Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2014 10:04:28 AM EDT
Is there a proper way to officially transfer current Title I & II items into a newly acquired trust?
Did I miss a sticky on the subject or...?
Thanks for the guidance

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a plain old tax-paid Form 4 transfer from you to your trust.  $200 for each item except $5 for any existing AOWs.

ETA the non-NFA Title 1 stuff you can just give to your trust with no paperwork other than adding the items to your trust's property list.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Really? Brand new stamps at $200 a pop?
Fuck me running

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but look on the bright side. You don't have to wait until they're approved to use them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fuck me running

View Quote

Well yeah, you currently own the item, now you want your trust to own it, which is a different entity. So a tax paid transfer has to happen.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well yeah, you currently own the item, now you want your trust to own it, which is a different entity. So a tax paid transfer has to happen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck me running

Wonderful.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top