User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you link to where the NRA has done anything for silencers/NFA? Every time I've spoken and contacted the NRA about NFA issues they simply ignored me. Meanwhile, the ASA has at least been pushing "shall sign" legislation in multiple states. The NRA gives zero fucks about NFA as far I've seen.
View Quote

NRA got behind the recently passed HB60 in GA, which included legalizing hunting with suppressors, among other things. FYI
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#2]
My can (form 4) went pending April 1st 2014 ... I really hope they get this figured out ... Otherwise I guess I should've gone the paper route
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Can you link to where the NRA has done anything for silencers/NFA? Every time I've spoken and contacted the NRA about NFA issues they simply ignored me. Meanwhile, the ASA has at least been pushing "shall sign" legislation in multiple states. The NRA gives zero fucks about NFA as far I've seen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think now that NRA-ILA is committing lobbyists and dollars to legalizing suppressors and suppressed hunting in several states, that most legislators even on the federal level will bow to political pressure from us when push comes to shove.  I don't think anything spectacular is going to happen under this administration, obviously, but I don't think anything bad will happen by bringing this up at this point in the game.

NRA is the reason SBRs are now legal in Illinois, of all places. They do care about NFA.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think now that NRA-ILA is committing lobbyists and dollars to legalizing suppressors and suppressed hunting in several states, that most legislators even on the federal level will bow to political pressure from us when push comes to shove.  I don't think anything spectacular is going to happen under this administration, obviously, but I don't think anything bad will happen by bringing this up at this point in the game.

Michigan just got Silencers legalized last year, and SBR, SBS legalized this year.  Several people have mentioned that the NRA-ILA representative was present and made a persuasive argument for the SBR/SBS to the State Legislature.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#5]
WA just got their SBRs restored this year.  No help from the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]
NRA has also been helping a state organization in IA for their silencer bill as well.  That is a pretty good list we've got.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you sure? I'd check with your state organizations to see if they got support.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Are you sure? I'd check with your state organizations to see if they got support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure since they said they didn't want to get too much attention on the bill by having the NRA backing it.  At least that's how I understanded it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure since they said they didn't want to get too much attention on the bill by having the NRA backing it.  At least that's how I understanded it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So it wasn't because the NRA didn't want to help, but rather that WA refused the help.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Response today from ATF on e-file. Some good news.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QCUSuRfQygdm9JMDRFc3lHV05aTzBNVEVseEV3UkwzTHpv/preview?pli=1
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:26:26 AM EDT
[#11]
It's up right now. Can only use Form 6

Edit: I should've read the link above me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So it wasn't because the NRA didn't want to help, but rather that WA refused the help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure,  maybe a bit of both.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:15:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I severely doubt they helped every other state with NFA issues but ignored your state.  They're not going to go where they're not welcome.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:04:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There probably wasn't any publicized help but I'm sure there were consultations.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:52:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Eforms are back up and working as of this morning.

Edit: Never mind only form 6....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top