Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is exactly what I was thinking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shorter the wait time, the more applications that will be submitted.  This equals more $ for the ATF.  

I submitted 2 Form 1s when I believed the wait time would be 4 months, and both came back in less than 40 days.  Now guys are getting a 12 day turnaround.  This will prompt metric shit-tons of new applicants to finally take the NFA plunge, which is a good thing.  Shit, I'm thinking about sending a few more and had every intention of stopping at only 2 SBRs.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

And remember what happened when someone said OMG 3 MONTH WAIT?!?!  ...eform crash

omg 2 week wait time?!  epic collapse of the internet
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
not to worry the form 1's are a drop in a ocean of water compared to form 3 and 4.

Worse thing that will happen is they will pull some of the staff off efile and move them to paper now that they are caught up
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think the NFA tax revenue goes back to the ATF. There may be an indirect benefit, but it doesn't go into their operating budget, just right into the treasury.  

I think the ATF is more concerned about dropping average wait times and avoiding Congressional inquires.

Either way, I'm not complaining. A huge uptick in NFA applications and the decreased wait times benefit us all.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
not to worry the form 1's are a drop in a ocean of water compared to form 3 and 4.

Worse thing that will happen is they will pull some of the staff off efile and move them to paper now that they are caught up
View Quote

still waiting on my form 3 from 07/12
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Somebody is working at the ATF today

Submitted 8/13
Approved 9/1
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:16:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Somebody is working at the ATF today

Submitted 8/13
Approved 9/1
View Quote

Holiday pay.

Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Holy carp!  I thought my 19 days was roaring fast.

EDIT: Ugh.  I just searched my bank records and my paper F4 check was deposited 8/2.  I could have sworn I sent it in at least 1-2 month prior to that, but I honestly don't remember at all.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Waiting on a Form 3 from July of 2012?  There is definitely something not right there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Waiting on a Form 3 from July of 2012?  There is definitely something not right there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Filed: 8/11/14
Stamp Received: 9/2/14
Examiner: Frushor

Unfortunately I just dropped off my MP5 at the engraver so I don't have anything to show at this point. But I'll take 21 days. My queue is now empty ... time to think of the next thing to SBR.

EDIT: Back from the engraver. (sorry about the iPotato photo)

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Still waiting on three eForm 4's from 4/2...
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Well I thought I was waiting on a 4/1 F4 eFile. Just called the experts and they informed me it was submitted on 5/7 and I should expect a 9-month wait.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well I thought I was waiting on a 4/1 F4 eFile. Just called the experts and they informed me it was submitted on 5/7 and I should expect a 9-month wait.
View Quote

wont take that long.   I would think you will get it fairly soon.  They always give that response.  My paper form 4 took 5 months.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ouch, that certainly sucks.

SOT submit a efile draft or did he paper file it?  Sounds like paper...

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Our dealer told myself and Highlande2 that ours were eFiled on 4/1; certainly seems like mine was paper-filed on 5/7, so we'll see. Highlande2 is calling tonight after work to see what they tell him.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Yay.  Pending research changed to submitted/in process.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Just submitted another...
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Seems like things have slowed a tad, I have an 8/14 I was hoping to see this morning.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#19]
does using 5.56 instead of 556 get your form rejected ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

does using 5.56 instead of 556 get your form rejected ?
View Quote

No.  I used 5.56 on mine. You do have to make sure you get the unit of measure correct though. I used "mm".
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#21]
just submitted my first form 1
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Unfortunately I just dropped off my MP5 at the engraver so I don't have anything to show at this point. But I'll take 21 days. My queue is now empty ... time to think of the next thing to SBR.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/43F34427-CAA8-490A-918A-CE0D602DDBFE_zpsx4qohwfu.jpg

View Quote

I just bought a Reverse Stretch MP5K receiver from DJ Getz from the buy he was running on HKpro.com.... I'm gonna SBR that bitch.

That gun looks sexy as hell man.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I just bought a Reverse Stretch MP5K receiver from DJ Getz from the buy he was running on HKpro.com.... I'm gonna SBR that bitch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/43F34427-CAA8-490A-918A-CE0D602DDBFE_zpsx4qohwfu.jpg

make sure you post some pics when its done, i think a RS is the mp5 im going to go with..
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Design work complete.  Titanium ordered.  Now it's just the waiting.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Efiled- 8/14/14
Approved- 9/4/1

Back in 21 days! Can't beat that! Now to file another for a SBS!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Efiled- 8/14/14
Approved- 9/4/1

Back in 21 days! Can't beat that! Now to file another for a SBS!
View Quote

I filed on 8/12 and got mine back last week on the 29th --- 17 days beats 21 ... my form 3 from 7/12 got approved this week too, now the long wait for the form 4 starts

Still waiting on an 8/30 though.... c'mon ATF, 5 days is 5 days too long!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Based on the most recent #'s:

My 8/19 should be approved between: now - next Friday.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Based on the most recent #'s:

My 8/19 should be approved between: now - next Friday.
View Quote

My 8/20 should be +1 from yours. :)

Damn I think I will need to do my Road Warrior SBS project next.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#29]

So this is something you're gonna manufacture yourself?

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So this is something you're gonna manufacture yourself?

View All Quotes

I was wondering the same thing. That's pretty impressive if so!

