Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2014 12:17:10 PM EDT
I went in to pick up my can today and my dealer told me that e-file has been shut down indefinitely.  She said she had a call in to get an explanation, and doesn't know if or how it will affect those already in (I am on day 94 of my e-file for an sbr).  She said not to expect a call next week, as we originally thought it would take 100 days at the time I put it in. She said to call her in a few days.  She said she has a stack of e-files that she can't even input.

Anyone know what's going on?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
People are logging in just fine today.

I just logged in to check my two Forms, and it's actually working faster than usual. Like 5am reboot speed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
yup its down. I called up and heard it  from the nfa themselves. they don't know when it will be back up but they are working on it to keep up with the paper work. looks bad on them if they have a huge backlog. but if you can't wait do it by paper and follow the correct process. "don't forget to make doubles"
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Working now
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If by working, you mean being able to log in, then yes.  I'm not sure if you can do anything else.  Anybody?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If by working, you mean being able to log in, then yes.  I'm not sure if you can do anything else.  Anybody?
View Quote

If this is an ARFcom dare to Form 1 another lower, I'll do it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No balls!

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Back down.
I chekced out the status of my submitted form1s and was tempted to knock out another one but the server connection failed.
Booo
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I logged in and did a complete form 4 and paid. Went to hit submit and not it's down. WTF??
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
that's all a bit weird.  it's up then down then up again.  has anyone actually completely submitted one in the last 5 days?

EDIT: viper i didn't see yours until now.  it seems like it went though huh?  did you get email confirmation or anything?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

that's all a bit weird.  it's up then down then up again.  has anyone actually completely submitted one in the last 5 days?  

View Quote

EDIT: viper i didn't see yours until now.  it seems like it went though huh?  did you get email confirmation or anything?
I got the email about the payment going through, but nothing about it being submitted like the previous ones i did. I was really excited because i got through the whole process is one shot, like it was all working fine and couldn't believe it, then BAM, nada.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I got the email about the payment going through, but nothing about it being submitted like the previous ones i did. I was really excited because i got through the whole process is one shot, like it was all working fine and couldn't believe it, then BAM, nada.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usually my confirmation shows up like 14 hours later.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait we can efile form 4s? Are you a dealer viper?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only FFL/SOTs registered with the system were able to.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yes I am an sot

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:16:49 AM EDT
[#15]
My dealer said he was told by the NFA Branch office, it is down to correct the issue with batch submissions. It is down until they can prevent batch submissions.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:37:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I went in to pick up my can today and my dealer told me that e-file has been shut down indefinitely.  She said she had a call in to get an explanation, and doesn't know if or how it will affect those already in (I am on day 94 of my e-file for an sbr).  She said not to expect a call next week, as we originally thought it would take 100 days at the time I put it in. She said to call her in a few days.  She said she has a stack of e-files that she can't even input.

View Quote

Efile has been down since 4/4.  No official word if and when it will come back up.  If you are at day 94 you have a while to go.  Several of us are over 140 days and still waiting now.  I have not seen a verified approval since 4/4.  If you are wanting to file something else your best bet at this time would be to file by mail.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Just filed something by mail. Called to check status of a serial, and asked about waiting to efile, she said it's down for maintenance and that's all.  Formed 1 a lower by mail this AM, that's no biggie. What sucks is what I got coming on a form 3
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Efile has been down since 4/4.  No official word if and when it will come back up.  If you are at day 94 you have a while to go.  Several of us are over 140 days and still waiting now.  I have not seen a verified approval since 4/4.  If you are wanting to file something else your best bet at this time would be to file by mail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  I'm at 147 and 152 days right now with two electronic form 4s.  Still quicker than paper though.  I'm at 198 days for 3 paper filed form 4s and i don't expect to see those for at least another 170 days.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got off the phone with Damon and he said up to 6 months before the efile system is back up.  By 6 months I will say that means 18 months
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Just got off the phone with Damon and he said up to 6 months before the efile system is back up.  By 6 months I will say that means 18 months
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pulled that number out,of his ass?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#21]
[b]Quoted:[/b

