Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2012 9:45:39 PM EDT
So there is a RDIAS for sale.  All steel, legit, currently in a Class 3 dealers possession, and pre 1986.  It was made by Kenneth Galan of Dallas, Tx.  Anyone heard of this one?
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Not surprising. Lots of guys had machine shops in the 80's. It wasn't hard to do, nor were the plans any state secrets. If you had at least a half a brain and could use some hand tools, you could build your own in short order. If its local, and you can give it a test shoot, I'd say do that. You'll know if it has any issues in short order. Bring a couple of uppers, see if it runs. I got one that was F1'ed by a no name, it has run 100% with 12 or so uppers I've tried it on, so I'm fine it wasn't built by a well known smith. For what I paid for it, I could care less.
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nope. Not surprising. Lots of guys had machine shops in the 80's. It wasn't hard to do, nor were the plans any state secrets. If you had at least a half a brain and could use some hand tools, you could build your own in short order. If its local, and you can give it a test shoot, I'd say do that. You'll know if it has any issues in short order. Bring a couple of uppers, see if it runs. I got one that was F1'ed by a no name, it has run 100% with 12 or so uppers I've tried it on, so I'm fine it wasn't built by a well known smith. For what I paid for it, I could care less.

Cool, the price is a lot of ofcourse, but I'm getting it anyways.  They are just too rare to pass up any at this point.  I was just curious if anyone knew any of the history of it.  Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top