that too much to ask?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No Worries. I wanted to simply post because I've yet to see anyone get Form 1 paper back so fast. Unless maybe it's because now everyone is E-filing form 1s? I was expecting to wait 9 months like my last suppressor that I just got two weeks ago, but Christmas came early ;)

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I supposed that's possible, but I hope not.

I think it has a lot more to do with there are way fewer form 1's submitted, and they are back on eforms so the form 1 process is much more efficient. They only had to get rid of a very brief time frame of paper backlog. There's something like twice as many form 4's submitted than 1's IIRC. Eforms is still not back up for those forms, so its taken a lot longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I supposed that's possible, but I hope not.

I think it has a lot more to do with there are way fewer form 1's submitted, and they are back on eforms so the form 1 process is much more efficient. They only had to get rid of a very brief time frame of paper backlog. There's something like twice as many form 4's submitted than 1's IIRC. Eforms is still not back up for those forms, so its taken a lot longer.

Which is why it doesn't make sense for them to not put as many examiners on the forms that most effect the industry, and the forms that the ATF has identified as being "top priority" instead it seems the new examiners are processing Form 1s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top