Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ill do that when I get off work today.

If there was an issue- would they not call/email me? Or return my paperwork?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well WTF??? I sent my first ever paper form1, on a trust, with $200 money order Dec 28.

I haven't called or anything. Just figured id try to forget sbout it, and it'd be a nice surprise when my stamp came in the mail.

Should I be concerned? Who should I contact, and what info should I have on hand when I call?

Until I saw this thread I just assumed it was a 9 month wait.

You need to call the NFA Branch in Martinsburg and provide the serial number of the item along with the trust name...  

Ill do that when I get off work today.

If there was an issue- would they not call/email me? Or return my paperwork?

If an examiner has an issue, yes, but yours appears to be misplaced...

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Got my Approval today!!!  Right at 4 months.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got my Approval today!!!  Right at 4 months.
View Quote

paper form 4 or 1?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Paper form 1
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got a paper form 1 in the mail today!  Check cashed on 6/10, stamp received 9/8.  So not as fast as some of the current e-file reports, but definitely faster than I had expected for reports on paper filing.  Note mine was a paper refiling of an e-file that was rejected due to wrong caliber after the system went down.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:42:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Paper form 1 received today. 117 days from pending to Approved .
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like I need to check on my trusts Form 1 Machinegun. I mailed it in mid May with a cover letter explaining how Trusts were not persons (per a recent ATF ruling) and therefore are not prohibited by 922o. I should receive a denial any time, lol.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like I need to check on my trusts Form 1 Machinegun. I mailed it in mid May with a cover letter explaining how Trusts were not persons (per a recent ATF ruling) and therefore are not prohibited by 922o. I should receive a denial any time, lol.
View Quote

You will be a god if it flies.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#9]
So I called Martinsburg today.

They don't have any record of my serial #.

I asked if my name/ssn/dob would help.

Nope.

how in the fuck can they not search by the individual??

Now I get to go home, double check my serial, check that my money order was cashed, and check ups tracking.from Dec 2013.

All because I tried to be hands - off and let the ATF surprise me with a stamp.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never understood the philosophy of not checking the pending status. Doesn't matter how many tax stamps I have, it will also be something to do.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, he just won't be able to possess it as an "individual" trustee of the Trust...

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

No, he just won't be able to possess it as an "individual" trustee of the Trust...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And this begs the question; how does an individual person working for a company comply with 922o?

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And this begs the question; how does an individual person working for a company comply with 922o?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By adhering to 922(o)(2)
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

By adhering to 922(o)(2)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By adhering to 922(o)(2)
More specifically how are the employees of an 07/02 in compliance with 922 (o) (2)?

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

More specifically how are the employees of an 07/02 in compliance with 922 (o) (2)?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By adhering to 922(o)(2)
It seems to be rather clear...

"any lawful transfer or lawful possession of a machinegun that was lawfully possessed before the date this subsection takes effect"
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By adhering to 922(o)(2)

"any lawful transfer or lawful possession of a machinegun that was lawfully possessed before the date this subsection takes effect"
07/02 manufacturers posess post 86 machineguns.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

By adhering to 922(o)(2)

If being repaired or transfered among government entities, there's no problem...

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If being repaired or transfered among government entities, there's no problem...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP
What about the ones they manufacture and never transfer, no .gov entity involved beyond paying the SOT tax?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top