Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2014 12:10:43 PM EDT
Hi,

So a year later the stamp comes in and here it is.   Erb Sterling lookin' like brand new.

I'd like to hear from others that own them, or if there is a resource out there where sterlingers congregate.  

What ammo to avoid, things to check on it armorer-wise, etc.

Thanks fellas.

--Fargo007

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi,

So a year later the stamp comes in and here it is.   Erb Sterling lookin' like brand new.

I'd like to hear from others that own them, or if there is a resource out there where sterlingers congregate.  

What ammo to avoid, things to check on it armorer-wise, etc.

Thanks fellas.

--Fargo007

View Quote

1. Post pics
2. Shoot the piss out of it!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Try and find as many clean, unrefinished magazines you can get.  Also add a spare recoil spring assembly as an extra in your tool box.

Erb Stenlings were usually Mk 5 Stens that were rebuilt by various Class 2s as Sterlings.  Most are pretty reliable and good shooters.  Make sure your folding stock locks up tight when in the open position.  Some were made with the tube a little short so the end cap does not have enough tension on the open stock to keep it from collapsing downward.

Sterlings are trouble free guns.........they like hotter ammo than standard white box US 9mm.  Most functioning problems are due to light recoiling 9mm ammo.

If you gun was made with the later Mk 4 or mk 5 (L34A1) scope mount hard points, have a custom mount made for red dot sights.  I was lucky to fire an original Mk 5 that the Navy had back in the day with a Singlepoint sight and on semi auto with a short 10 round mag it fit under your coat and could pop steel targets at 50 yards with no problems and only sound was the bolt clack.

Enjoy your Sterling!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks fellas.   Exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to hear here.

My stock is tight as hell.  

--Fargo007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top