Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 7:37:16 PM EDT
I know there is another thread but you guys here are the NFA experts. There is a way to get a 14inch Non NFA shotgun! And according to this thread

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_1/427526_Non_NFA_shotty_14_with_bird_head_grip_.html&page=1

It's totally legal please take a look and I really trust your opinions here on the NFA board.

Here's the company - http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=88

Here's the thread. Thanks!

Saw this from a dealer/gun shop and I really want a 14" so bad, but yes I'm terrified to buy something and find out it's not legal. I know shockwave technologies states it's legal as well from the factory......thought? I'm sure it's been discussed but you always get 20 different answers....

Ad:
Although this firearm is not restricted Federally, please check you local and state laws to ensure that this does not meet the definition of a Short-Barrel Shotgun where you live!

A 14" Mossberg 500 that's not considered a Short-Barreled Shotgun?

The Mossberg Cruiser (50588) that ships from Mossberg with a pistol-grip already installed and a 20" barrel is not considered a shotgun at all by ATF's definition. It is in fact just a "Firearm" because in order to fit the definition of a shotgun it must have stock to be "fired from the shoulder". Please note what I bolder below.

Since it is not a shotgun it is not required to have at least an 18" barrel, the only requirement for a firearm is that it must have a length of more than 26" otherwise it would be considered an AOW.

Each firearm will also come with copies of the ATF tech branch letters stating the ATF's opinion that these are indeed federally legal and do not require a tax stamp.

This Mossberg 500 was built on a 500 Cruiser PGO firearm. The total length is 26 1/2". We use a complete 14" front end from a Mossberg 590A1 and a birds head grip to achieve the 26 1/2" total length. These will come in the original Mossberg 500 Crusier box for those that want to be able to prove that it has never had a stock on it.

Overall Length: 26.5"

Barrel Length: 14"

Capacity: 5 + 1

Choke: Cylinder Bore

Chamber: 3"

Weight: 5.4 Lbs.

Do not install a shoulder stock or a shorter length pistol grip on this firearm! Doing so would be a violation of federal law!

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It's legal as long as a stock was never installed.

How much are they wanting for it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top