Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2014 7:42:13 AM EDT
if I got an FFL and an SOT and had my FFL address in a different location than my home I know it would help with some issues.

One question I do have though is would I have to make a list and log all my personally owned firearms or is logging just the firearms the business has purchased and storing them somewhere else enough?

If I were to sell some of my personally owned guns would it still be a private party transaction or would I have to do the forms etc?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not an SOT so take this with a grain of salt, but I believe the ATF allows for you to distinguish between your personally-owned firearms and items that belong to your business as inventory.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
if I got an FFL and an SOT and had my FFL address in a different location than my home I know it would help with some issues.

One question I do have though is would I have to make a list and log all my personally owned firearms or is logging just the firearms the business has purchased and storing them somewhere else enough?

If I were to sell some of my personally owned guns would it still be a private party transaction or would I have to do the forms etc?
View Quote

The bad news is you cannot get an FFL/SOT for these issues.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:40:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to ask what specific issues he was speaking of
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top