Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 191
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Was now told my only option is to submit a new form 1 and start over. SOB.

Shitty part is I know I filled in my trust name but guess it got messed up while trying to submit. So basically I spent 5 days fighting to get it to submit just so it could fuck me
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Did your trust name appear in the submitted/ in process version of the form when it was viewable on the eforms website?

Try this
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
SBR form 1 submitted 3/14 approved 7/29
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did your trust name appear in the submitted/ in process version of the form when it was viewable on the eforms website?

Try this
View Quote
Well, that would have been useful when I did mine ...

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Try this
View Quote

Awesome man, thank you!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Well crap, I just logged in to Eforms and saw my 3-6 Form 1 was approved 7-27. Never got an email....sweet!!!!!     Now I got to get an upper and this is my 7 8th and final stamp.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#7]
eForm 1
Submitted 3/21/2014
Approved 7/29/2014

Examiner was James M. Lish??? or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Form 1
Submitted: 03/17/14
Approved: 07/29/14

Form 1
Submitted: 03/21/14
Approved: 03/21/14

Now I wait on 2 more submitted 06/30/14
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#9]
So once I have an approved form 1, do I have to add it to the trust if i do another? If so, do I just update the schedule A or does it have to be motorized again?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:33:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So once I have an approved form 1, do I have to add it to the trust if i do another? If so, do I just update the schedule A or does it have to be motorized again?
View Quote

It is my understanding that you just add it to the Schedule A, you don't need to notarize it and that you don't need to include the Schedule A for future purchases.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm guessing at least some of the slow down is due to summer vacations within the NFA branch.

Hang in there, approvals are right around the corner.  

Good luck
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:12:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is my understanding that you just add it to the Schedule A, you don't need to notarize it and that you don't need to include the Schedule A for future purchases.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally. I'd like to see something he got motorized.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#13]
A notary is just verifying your identity. It doesn't verify owned property. You could list an Airbus 380 on your schedule A, and they'd have no way of verifying that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#14]
eForm 1

Submitted: 3/19

Approved: 7/30

Examiner: Sandra Snook

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!! I'm so amped!

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
eForm 1Submitted: 3/19

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!! I'm so amped!

View Quote

Congrats!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Form 1
Submitted: 3/19

I also have a 3/18 form 1 in the system and didn't get an email on that one.  Since it's Wed, I can't login to check either.

Edit.  Just got an email on the other one.

Form 1
Submitted: 3/18
Examiner: Jason Bowers
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Come on 7/4!!!!

Good luck everyone!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#18]
eForm 1
Submitted 3/25/14
Approved 7/30/14

So based on my eForm 1 submitted 3/21/14, that was approved on 7/29/14, they are processing 4 days of eForms each day.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]
E-form 1
Submitted: 3-19
Approved: 7-30

ETA: Approved by Sandra Snook
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Eform Form 1
Submitted 3/19
Approved 7/30

Cant log in to Eforms to see the signature, 1st stamp on my bday
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Eform Form 1
Submitted 3/19
Approved 7/30

View Quote

Congrats!!  Give it another hour and you'll be good to go.

Or, just look at the emailed copy. If your on a mobile device (my iPhone has this problem), and the attachment isn't showing up, just open up web browser and check your webmail. Attachment should be there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:26:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Or, just look at the emailed copy. If your on a mobile device (my iPhone has this problem), and the attachment isn't showing up, just open up web browser and check your webmail. Attachment should be there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eform Form 1
Submitted 3/19
Approved 7/30

Ahhh, you are correct my Iphone didn't recognize it.  Looks like Snook was the examiner but application has the draft watermark on it.  Sent a email to ask the experts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lmao!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Dammit, let's get them Form 4s rolling again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Disapproved today.

Form 1 SBR

Submitted 3/19.

Serial number must contain a numeric character (I have a custom serial number lower)

Damn. I did not know about that one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Serial number must contain a numeric character (I have a custom serial number lower). Damn. I did not know about that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Serial number must contain a numeric character (I have a custom serial number lower). Damn. I did not know about that one.

Hate to hear that. Assuming they didn't give you additional details, here you go:

Section 7.4 The identification of firearms.

7.4.1 Serial numbers. Each manufacturer of a firearm must legibly identify it by engraving, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing on the firearm’s frame or receiver an individual serial number not duplicating any serial number placed by the manufacturer on any other firearm.120

The requirement that the marking be “conspicuously” placed on the firearm means that the marking must be wholly unobstructed from plain view.

For firearms manufactured on or after January 30, 2002, the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch.

7.4.1.1 What is an acceptable serial number?

Alpha characters (letters), for example a name, are not acceptable as a serial number. A proper serial number may contain such characters or letters, but it must have at least one numeric character (number).

ATF takes the view that marking “legibly” means using exclusively Roman letters (A, B, C, and so forth) and Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3, and so forth).121

Deviations from this requirement have been found to seriously impair ATF’s ability to trace firearms involved in crime.

The section above is regarding licensed manufacturers. Here's the section on making one as a non-licensee:

All NFA firearms must be identified by a serial number and other specified markings95. If an existing firearm is being used in the making of the NFA weapon, and that firearm is serialized, the existing serial number should be used (unless it duplicates a serial number already used by the maker on Form 1) and entered in Block 4(g). If the weapon is of new manufacture, the applicant must assign a unique serial number and enter it in Block 4(g). For example, a unique serial number could be composed of at least 4 digits preceded by the initials of the maker. NOTE: alpha characters, e.g., a name, will not be accepted as a serial number. If a name is to be used, there must be at least one numeric character in addition to the alpha characters.

Wasn't sure if you were able to request a SN on yours, or if you made it out of an 80% lower.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hate to hear that. Assuming they didn't give you additional details, here you go:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I found the details fast enough after the fact.

