Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2014 2:48:24 PM EDT
In case anyone is interested, $199trust has a deal going on Gearhog right now for a $69.

http://www.gearhog.com
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn I paid 99 last week.  Still need to get it notarized before I can try it out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this a reputable site? Haven't heard of anyone's experiences before.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is this a reputable site? Haven't heard of anyone's experiences before.
View Quote

Haven't used it personally but I have seen other people here that have used it without issue.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I used 199trust and got one for $69. I used it July and it worked just fine for my Form 1 approval. They can be contacted by phone and have picked up every time that I have called.

They do charge $10 for any amendments.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I used them when i created my trust back in February and paid $99. I had my local lawyer sign and notarize. I "tested" it out when I filed my form one when Eforms came back. Filed July 1st and received my stamp Aug 7th. No problems or issues and now have two cans in jail using the same trust. They work!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I used 199trust and got one for $69. I used it July and it worked just fine for my Form 1 approval. They can be contacted by phone and have picked up every time that I have called.

They do charge $10 for any amendments.
View Quote

Paralegals or lawyers? I have nothing wrong with these services, I despise the overpriced gun trust (because barring special circumstances, like a prohibited spouse for example, it should cost more then one stamp), just wary if its non lawyers telling people how to fill out the forms.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Paralegals or lawyers? I have nothing wrong with these services, I despise the overpriced gun trust (because barring special circumstances, like a prohibited spouse for example, it should cost more then one stamp), just wary if its non lawyers telling people how to fill out the forms.
View Quote

Document preparation service. They might have a lawyer draft the template but I have no clue. It worked for my stamp. It's about 15 pages long with the Schedule A / B and has an in depth NFA section. You should call them up and ask them whatever questions that you have. I believe the guy who runs it is named Eric and he was very helpful.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:09:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Guessing it is not a lawyer doing them for that price.  My garbage man will do a trust for you for $20.  

Before you buy call and ask if they have a lawyer licensed in your state (if they even have a number you can call).
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guessing it is not a lawyer doing them for that price.  My garbage man will do a trust for you for $20.  

Before you buy call and ask if they have a lawyer licensed in your state (if they even have a number you can call).
View Quote

Looks like you read the thread
My buddy paid the normal $99 for his and received approved eforms
I bought the $69 version last night

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just because the ATF approved a form doesn't mean its a legal trust. I think people think that the ATF approving a form means they declared the trust to be valid.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just because the ATF approved a form doesn't mean its a legal trust. I think people think that the ATF approving a form means they declared the trust to be valid.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually the NFA does have a legal branch for review of submitted trusts.  I used Do It Yourself Documents, had a local trust lawyer review it, and was told it was gtg...

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks been waiting for something like this.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:16:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  And their reviewers get it wrong.   I gave several clients who had several forms  approved before being told they had an invalid trust.

I have Also had LGS prepared trusts that didn't protect the people using the silencers . . I.e. The LGS counter monkey told the client that the
LGS trust allowed people to possess thud title II items when they couldn't.  

So you pay your money and make your choice.  If you get it right , . . . You save $175.00.   If you get it wrong . . . . I will be there to help . . . With either a restatement/amendment or, god forbid, criminal defense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I gave it a try.  I will say I sort of regret it.  Just casually reading over it I found a few errors, like forgetting the word "National" when referring to  the National Firearms Act, and using the word "and" when it should be "or" when discussing people prohibited from possessing NFA items.

Neither are huge mistakes, but it certainly does put the whole document into question.  Now I definitely have to pay a lawyer to look it over.  Which negates the savings of going this route.

Also I would be willing to bet that other people that have bought this document have the exact same errors that I found since it is probably a form fill document.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#15]
And yes I am speaking with the owner about issues.  Just giving people a heads up.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Exactly.  And their reviewers get it wrong.   I gave several clients who had several forms  approved before being told they had an invalid trust.

I have Also had LGS prepared trusts that didn't protect the people using the silencers . . I.e. The LGS counter monkey told the client that the
LGS trust allowed people to possess thud title II items when they couldn't.  

So you pay your money and make your choice.  If you get it right , . . . You save $175.00.   If you get it wrong . . . . I will be there to help . . . With either a restatement/amendment or, god forbid, criminal defense.
View Quote

This is exactly why I had an actual practicing attorney prepare mine.    Relying on the internet, or a bureaucrat to prepare or validate legal documents is asinine.  Those guys can't balance a checkbook, let alone anything more complicated.

Also, having a number to call when questions come up to get actual legal advice is priceless IMO.

Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#17]
BEWARE.

Call them and ask two simple questions.

1. Is this trust legal in my state:  He said he could not answer.

2. Was this trust prepared by a lawyer: He said he could not answer that question.

Search the website. Can you find any claim that this trust is 50 state legal or any state legal?

BEWARE.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, I started pushing him on the lawyer aspect and he shut down and quit talking to me.  I am going to continue trying to get a response but I am guessing he is done talking to me.

At this point I would suggest you go local
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#19]
After him not answering me for 2 days I asked for a refund, which he quickly granted and got this as a response to my questioning if there were any lawyers involved in the drafting of the forum document.

We stand behind our product 100% and have had nothing but success, but there are some questions we don't / cannot answer and you've picked one of them.

Eric Woodard
President
199 Document Preparation Services LLC
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:02:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like someone should report these jokers to the unauthorized practice of law committee.

Here is the Texas link:  http://www.txuplc.org/complaint/Home/Index
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sounds like someone should report these jokers to the unauthorized practice of law committee.

Here is the Texas link:  http://www.txuplc.org/complaint/Home/Index
View Quote

I dont think this would do much good considering they dont make any claims to be a legal service and specifically state they they are not a law firm and can give no legal advice, etc,etc.

I dont see how this is any different from all the boiler plate trusts being offered by class 3 retailers, and most of them charge well over $100 for such a service. they get around the law apparently by giving away the document preparation and charging $100-$200 for their notary fee.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I dont think this would do much good considering they dont make any claims to be a legal service and specifically state they they are not a law firm and can give no legal advice, etc,etc.

I dont see how this is any different from all the boiler plate trusts being offered by class 3 retailers, and most of them charge well over $100 for such a service. they get around the law apparently by giving away the document preparation and charging $100-$200 for their notary fee.
View Quote

Free is always worth what you paid for it.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#24]
cheaping out on a legal instrument designed to prevent inadvertently committing felonies and keep you out of PMITAFP?

yeah, seems like a good idea to me too
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top