View Quote

I think it could go either way. When I talked to examiner Whittington he didnt have a time, he just said foreseeable future until they fixed issues. I would say the Damon guy who always answers the phone gets tired of answering and 6 months is a good general answer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think it could go either way. When I talked to examiner Whittington he didnt have a time, he just said foreseeable future until they fixed issues. I would say the Damon guy who always answers the phone gets tired of answering and 6 months is a good general answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Last time this shit when down it was three weeks.. and people had already been duped into paper forms
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Last time this shit when down it was three weeks.. and people had already been duped into paper forms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only people who I would take at full value would be the updates from Silencer Shop since they'll be in touch with the ATF quiet a bit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The only people who I would take at full value would be the updates from Silencer Shop since they'll be in touch with the ATF quiet a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And silencer shop has told me that approved efiled forms had been rolling in on two different occasions when everyone on here was saying that they were not being processed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Hopefully they'll finish up the efiles and get my paper forms done.  Glad I got my efiles done before the break down.   Just saying, hopefully it will speed up paper files
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My dealer said he was told by the NFA Branch office, it is down to correct the issue with batch submissions. It is down until they can prevent batch submissions.
View Quote

My guy heard this as well
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#27]
crossing my fingers it will be back up, dont feel like waiting a year for paper forms!
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#28]
ya still holding onto 4 total paper form 4's waiting one more week then they are going in the mail... what sucks is I could have gotten this done last month before the shutdown but I was out of town for almost 3 weeks
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And silencer shop has told me that approved efiled forms had been rolling in on two different occasions when everyone on here was saying that they were not being processed.
View Quote

Any forms that have been submitted and were in pending status when eForms was pulled offline will be processed.  Those that were in Draft status or have to be kicked back for corrections will have to be filed on paper.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I would like to hear it from the horses mouth (silencer shop) that they have received eform approvals after the shutdown...  This he said, she said bares no weight.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Call them then. I'll call them on Monday.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#33]
I called Silencer Shop on Friday and asked if they were getting eform approvals and was told that they were getting 20+ eforms a day and was refered to the NFA wait time tracker for dates of approved eforms.

Then today Silencer Shop change the NFA wIt times for all electronic submitted forms to N/A. That means they lied to me and were not getting approvals as far as I can tell. I will call Monday and ask WTF? I hate being lied too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I called Silencer Shop on a Friday and asked if they were getting eform approvals and was told that they were getting 20+ eforms a day and was refered to the NFA wait time tracker for dates of approved eforms.

Then today Silencer Shop change the NFA wIt times for all electronic submitted forms to N/A. That means they lied to me and were not getting approvals as far as I can tell. I will call Monday and ask WTF? I hate being lied too.
View Quote
Friday as in yesterday or as in last week?  I think the eforms were officially shut down last Friday, so they may have been going off of what they previously have been seeing.  The fact that no one has chimed in here or anywhere else with a post shutdown approval raises quite a few red flags...  The NFA community is small and not everyone frequents this forum or the NFA tracker, but people talk and I think we would've heard something by now if there were approvals out there.

I'm going to patiently continue to wait for my 11/26 and 1/17 until I see some change or feel the need to pull out and submit via paper.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:25:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Friday as in yesterday or as in last week?  I think the eforms were officially shut down last Friday, so they may have been going off of what they previously have been seeing.  The fact that no one has chimed in here or anywhere else with a post shutdown approval raises quite a few red flags...  The NFA community is small and not everyone frequents this forum or the NFA tracker, but people talk and I think we would've heard something by now if there were approvals out there.  

I'm going to patiently continue to wait for my 11/26 and 1/17 until I see some change or feel the need to pull out and submit via paper.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I called Silencer Shop on a Friday and asked if they were getting eform approvals and was told that they were getting 20+ eforms a day and was refered to the NFA wait time tracker for dates of approved eforms.

