Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 191
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 12:18:54 AM EDT
[#1]
My eform was approved today also. Submitted 8/16.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hope your ready!

I've haven't even ordered several parts for my builds. I thought I'd have at least a few more months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy crap!  I filed on 9/23!

Hope your ready!

I've haven't even ordered several parts for my builds. I thought I'd have at least a few more months.

Not even close, I thought I would have more time than 3-4 months!  Not going to complain though

Here's hoping that the eFiled Form 4's will come at the same rate as the Form 1's
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfuckin real.

I did an E-form 1 in September.

Too bad I just mailed a form 4 yesterday.  FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 12:58:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone seen a 3 month turn around on any other kind of tax stamp?

Like a form 4 for example?

If so, then I just became a big fan of the trust route.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 1:03:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not even close, I thought I would have more time than 3-4 months!  Not going to complain though

Here's hoping that the eFiled Form 4's will come at the same rate as the Form 1's
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope your ready!

Post up when you get yours.  I filed one on 9-26 and two others in mid-October.  Mine are all form 4s.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome, but I too want the real stamp if I'm paying them $200.  This would be absolutely perfect news if this was an email notification with a PDF copy of your paperwork with a formal, physical copy with real stamp forthcoming.  Apparently that's not the case...
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
This is most exciting. I did a Form 1 via eForms on August 29.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 1:31:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Awesome, but I too want the real stamp if I'm paying them $200.  This would be absolutely perfect news if this was an email notification with a PDF copy of your paperwork with a formal, physical copy with real stamp forthcoming.  Apparently that's not the case...
View Quote

If you eFile you will ONLY get a PDF version of the paperwork.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 2:05:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which sucks unfortunately
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 2:10:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ehh, you can print it out on a color printer and it'll be the same... or you can just keep a copy on your phone
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Haha its not the same at all, except for its ultimate effect, which i suppose is the whole point.  Still don't understand why they can't just send everyone a physical copy, as well as electronic.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 2:16:29 AM EDT
[#12]
dupe
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 3:21:39 AM EDT
[#13]
They can write me a note in crayon on a sandwich bag for all I care, as long as I can put a stock on my AR pistol legally

I efiled 10/28
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 3:40:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP:

Can you confirm that Dana Pickles is the examiner assigned to your area in the US?

My E-Forms were assigned to my examiner who handles the regular paper forms for the NorthEast US. I'm curious to see if they assign the usual examiner, but Dana Pickles handles the E-forms anyways.

View Quote

Dana Pickles is the examiner for VA and a few others. Perhaps they've changed that arrangement.

Which would suck for the 3 paper forms I have in, but would be awesome for the E-formed ones I have out now.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Sad that ATF is basically about to dismantle eforms for everyone but licensees and send us back to the dark ages.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
As an individual/paper filer I want to complain, but considering the BS you trust guys are going through right now, this is the least they can do.

Congrats you sons of bitches!  
View Quote

+1. I just submitted 3 Form 4's as an individual after going back and forth on whether or not to form a trust. As the local CLEO was happy to sign and with trusts drawing attention from the BHO administration I decided not to spend the additional $. I chose poorly......

As soon as the billet lower I ordered comes in I'll be submitting a couple Form 1s. Now I'm wondering if I should still form a trust and try to cancel and resubmit the Form 4s along with the Form 1s.

I'm happy for you guys and will live vicariously through your pics of approved forms, cans, and SBRs. In the era of 5 minute background checks there is no reason for any of us to wait for months.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If I pay $200 for a stamp, I want the real fucking stamp.
View Quote

Bro, I can charge you $200 for a little square of paper.

You're paying for "permission" not a goddamned stamp.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does this suck? It's digital, you can reprint it, you get it faster... I'm missing something here in y'alls logic.

I made copies of my paper form but if I can cut straight to digital, I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But if you decide to get rid of the item, the actual stamp still has collector value.  I doubt anyone will pay for that print PDF one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sept 30th for mine.
I really hope this is not a troll thread.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But if you decide to get rid of the item, the actual stamp still has collector value.  I doubt anyone will pay for that print PDF one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is something hardly ever does. Gets rid of items or sells stamps. Seriously, that is a total non-issue. You're paying for permission. The value of the stamp is about nil for me.

What's this about efiling going away already? I'll do this on my can if it's still available.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:03:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't believe that some of you guys are complaining about not getting a paper stamp. That's not a problem for me at all. I just need to hurry up and get my lower engraved because my 3 months will be up pretty soon. Now if my form 3 would just come back I'd be a happy camper.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Now I really have no excuse on sitting on my form 1 can paperwork. Gonna do the efile ASAP.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#24]
So, let me get this straight.....

Permission slips are coming in faster than anyone thought possible in this day and age......and you're mad its coming back electronic, digitally portable, and easily replaceable?

out of
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:08:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I could give two shits how my approval arrives as long as it gets to me quicker.

These guys bitching about the physical stamp are probably NFATCA shills.

