Site Notices
10/24/2014 2:42:22 PM
Author
Posted: 1/11/2012 1:45:39 AM
So there is a RDIAS for sale. All steel, legit, currently in a Class 3 dealers possession, and pre 1986. It was made by Kenneth Galan of Dallas, Tx. Anyone heard of this one?
damcv62
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 11:43:09 PM
Nope. Not surprising. Lots of guys had machine shops in the 80's. It wasn't hard to do, nor were the plans any state secrets. If you had at least a half a brain and could use some hand tools, you could build your own in short order. If its local, and you can give it a test shoot, I'd say do that. You'll know if it has any issues in short order. Bring a couple of uppers, see if it runs. I got one that was F1'ed by a no name, it has run 100% with 12 or so uppers I've tried it on, so I'm fine it wasn't built by a well known smith. For what I paid for it, I could care less.
collegeboy
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/12/2012 8:05:56 PM
Originally Posted By damcv62:
Nope. Not surprising. Lots of guys had machine shops in the 80's. It wasn't hard to do, nor were the plans any state secrets. If you had at least a half a brain and could use some hand tools, you could build your own in short order. If its local, and you can give it a test shoot, I'd say do that. You'll know if it has any issues in short order. Bring a couple of uppers, see if it runs. I got one that was F1'ed by a no name, it has run 100% with 12 or so uppers I've tried it on, so I'm fine it wasn't built by a well known smith. For what I paid for it, I could care less.

Cool, the price is a lot of ofcourse, but I'm getting it anyways. They are just too rare to pass up any at this point. I was just curious if anyone knew any of the history of it. Thanks!