Friday as in yesterday. There have been several reporting paper approvals so I would think that eforms approvals would also be reported here and NFA tracker.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Just got off the phone with NFA.  We have 4 approved form 3s via Eform and now they can't tell us how to proceed.....
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with NFA.  We have 4 approved form 3s via Eform and now they can't tell us how to proceed.....
View Quote

What do you mean?  You can't get the approved forms in your hands or what?  If you can get the approved Form 3's then I would just submit paper Form 4's and be done with it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#38]
All of the misinformation is driving me nuts. I call and was told "absolutely nothing" is being worked on on eforms. No answers to give but to wait for an official word.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What do you mean?  You can't get the approved forms in your hands or what?  If you can get the approved Form 3's then I would just submit paper Form 4's and be done with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, can't get the form 3s in hand so I can transfer the cans out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that is just stupid.  Just when I thought the ATF couldn't be any more incompetent they prove me wrong yet again.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Now that is just stupid.  Just when I thought the ATF couldn't be any more incompetent they prove me wrong yet again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This post nails it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This post nails it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This post nails it.

sounds like gun control via technical difficulties. Self inflicted difficulties.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
All of the misinformation is driving me nuts. I call and was told "absolutely nothing" is being worked on on eforms. No answers to give but to wait for an official word.
View Quote

This is what I was told last week when I called.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Everyone needs to be calling their congress-person's office.

I've had success in the past dealing with the local one, ask for constituent affairs officer.

Be prepared to explain the process, most are clueless when it comes to NFA.

ATF is already on the hot seat as an agency, time to stoke the fire.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Everyone needs to be calling their congress-person's office.

I've had success in the past dealing with the local one, ask for constituent affairs officer.

Be prepared to explain the process, most are clueless when it comes to NFA.

ATF is already on the hot seat as an agency, time to stoke the fire.

View Quote

I'd love to rip the ATF a new one about this but the pessimist in me is wary of exposing the process to politicians that may piss their pants at the idea of joe citizen owning a suppressor.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I think now that NRA-ILA is committing lobbyists and dollars to legalizing suppressors and suppressed hunting in several states, that most legislators even on the federal level will bow to political pressure from us when push comes to shove.  I don't think anything spectacular is going to happen under this administration, obviously, but I don't think anything bad will happen by bringing this up at this point in the game.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I think now that NRA-ILA is committing lobbyists and dollars to legalizing suppressors and suppressed hunting in several states, that most legislators even on the federal level will bow to political pressure from us when push comes to shove.  I don't think anything spectacular is going to happen under this administration, obviously, but I don't think anything bad will happen by bringing this up at this point in the game.
View Quote

Can you link to where the NRA has done anything for silencers/NFA? Every time I've spoken and contacted the NRA about NFA issues they simply ignored me. Meanwhile, the ASA has at least been pushing "shall sign" legislation in multiple states. The NRA gives zero fucks about NFA as far I've seen.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd love to rip the ATF a new one about this but the pessimist in me is wary of exposing the process to politicians that may piss their pants at the idea of joe citizen owning a suppressor.
View Quote

You may be in good company in Texas...especially how suppressor were made legal to hunt game with recently.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Can you link to where the NRA has done anything for silencers/NFA? Every time I've spoken and contacted the NRA about NFA issues they simply ignored me. Meanwhile, the ASA has at least been pushing "shall sign" legislation in multiple states. The NRA gives zero fucks about NFA as far I've seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's changed quite a bit in the last few years. In fact, that's one of the new things the Brady Bunch is going after the NRA on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I know Trevor Santos was in Montgomery with Knox Williams looking for a place to slip in shall sign on a carry bill last month. I also know that one of the NRA board members works with the ASA pushing such laws. Yes the NRA helps out in this regard, just may not be on their magazine cover.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top