Thanks though.  Live and learn. Worse things have happened.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oh I found the details fast enough after the fact.

Thanks though.  Live and learn. Worse things have happened.
View Quote

Yep. Wonder if the old "email Clutter" method would work for getting a new one approved? Would be worth a shot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#29]
I asked the experts If I could resubmit with an identical lower other than serial, or possibly get a marking variance.

It is a Hail Mary, but I've got nothing to lose at this point, (nor do I have anything "too loose" for the spelling challenged).
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Disapproved today.

Form 1 SBR

Submitted 3/19.

Serial number must contain a numeric character (I have a custom serial number lower)

View Quote

Your serial number can only have numbers now? I have an approved efile from earlier this year for a spikes lower with the word "THUG" in the serial number
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:13:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Your serial number can only have numbers now? I have an approved efile from earlier this year for a spikes lower with the word "THUG" in the serial number
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disapproved today.

Form 1 SBR

Submitted 3/19.

Must contain a numerical character.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disapproved today.

Form 1 SBR

Submitted 3/19.

Gotcha, you should try emailing Ted Clutter I had a problem and he took care of it for me
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Trust SBR form 1 approved 7/30

Went pending 3/18

Looks like JA Bauer. (Can't make out the sig)
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:09:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Got my Form 1 back. Just found out today that it was approved on the 27th.
Didn't get an e-mail from the BATFE about it being approved. Kinda ticked me off. And yes, I checked my spam folder.
But since you can view and save the form from withing the site, I have a copy.

Now to find a rail and a can for it...  Colt 6450 9MM will get the 7.5" tri-lug barrel installed when I decide on a can/rail combo.....

ETA; Nicole Dudash approved my Form 1. I now have stamps from Dana Pickles (2 SBRs, 1 can), Albert Lamberger (2 SBR, 2 Cans), and Nicole Dudash (1 SBR).
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:32:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Any progress is good progress. Good luck guys.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#36]
F1 from 3/20 approved this morning, 7/31.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#37]
SBR Form 1
Submitted: 03/28/14
Approved: 07/31/14

Finally! Checked my email this morning and found an approval email sent at 8:09am.

So let me ask you guys something. This is my first approved tax stamp. I am still waiting on some paper form4's. I realize that with the eform you don't receive a physical stamp. So should I just make some copies of the attachment with the electronic stamp from the approval email and put one in the safe and keep one with the rifle when I take it out to shoot? Do you get any of them laminated? Looking for suggestions.
Thanks,
Mav
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

SBR Form 1

Submitted: 03/28/14

Approved: 07/31/14

Finally! Checked my email this morning and found an approval email sent at 8:09am.

So let me ask you guys something. This is my first approved tax stamp. I am still waiting on some paper form4's. I realize that with the eform you don't receive a physical stamp. So should I just make some copies of the attachment with the electronic stamp from the approval email and put one in the safe and keep one with the rifle when I take it out to shoot? Do you get any of them laminated? Looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Mav
View Quote
I made color copies.  One goes into safe deposit box, one inside pistol grip (SBR), 50% reduced copy, laminated, in range bag.  YMMV...

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Form 1
Submitted 5/29 via eforms (I had it saved as draft from before eForms went down)
Approved 7/31
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Well I eformed mine back in March only to get disapproved yesterday and have to resubmit and wait another 4 months bc of an address issue... Thanks ATF!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Well I eformed mine back in March only to get disapproved yesterday and have to resubmit and wait another 4 months bc of an address issue... Thanks ATF!
View Quote

What was your address issue?  Help us learn...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stupidly failed to put my street address under the name of my trust on the application. City state and county was there.... Not the street number...

So I have to wait 10 business days for a refund. Then resubmit
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Send your control number for the old and the new submissions to the "Ask The Experts" email and politely explain the problem.  It's worked twice for me now. There's a good chance it will work for you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Send your control number for the old and the new submissions to the "Ask The Experts" email and politely explain the problem.  It's worked twice for me now. There's a good chance it will work for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll give it a shot once I resubmit. Thank you
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:39:21 PM EDT
[#45]
3/20 form 1 SBS and 7/5 form 1 SBR approved 7/31.  Now I just need my 4/1 form 4 approved
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Eight NFA items (3 are still in process) in the past nine months. This thread is the heroine dealer of the firearm world.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I agree, I have need to submit something else just to be waiting on something.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone here experience the following problem?  So I received my Form 1 approval on 7/30 but it still had the draft watermark on it.  I sent an email to ask the experts and it was corrected today, I can view the form on both my email attachment as well as online when I log in.  The problem is when I attempt to print the approved form 1 I get blank pages, even when I go to the print preview screen it shows up as blank pages.  Now I'm no computer guru but I've tried from both my work and home computer with the same results, four blank pages print off?  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone here experience the following problem?  So I received my Form 1 approval on 7/30 but it still had the draft watermark on it.  I sent an email to ask the experts and it was corrected today, I can view the form on both my email attachment as well as online when I log in.  The problem is when I attempt to print the approved form 1 I get blank pages, even when I go to the print preview screen it shows up as blank pages.  Now I'm no computer guru but I've tried from both my work and home computer with the same results, four blank pages print off?  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks
View Quote

If you are sure it's not user error (no insult intended), it could be that the old draft watermark overlay is messed up. If you have Adobe Acrobat or another PDF editor, you may be able to correct it.

IM me if you want me to take a look.  Or just email them back...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If you are sure it's not user error (no insult intended), it could be that the old draft watermark overlay is messed up. If you have Adobe Acrobat or another PDF editor, you may be able to correct it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After some random button pushing trying several different things it looks like the PDF was repaired via my automatic correct on my computer.  Must have been a issue with the watermark as you mentioned.  Thanks
Page / 191
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top