I can tell you exactly how many times I got hands on my physical stamp--once--which was when I opened the envelope.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Holy shit! I just got mine too. I couldn't believe it till I saw this thread. I got my stamp via email as well. This is awesome!!!!!!
View Quote

This is great news!  I efiled on 9/25.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 11:43:17 AM EDT
[#27]
My efiled dates are 9/12, 9/24 and 10/19. Come on Christmas SBRs!!! I need to submit another form 1 for my 9mm build. I was gonna wait, but in light of this info I need to get on it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#28]
holy shitz, I didn't expect to see this today. I efiled 2 form 1's on 8-27. I don't know how one will turn out because I have a error on it. some how I didn't include trust after my last name. Hell I still have to get them engraved too.

everybody keep us posted
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Lmao at you guys bitching at us about wanting a legit, physical tamp rather than this electronic crap.  Pay $200? Want $200 stamp.  If I go to the post office these days and order a bunch of stamps, I don't want some substitute for them; I want the real stamp.  Besides, I'm an NFA stamp collector.

Honestly, I still don't understand why the hell they can't follow it up with a physical copy.  I get electronic credit card and bank statements online, but they still send me physical statements on top.  

TBH, yeah it's nice to have them back quick, but once you have a few lowers it doesn't matter how quick they do.  I'll continue to file like normal and get my real stamp thanks...hopefully everyone will start e-filing and my wait times will go down.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I could have sworn I read one time where the plan was that the ATF would print off approved E-filed form 1's and 4's, attach a real stamp, and mail it.

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lmao at you guys bitching at us about wanting a legit, physical tamp rather than this electronic crap.  Pay $200? Want $200 stamp.  If I go to the post office these days and order a bunch of stamps, I don't want some substitute for them; I want the real stamp.  Besides, I'm an NFA stamp collector.

Honestly, I still don't understand why the hell they can't follow it up with a physical copy.  I get electronic credit card and bank statements online, but they still send me physical statements on top.  

TBH, yeah it's nice to have them back quick, but once you have a few lowers it doesn't matter how quick they do.  I'll continue to file like normal and get my real stamp thanks...hopefully everyone will start e-filing and my wait times will go down.
View Quote

"Stamp collector." You just sit there and look at them?

I'm paying $200 for a piece of paper that says I have permission (don't get me started on that crap.) I'm not paying for a stamp, I'm not paying for the ink, I'm not paying for the paper. I'm paying for the permission.

I'm going to see if the dealer I'm using can e-file. that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Holy shit. Now I'm excited. I e-filed a Form 1 on 9/17.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#33]
And I just put my form 4 in the mail yesterday because my dealer doesn't have eforms yet.

/
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I efiled 8/29 I live in Illinois idk who my examiner is but i want my stamp now lol.  I sent 2 Spikes Calico receivers to Ident Marking last week sequential serials are both form 1'd one by paper in July one by efile Aug, 29th.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I efiled 8/29 I live in Illinois idk who my examiner is but i want my stamp now lol.  I sent 2 Spikes Calico receivers to Ident Marking last week sequential serials are both form 1'd one by paper in July one by efile Aug, 29th.  Can't wait!
View Quote

Same here, would be awesome if it was approved "early"
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I efiled TODAY for a can w trust.  We will see.....
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's 2 stamps on eBay for less than 40 bucks shipped right now. I'd much rather have the quick turn around time.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

bueller?

bueller?
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 2:24:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

bueller?

bueller?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bueller?

bueller?

Here you go
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

bueller?

bueller?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bueller?

bueller?

There is a report on NFATracker.com also of an approval already.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#41]
I too am truley amazed at the people complaining about not receiving the stamp, oh darn you got your stamp in 1/5 of the "quoted" time.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Keep in mind that this 3 month turn around probably isn't here to stay. Once the system starts getting flooded with e-forms, Dana may not be able to keep up.

On the other hand, if a good percentage of the form 4's filed become e-forms, hopefully those who go the individual route for our 4's/1's will eventually see quicker turnarounds for our forms, especially with the increase in the number of examiners.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Keep in mind that this 3 month turn around probably isn't here to stay. Once the system starts getting flooded with e-forms, Dana may not be able to keep up.
On the other hand, if a good percentage of the form 4's filed become e-forms, hopefully those who go the individual route for our 4's/1's will eventually see quicker turnarounds for our forms, especially with the increase in the number of examiners.
View Quote

This we will see the wait times increase. I hope they don't reach the 15 months but who knows.

MAHA
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's why I went ahead and submitted my 4th eform last night. LOL
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bueller?

bueller?

It's inconclusive so far

not enough data point to tell if it's just a fluke or if it's a trend
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sad that ATF is basically about to dismantle eforms for everyone but licensees and send us back to the dark ages.
View Quote

go on
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

go on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

go on

CLEO for trusts.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 2:47:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

CLEO for trusts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

go on

CLEO for trusts.

oh that.

why couldn't I just upload the docs?

I thought it was going to be for FFl's only or the similar by his statement
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#49]
That'd be cool.  I submitted 2 Form 1's on 8/27 so hopefully they come back quick as well.
Link Posted: 11/10/2013 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure a lot of people are doing this after hearing about 3 month turnarounds.
Page / 191
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top