ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:33:33 PM
Does anyone have any reviews on Ruben Mendiola? He's got an item I'm looking at purchasing. Just thought I'd see if any of you guys have any experience with him.

Thanks!!!
raysheen
FOAD NY
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2012 12:58:01 PM
Originally Posted By RedWolff:
Does anyone have any reviews on Ruben Mendiola? He's got an item I'm looking at purchasing. Just thought I'd see if any of you guys have any experience with him.

Thanks!!!

He is one of the most trusted names in the NFA worls as far as dealers go.
His prices are usually a bit higher than buying from an individual, but many people are willing to pay the premium to be buying from a known merchant like Ruben.
He's good to go.
Tirador223
Perdona a tus enemigos pero recuerdo sus nombres.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2012 1:01:25 PM
The post above mirrors my experience. I have had two transactions with him and he is a straight shooter in a business where not everybody can be called that. I say buy or sell with confidence.

Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarrass him.

LastDefender
Defender of Liberty at your service.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2012 3:36:35 PM
He has an excellent reputation over on the Subguns Board.
"They say that most marriages fail because the woman is disappointed the man hasn't changed and the man is disappointed that the woman has." -RikWriter
"Philanthropy in the face of nudity should be encouraged, not mocked"- PlaymoreMinds
tony_k
How was I to know she was with the Russians, too?
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2012 4:12:39 PM
Rubin is as honest and honorable as they come. I trust him completely.

As noted, his prices tend to be full retail (though sometimes you can find a bargain) but then again, NFA sales is his full-time, and only, business. He has to make a living ... but when you buy or sell from him, you have his complete, undivided attention, so things get done correctly and as fast as can be.

FWIW, he is local to me, and I've shot MGs with him off-and-on for the last 15+ years. He's a smart, likable, generous guy, and his presence makes any shoot a lot more fun.
This is Tony K, and I approved this message.
RedWolff
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2012 4:39:31 PM
Well I've started the sales process! Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'll let you all know how it works out!!!
dmtsc
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2012 5:10:10 PM
Well I've started the sales process! Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'll let you all know how it works out!!!

What you buying/selling?
RedWolff
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2012 10:51:16 PM
Originally Posted By dmtsc:

What you buying/selling?

Breaking into the Sub-Machinegun world with a MAC-10!
collegeboy
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/10/2012 11:01:55 PM
Originally Posted By dmtsc:

What you buying/selling?

Breaking into the Sub-Machinegun world with a MAC-10!

Nice

Fredmisery
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/11/2012 4:41:31 AM
No complaints, honest and no BS, highly recommended. You will not be disappointed dealing with him!
It was broke when I found it.....
Hydguy

Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 5:08:14 PM
How long has he been in the business? I remember his ads form back about a decade ago.
Wish we had a high quality NFA dealer in the Panhandle..
damcv62
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/15/2012 5:33:45 PM
You'll usually pay a bit more buying from him, but his stuff is usually as listed.
2000Z3M
I am McLovin
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/16/2012 8:19:32 PM
Originally Posted By Hydguy:
How long has he been in the business? I remember his ads form back about a decade ago.

This guy is good: http://www.submachinegun.net/
I like things that go rat-a-tat-tat
silent17
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 8:01:33 AM
Hes the man. Done business with him for about the past 17 years. Everything goes off without a hitch. I love his hours too, you can pretty much get a hold of him at any time.
Balista
Yo. Omar's coming. Indeed.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 8:05:12 AM
He is one of few, small, tiny, minority in the Subguns crowd that I trust, he is not cheap though. There are some real scumbags out there but he is highly regarded.
M4
Blue Eyed Devil
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 8:51:53 AM

Originally Posted By LastDefender:
He has an excellent reputation over on the Subguns Board.

This. ^^^
كافر AMERICAN INFIDEL كافر

CrawdadsRevenge
Revenge is a dish best served boiled.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 3:41:07 PM
I bought my M11/9 from him last year and things went smoothly. There were better deals out there, but seeing as how I was sending thousands of dollars out of state to buy a gun sight unseen I had no problem paying a premium to buy from a trusted dealer.

Only minor gripe I can think of is neither of the mags the gun came with worked.
If life gives you ground beef, make chicken.
telc
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 3:52:49 PM
Seems like he is one of the most reputable dealers to deal with.

His M16A1's always look NIB are they refinished?
Shermantor-AR15
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 3:59:44 PM
Originally Posted By CrawdadsRevenge:
Only minor gripe I can think of is neither of the mags the gun came with worked.

Funny my M16 I bought from him came with a shitty mag that was actually defective, the spot weld on it was broke, I threw it away.

CrawdadsRevenge
Revenge is a dish best served boiled.
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 4:03:50 PM
[Last Edit: 1/20/2012 5:15:10 PM by CrawdadsRevenge]

Originally Posted By Shermantor-AR15:

Funny my M16 I bought from him came with a shitty mag that was actually defective, the spot weld on it was broke, I threw it away.

Wasn't a big deal to me. I don't think the ad even mentioned mags, so it could have shown up with none I wouldn't have thought anything of it.
If life gives you ground beef, make chicken.
Knightco37
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 4:30:21 PM
he is good to go!
tony_k
How was I to know she was with the Russians, too?
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 4:51:55 PM
Ruben test-fires very few of the MGs he buys for resale. If the seller he buys from supplies him with mags, he includes them in the sale. Most times, they are mags that work ... but because sometimes they may not, he does not normally list them in the sales description; he just includes them as freebies.
This is Tony K, and I approved this message.
whiskerz
I am bored
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/20/2012 10:42:55 PM
I met him once several years ago . He was doing an event for sailors . He is a genuine nice guy and has a stellar reputation. If you go over to Subguns.com there is a recommended dealer list with guys who are honest and good to deal with.
I cause trouble

NRA life member .

Tennesse Squire
RedWolff
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/23/2012 9:33:03 PM
Well he got my money this past week! so first a Form 3 to my SOT here in town Mid America Arms. Then the long and agonizing wait for a Form 4... then its all mine!!!

Gravity3694
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2012 1:40:35 AM
[Last Edit: 1/24/2012 1:43:50 AM by Gravity3694]

Originally Posted By 2000Z3M:
Originally Posted By Hydguy:

This guy is good: http://www.submachinegun.net/

My favorite dealer in the Panhandle. Very knowledgeable and has been in the business for many decades. To be fair, I've never used him for anything other than title I, but I will be buying my first NFA item from him in the coming weeks.

Still, he's very nice and he has let me play with some of his personal items at a range I work at. He rarely gets to shoot his stuff because there's no close ranges that allow FA.

The only other known C3 dealer in the Panhandle is Jay's and they took forever to send in my friend's Form 4.
Shermantor-AR15
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2012 9:21:56 AM

Originally Posted By Shermantor-AR15:

Wasn't a big deal to me. I don't think the ad even mentioned mags, so it could have shown up with none I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

Just to be clear, I didn't really care about the mag. I would buy from Ruben again, if i won the lotto, He would be the first NFA seller I would contact and buy up everything he had LOL.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED