Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2012 1:02:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kyoami]
Here is a form version of the NEW 5330.20, Certificate of Compliace.

ETA 15 MAY 2015: You can now download it directly from the ATFE. I'll leave the first link for anyone that needs it.

Let me know if you see any issues - like tab order, obscured text, etc.

ETA 22 DEC 2012: Replaced with slightly modified version. I made the text slightly smaller, since in a couple tools the fonts rendered ON TOP of the form elements, instead of BETWEEN them. I was never happy with how the checkboxes looked, so I just took them out.

ETA 19 APR 2013: using the tip below, forced all of the text boxes to uppercase; also, added form elements for questions about immigration. Still working on the check boxes.

ETA 23 APR 2013: thanks to Engineer, checkboxes!

ETA 06-AUG-2013: changed trust name field to auto-size font
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#1]
When did the ATF take down the fillable version?
Link Posted: 12/4/2012 11:43:38 AM EDT
[#2]
No idea. Someone pointed out the form had changed, as was no longer fillable.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
What actual proof do we have to include with this form?

FYI: I am doing a Trust, but it seems like it depends upon which examiner is reviewing your paperwork as to whether this is needed for a Trust or not...?

Thanks
KingOfTheBumps
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 7:32:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kyoami] [#4]
The form is the proof.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 8:55:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 57Strat] [#5]
Did you create this form to make it fillable or is this the exact form that the BATF offered for download?
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 10:17:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kyoami] [#6]
Originally Posted By 57Strat:
Did you create this form to make it fillable or is this the exact form that the BATF offered for download?

I edited the form they provided. I used a tool to remove the lock on editing, they I used Adobe Acrobat to edit it and add fillable text blocks.

ETA: I want to be explicit here. I used the "mupdf" tool for OS X to remove the protection from the original document. I then added (manually) fields and ordered them. I used to use Acrobat checkboxes to replace the checkboxes in the form, but I discovered they rendered differently in different viewers/editors, so I removed them. My feeling is the minority of users will have wanted those checkboxes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Worked perfectly for me today.  Thank you very much for taking the time to do this!
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:08:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Are they 'only' accepting this style form now- after a certain date? Is the old form like this going to get kicked back?
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
look at the Note: all the way at the top.  that can be interpreted in many ways. i think the ATF made it that way for a reason.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#10]
it says this at top of page, (All entries Must be in ink, printed in CAPITAL LETTERS, and legible.)
does this mean it will get kicked back if I didnt fill it in with ink and a major question I havent seen answered, well 2 questions, does this have to go with my form1 with a trust and do I write the trust name in the section after my name for corporation, partnership or association, thanks for your help
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 11:46:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scott_S] [#11]
Originally Posted By tjstntbug:
it says this at top of page, (All entries Must be in ink, printed in CAPITAL LETTERS, and legible.)
does this mean it will get kicked back if I didnt fill it in with ink and a major question I havent seen answered, well 2 questions, does this have to go with my form1 with a trust and do I write the trust name in the section after my name for corporation, partnership or association, thanks for your help

If you're asking if you can use a pencil, I'd say no.  If you're asking if a version from a printer will suffice, I'd say yes (that's what I'm doing).

Regarding your question about the section for the corporation, I googled "aft 5330.20 trust"  and discovered that in section 1 you leave the last, first, and middle initial fields blank and enter your trust name in the corporation field.  Section 2 is where you include your name.  I sure as hell hope that's how it's done, because my paperwork is going off tomorrow with that info!
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#12]
although i think typing and printing would be MUCH neater, i would do what the paper work says, if it says only use printed ink in capital letters, i would do that...as far as filing this out with a trust, you are correct, leave the first line blank and put your trust name beside it and then put your full name on the second line that ask for your name
Link Posted: 3/24/2013 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:
Originally Posted By tjstntbug:

If you're asking if you can use a pencil, I'd say no.  If you're asking if a version from a printer will suffice, I'd say yes (that's what I'm doing).  

Regarding your question about the section for the corporation, I googled "aft 5330.20 trust"  and discovered that in section 1 you leave the last, first, and middle initial fields blank and enter your trust name in the corporation field.  Section 2 is where you include your name.  I sure as hell hope that's how it's done, because my paperwork is going off tomorrow with that info!

I print this form out with name and that stuff and just hand sign and date. One stamp has already came back and two more are pending. No problems yet.
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#14]
My trust name is long enough that it wraps. And when that happens, it doesn't print correctly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 2:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kyoami] [#15]
Originally Posted By 58sniper:
My trust name is long enough that it wraps. And when that happens, it doesn't print correctly.

I would like to fix this for you. Would you be willing to send me an email ([email protected]) with your trust name so I may send you some different versions of the form to see what works for you?

ETA: the fix for this was 58sniper downloaded the current version of the form from my website. If anyone else is running into problems with formatting please let me know and I will bust ass to fix them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I JUST noticed that the form required ALL CAPS.  Will my applications get rejected if I didn't do that (I did it for my Trust name....just not may name in the 2nd line for the Trustee)
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cnas122:
I JUST noticed that the form required ALL CAPS.  Will my applications get rejected if I didn't do that (I did it for my Trust name....just not may name in the 2nd line for the Trustee)

I couldn't find a way to force this to happen. I will look into it again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks.  But I guess my questions is whether I will get all of my apps rejected because I wrote my name, as Trustee, in regular font "i.e. Smith, John, C." instead of "SMITH, JOHN, C."
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RyJones:

Use a custom format script:

event.value = event.value.toUpperCase();
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By kiel1:
Originally Posted By RyJones:

Use a custom format script:
event.value = event.value.toUpperCase();

Thank you, sir, I have updated the form on the website.
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Engineer provided a version with checkboxes; it's up now!
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Just caught wind of this thread. Thanks a million! I had a blank one printed out ready to slap on the squadron typewriter until i found this... However i think I'm running into the issue of having too long of a trust name (35 characters + 5 spaces). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 7/29/2013 3:28:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kyoami] [#23]
fixed
Link Posted: 8/6/2013 11:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kyoami] [#24]
Ladies and gentlemen,
I have uploaded a new version which allows the font in the trust name box to auto-scale. There is a downside: apparently, when you first tab into the field, it sets the font size to like 1 point. After you type something and tab out, it uses a sensible default.

I also made the box a little wider and a little shorter. I can get about 60 characters in there before the font starts getting too small.

PLEASE try it out and let me know if you have any difficulties with this change.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks a lot for taking the time to do this. I'm sending mine out this afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Page will not print in landscape form, it prints Portrait

any way to rotate it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Recusance:
Page will not print in landscape form, it prints Portrait

any way to rotate it?
View Quote

what are you using to fill it in and print it?
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Works great, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:20:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TallPine] [#29]
The form is now fillable straight from BATFE website.....and it prints in landscape.

Just remember to follow instructions.....everything must be typed in all capital letters.

Here's a link to their forms page...this form is toward the bottom of page:

BATFE Forms web link
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#30]
LOL what's the purpose of using all CAPS on just this specific form?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TallPine:
The form is now fillable straight from BATFE website.....and it prints in landscape.

Just remember to follow instructions.....everything must be typed in all capital letters.

BATFE Forms web link
View Quote

No where in the instructions for filling out this form does it set forth a requirement to type everything in all caps.

Where did you get the info that it does?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By Hydguy:
No where in the instructions for filling out this form does it set forth a requirement to type everything in all caps.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

BATFE Forms web link

The all caps requirement is printed near the top of the first page...

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AlabamaPaul:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlabamaPaul:

BATFE Forms web link

My bad... I had in my head the .20
I haven't ever filled out a Cert of Compliance as I use a trust...
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#34]
General question regarding the form....

What exactly goes in Block 1 and Block 2?

I'm selling a SBR to an individual in my state and using a Form 4 (individual to individual-No Trust)

Can't figure out what he puts in Block 1 and 2?  His name in both?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By AndyMcNabb:

General question regarding the form....

What exactly goes in Block 1 and Block 2?

I'm selling a SBR to an individual in my state and using a Form 4 (individual to individual-No Trust)

Can't figure out what he puts in Block 1 and 2?  His name in both?

Thanks
View Quote
Buyers name goes in both...

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:08:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Okay,  maybe I overlooked this answer, but in filing as an individual, whether on F-1 or F-4, you're required to file only ONE copy of your citizenship certification form, correct? Not in duplicate as with the F-1/F-4 applications and the FP cards, right? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes, just one CoC...
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Thanks.

Okay, I'm ready to mail off a F-1 and a F-4. Have made out both checks to BATFE, not DOJ  - also correct?

Years ago when I did my first F-1, the check was made payable to DOJ, and it was accepted. But I guess that part's been changed?

Been out of the NFA game a while. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#40]
The newest version of the Form 1 eliminates the CoC form.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#42]
In question 2, the form requires the name of person, including the middle initial. Pretty straight forward. Except, sometimes, people don't have a middle name (NMN).  In my experience, the mil and other govt forms, that can require the person to use "NMN" in that block. I'm not sure if I should leave the "middle initial" block empty or use:

NMN
NONE (NO MIDDLE NAME)
or, leave the block blank...

leaving it blank seems like the kiss/of/death or disapproval. Anyone have some insight into this question? I have two From4s to get mailed-off today, my first NFA/suppressors!
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#44]
See above
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top