Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2014 2:12:26 PM EDT
How long does it take to get sot now? I have a FFL so far. I want to get my class 3 dealer license. Anything I need to know on the paperwork? I own 3 stamps already and know about that paperwork. I have the yellow form to fill out for sot. No sign off or anything besides doing finger prints again?

Also whats the silencer company name giving free silencer if you do sot right now?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#1]
As soon as the check clears you have an SOT.

Cancelled check use to be able to be used until you got your SOT.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How long does it take to get sot now? I have a FFL so far. I want to get my class 3 dealer license. Anything I need to know on the paperwork? I own 3 stamps already and know about that paperwork. I have the yellow form to fill out for sot. No sign off or anything besides doing finger prints again?
View Quote

Couple weeks max. Fill out yellow form, write check send it in. Simple.

F3s are so long now you can fill out paperwork immediately, you will be in DB by time it is acted on.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As soon as the check clears you have an SOT.

Cancelled check use to be able to be used until you got your SOT.

View Quote

Not sure who you would show a cancelled check to. Once your ID is in DB, your EIN is active and you are good to go. Nothing to show to anyone.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't have a copy of your SOT then you can't email it to anyone.

You can email a copy of your FFL and Cancelled check to the other Dealer.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You can email a copy of your FFL and Cancelled check to the other Dealer.

View Quote

But if you send them your EIN they can use it to file the F3, and if it's in the database the F3 will clear, whether you have or have not sent them, a copy of your current SOT.

Sending a SOT copy is not required like it is for the FFL - they just need to know the EIN to file.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:21:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No need to.

Quoted:
[span style='font-size: 8pt;']You can email a copy of your FFL and Cancelled check to the other Dealer.

Which does nothing, as what they need is your EIN, which you can write on your FFL.

Juts bought a bunch of NFA items a week ago, without a current 2015 SOT, which did not come in till Saturday, non-issue as they had my EIN.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I see what you're saying.  

Yea you're correct.  They don't actually need a copy of your SOT just the FFL.

When I started (pre-internet) I faxed a copy of my FFL and a copy of my cancelled check.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:36:02 AM EDT
[#8]
What all do I got to send in paperwork and ect wise for sot 03? I want to be sure I don't miss sending anything in. So far all I know is EIN number which I got. Yellow form 5630.7 and check for $500.00. Do you only send in one copy of 5630.7 form in? No finger print cards or anything else like your photo? I thought there was more to it but reading comments seems like this is all I need to send it in. I plan on sending it in today.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#9]
That's it.  It's just a tax payment on top of your FFL.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you not get interviewed again for sot? Just application for it and money?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#11]
It's not even an "application" - it's a tax return.  Only thing that gets reviewed is if your FFL is valid and matches your information, and then of course, that the check clears.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Just FYI a SOT is not a separate "license."  It is just your taxpayer status.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I knew that part from all the reading lately. I sent it off Thursday 6-24 and bank says it cleared on 6-29. Now just to wait. So how do you get a copy of the sot ffl version? You have to wait to renew it? I like to get copy of it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I knew that part from all the reading lately. I sent it off Thursday 6-24 and bank says it cleared on 6-29. Now just to wait. So how do you get a copy of the sot ffl version? You have to wait to renew it? I like to get copy of it.
View Quote

It's not a new version of your FFL. It's a separate piece of paper that really just says you've paid a tax. That's all it is-a receipt for a tax paid-and it even says so on the piece of paper you get. You're getting wrapped up around the axle about having a piece of paper that is pretty insignificant, in all actuality. You don't need that piece of paper for anything. So long as you have your FFL and you know your Federal EIN, you're good-to-go.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I understood about what they send you when you first start. I just was trying to figure out what I'm use to seeing all these years the sot version of the license. Do I not ever get one? Its odd as I know everyone says you don't need it just use to seeing it when doing transfers. I did not know if they stopped printing them and thought surely they still do. That is what I was trying to figure out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#16]
There is no SOT version of the license, never has been to my knowledge.  When you pay the tax, you will get a tax return.  Most dealers add it to their license like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9q09dyu958qjlh/FFL_SOT.pdf
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, most SOT's simply make a photocopy with the FFL on top and the SOT receipt on the bottom.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 1:39:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks Guys! Thats exactly what I was looking for. I did not know everyone copied them together on one paper. I just thought that is they way they came. The receipt part was throwing me off from what I kept reading and no paper. Now I know what to do with mine when I get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top