Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 2:42:32 PM EDT
Would someone please tell me the correct information to put on the Form 1 to MG a HK trigger pack. I currently own an HK93 (5.56), HK94 (9mm), and HK91 (7.62) that I would use with the registered trigger pack.

What do I put under Form 1 questions:

Caliber:
Overall Length:
Barrel length:
Name and Location of original manufacturer:
Model:
Type of firearm to be made:
Serial number:

Anything thing else?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Would someone please tell me the correct information to put on the Form 1 to MG a HK trigger pack. I currently own an HK93 (5.56), HK94 (9mm), and HK91 (7.62) that I would use with the registered trigger pack.

What do I put under Form 1 questions:

Caliber: N/A
Overall Length: N/A
Barrel length: N/A
Model:
Serial number:

Anything thing else?
View Quote

The first three would be N/A.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
On a F2, I used:

Caliber:
.308 [I actually listed 3, but they don't accept that now]

Overall Length:
N/A

Barrel length:
N/A

[Your trust]

Model:
HK

Machinegun

Serial number:

The model and s/n can be (almost) anything you want. Actual regs for that are in NFA Handbook.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On a F2, I used:

Caliber: .308 [I actually listed 3, but they don't accept that now]
Name and Location of original manufacturer: [Your trust]
Model: HK
Type of firearm to be made: Machinegun
Serial number: 0003

The model and s/n can be (almost) anything you want. Actual regs for that are in NFA Handbook.

Good luck!  
View Quote

Under "type of firearm to be made", should I put "machinegun trigger pack" or "machinegun auto-sear". Without that desinator, how does the BATF know it's a trigger pack and not a complete firearm? Maybe under "model" put "HK trigger pack"???
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You can't get a Form 1 for a machinegun approved unless you are acting on the behalf of a LE/Gov agency.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You can't get a Form 1 for a machinegun approved unless you are acting on the behalf of a LE/Gov agency.
View Quote

yeah you can

Im building a SAW

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck. I bet you get denied.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Under "type of firearm to be made", should I put "machinegun trigger pack" or "machinegun auto-sear". Without that desinator, how does the BATF know it's a trigger pack and not a complete firearm? Maybe under "model" put "HK trigger pack"???
View Quote

Just "machinegun" under B.

Under H, you can put "drop-in trigger pack for HK style firearms"

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:16:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Put whatever u want, it'll be denied and you can add your name to the class action hat.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 4:39:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Under H, you can put "drop-in trigger pack for HK style firearms"  
View Quote

I thought block H was only used to place information about engraving.

Good luck OP, I'm sure it'll be denied along with the Form 1 I mailed in Saturday morning for a DIAS.

This seems good to me for a DIAS, block 4:
a. XXX TRUST CITY, STATE
b. MACHINEGUN
c. NA
d. DIAS-AR
e. NA
f. 1.5"
g. 1234
h. blank
i. investment and all other lawful purposes

Anything missing or wrong with the above?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

As for the trust verses private ownership battle now going on, do not see this ending well, and instead there will be new more stringent Batf laws on Trust requirements for MG ownership; ending with lot of people currently owning NFA items on trusts that will no longer qualify for NFA ownership trust's/ not able to registry the items back in their own name (read a great deal of these trust where formed since local LEO would not sign off in the first place, so they will be SOL if there trust no longer qualifies under the new trust laws for NFA ownership and can not get the needed local signature to transfer it back to themselves indepently).

View Quote
While that may be the case, It sure beats not doing anything. The "good enough" mentality is sickening.

They cannot just "get rid" of trusts and they know it.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Unless you are a SOT with a LEO letterhead for a " Department sample for demonstration" to make such in the first place (or some other case pretty much the same), BATF is not going to approve this for form 4 ownership (civilian ownership).

April May 1986 was the cut off date to add MG's to the NFA for form 4 civilian ownership.

As for the trust verses private ownership battle now going on, do not see this ending well, and instead there will be new more stringent Batf laws on Trust requirements for MG ownership; ending with lot of people currently owning NFA items on trusts that will no longer qualify for NFA ownership trust's/ not able to registry the items back in their own name (read a great deal of these trust where formed since local LEO would not sign off in the first place, so they will be SOL if there trust no longer qualifies under the new trust laws for NFA ownership and can not get the needed local signature to transfer it back to themselves indepently).

View Quote

May, not April 1986. And as for your point of trust restrictions, that may or may not be true. Legislation by Congress would have to be involved, I think.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I jumped on the eForm 1 bandwagon as well with an AR DIAS. For barrel length I tried putting N/A but it wouldn't work so I put 0. For OAL I put 1.5" as that is about what those are. Since the little piece of metal is the registered part, that's what it is.

Class action here we come!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Unless you are a SOT with a LEO letterhead for a " Department sample for demonstration" to make such in the first place (or some other case pretty much the same), BATF is not going to approve this for form 4 ownership (civilian ownership).

April 1986 was the cut off date to add MG's to the NFA for form 4 civilian ownership.

View Quote

Bingo. NFATC all over again.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#15]
These are the answers I used:

Caliber: N/A
Name and Location of original manufacturer: 57Strat City/Texas
Model: HK
Type of firearm to be made: Machine Gun
Serial number: HK001

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got my eform 1 disapproved notice as i expected, so no new machinegun for me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#17]
did they refund your CC already also?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
did they refund your CC already also?
View Quote

It takes a long time and is a process.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Charge hasn't even cleared pending yet on my card. But had to take the shot. I've got three already, but would have been nice to get another, especially for the price! I figured they would cancel them all on Monday, that's why I didn't submit 10 of them, although I could have used a minigun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:39:48 AM EDT
[#20]
LOL, what do you fellas expect ? seriously... sue them all you want... they will find a way out, and then crush us
all different ways like they usually do when they rule on clarification  letters...
i dont know what you guys think your going to prove ? besides jamming up the Approval process for everyone else.
im happy with my ''Real'' Transferables, i dont have a problem ''paying'' up for my items. i dont have to shiver at the mailbox hoping
i dont get a disapproval letter...

and even if it goes in our favor... the next thing will be everyone crying they cant afford to feed thier new Form 1'd Machineguns...LOL
most cant afford ammo now.... or refuse to buy it, because its not at what they deem cheap enough.

Quoted:
Just got my eform 1 disapproved notice as i expected, so no new machinegun for me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:27:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
LOL, what do you fellas expect ? seriously... sue them all you want... they will find a way out, and then crush us
all different ways like they usually do when they rule on clarification  letters...
i dont know what you guys think your going to prove ? besides jamming up the Approval process for everyone else.
im happy with my ''Real'' Transferables, i dont have a problem ''paying'' up for my items. i dont have to shiver at the mailbox hoping

and even if it goes in our favor... the next thing will be everyone crying they cant afford to feed thier new Form 1'd Machineguns...LOL
most cant afford ammo now.... or refuse to buy it, because its not at what they deem cheap enough.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top