ETA: I want a lathe
ETA2: And a mill
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks like a serviceable AAC can

I've got a mill, a lathe and a welder, but I haven't built a Form 1 can yet.  I neeeed to while Eform 1's are running so short...
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've got a mill, a lathe and a welder, but I haven't built a Form 1 can yet.  I neeeed to while Eform 1's are running so short...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I built a form 1 can for my first can with just a welder and drill, etc. for 22lr. not the prettiest, but it works good. I'd recommend it. it was a fun little project.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes I am.  I'm also going to make 5 or 10 of the muzzle brakes, sized for 5.56, 6.5, and 7.62 and threaded 1/2-28 and 5/8-24, so I can put one on errrrything.  If you want to see the build progress I will be detailing it here when the form is approved.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the idea (although I've never seen an AAC ratchet in person so I'm pretty much just taking the concept and designing around my preferred manufacturing methods).

I'm also on board with your second comment - the tabling of changing how ATF/NFA treats trust until 2015 combined with the low wait times finally pushed me over into making the time to get some cans done.  

This 7.62 can will be my proof of concept/learning project, and then I plan to do .22, 9mm, .45, .338, and possibly an additional reflex 7.62.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Here's a new twist...

I have a Form 1 (SBR lower) that is in the APPROVED tree on eForms but when I go to view and download the PDF, it is missing the examiner signature, it does not have a stamp and it has a large watermark that reads "SUBMITTED" on it.

I have seen this happen on Form 1s where there is a "DRAFT" watermark, but never an instance such as this. I sent a message to "Ask the experts" about 1.5 days ago and included my Permit # and the Serial # of the item in question but have not heard back from them. Every other time I have reached out to the "Ask the experts" personnel, they have responded within 2-3 hours.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Here's a new twist...

I have a Form 1 (SBR lower) that is in the APPROVED tree on eForms but when I go to view and download the PDF, it is missing the examiner signature, it does not have a stamp and it has a large watermark that reads "SUBMITTED" on it.

I have seen this happen on Form 1s where there is a "DRAFT" watermark, but never an instance such as this. I sent a message to "Ask the experts" about 1.5 days ago and included my Permit # and the Serial # of the item in question but have not heard back from them. Every other time I have reached out to the "Ask the experts" personnel, they have responded within 2-3 hours.

Any thoughts or ideas?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z5mBVVAScWk/VAnRs92yerI/AAAAAAABHxw/aZg6lDVEkbc/w948-h213-no/CM_SBR_Approval.PNG
View Quote

Does the attachment that came with the approval email look the same?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Here's a new twist...
View Quote

Any thoughts or ideas?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z5mBVVAScWk/VAnRs92yerI/AAAAAAABHxw/aZg6lDVEkbc/w948-h213-no/CM_SBR_Approval.PNG
Try emailing the information to [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I built a form 1 can for my first can with just a welder and drill, etc. for 22lr. not the prettiest, but it works good. I'd recommend it. it was a fun little project.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a build thread or pictures or anything?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Here's a new twist...

Any thoughts or ideas?

View Quote

I had the same exact thing happen to me last week. I submitted it to "Ask the Experts", and it was corrected in about three hours , along with an apology email.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I had the same exact thing happen to me last week. I submitted it to "Ask the Experts", and it was corrected in about three hours , along with an apology email.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a new twist...

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks for the feedback.  I hope it get approved soon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#41]
8/14 Form 1 SBS, approved 9/7, 8:30 Sunday morning
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:29:00 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm pretty sure I may have set the record, but possibly not. Submitted/pending: 8/30, approved: 9/07! That's ridiculously fast!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure I may have set the record, but possibly not. Submitted/pending: 8/30, approved: 9/07! That's ridiculously fast!!
View Quote
Almost reasonable

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Almost reasonable  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Almost reasonable  

Immediately would still be an unacceptable infringement of our rights, but I'll settle for same day. Till then, I'll keep poking pins in my Eric holder voodoo doll and hoping they keep the times this short till my sbs is done, now all I need to do is find a good 870 at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got a build thread or written plan?

I've been thinking about that, but couldnt decide on a design.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Just submitted my first eForm of 2014. Is it still fine if you don't have "Trustee" behind your name in the digital signature?

I forgot to go in and add that. My last several eForms went through just fine without it, but as said, I don't think I've filed any eForms since November or so now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that excites me, as I efiled 8/30 as well.   Can't get to excited, however, since I just got snipped Friday.  I'd trade one loaded gun for a another in this case...
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just submitted my first eForm of 2014. Is it still fine if you don't have "Trustee" behind your name in the digital signature?

I forgot to go in and add that. My last several eForms went through just fine without it, but as said, I don't think I've filed any eForms since November or so now.
View Quote

Just checked my approved form 1 and I didn't put trustee either.  I think you'll be alright.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#49]
here is to a day of approvals!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#50]
I have the same issue. Submitted 8/15. I got an email saying "in process/submitted" on that date. Today I got an email that says I have a change of status to "in process/submitted." I thought, WTF? Checked the site and the form is listed as approved as of today's date. The form itself still has a water mark that states "submitted" and does not say approved or is signed .I had two stamps approved in May and I received the stamps in an email notification. Not this time.

I guess I will send them an email.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's a new twist...

Any thoughts or ideas?

Page / 191
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top