Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 12:52:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottyPotty] [#1]
Originally Posted By tony_k:
ATF does not require you to engrave the caliber on a Form 1'd SBR –– the original host-gun manufacturer's caliber engravings are sufficient, even if they are not the caliber listed on your Form 1.

The Form 1 must only match the initial configuration of the SBR.

What if the lower is marked "MULTI" do you need to do anything special?

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 3:24:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: west2746] [#3]
Ok..been reading lots of the posts on this subject and this has ended up confusing me on one or two things.

I bought a striped DPMS lower and bult it with a parts kit. I now want to make it a SBR. On Form 1....Box 4a...do I put DPMS/their address or do I put M Mouse/Hole In Your Wall ?    

"M Mouse/Hole In Your Wall" would be what is going to be engraved on the lower. Where on the Form 1 would this engraving info go? I read in one post that the engraving needs to match whats in box 3b. I thought 3b should have my full name and full address.

This is just going to be a simple 5.56 11.5" SBR. What would I put in box 4h?

Thanks. This is my last questions I need answered before getting them signed.

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Stan_TheGunNut:
d.  Section 4:
Box 4a, the name & location as inscribed on the gun of the original manufacturer of the gun, such as Colt, LMT, Bushmaster….whomever.  My latest one was:  Anvil Arms, Lakeland, FL.

4h: I left this one blank, but you can put whatever you had inscribed onto your lower here as an additional description. You may also wish to list other calibers and barrel lengths that you plan on using with the SBR.  As an alternative to listing each barrel length and caliber in this box, attaching a letter to the form to notify the ATF of your intentions would also be okay.  That said, you are not required to notify the ATF of temporary changes of this nature.

The above is from the the first post in this thread.  It should answer your question.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to this thread I'm finally jumping into the SBR world and got my brother to join me. We just dropped our paperwork off at our local sheriffs office for their signature. The sheriff said he would sign

as long as we passed the background check
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the great write up on how to fill everything out.  I am mailing the paperwork in today for my SBR build using a trust that was recently setup by a Texas board member.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm about to mail my form 1 out and just wanted to make sure that ....

NFA Branch
Suite 1250
244 Needy Rd.
Martinsburg, WV 25405-9431

^^^^^ This is the right address to mail it to.

Thanks, John.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:40:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stan_TheGunNut] [#8]
Originally Posted By Jalap-inya:

NFA Branch
Suite 1250
244 Needy Rd.

Thanks, John.

Yes, this is the correct address.  I called the ATF today, 10/16/09, and confirmed that this is still the current and correct address to send a Form 1 for processing.  Should you like to verify this for yourself, you can call the ATF at 304-616-4500.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]

NFA Branch
Suite 1250
244 Needy Rd.

Thanks, John.

Yes, this is the correct address.  I called the ATF today, 10/16/09, and confirmed that this is still the current and correct address to send a Form 1 for processing.  Should you like to verify this for yourself, you can call the ATF at 304-616-4500.

Cool, thanks man. Just to make sure, make the check out to the dept of justice, right?

Also does it matter if I fold the finger print cards in half so that they will fit in the envelope. I've been told that they won't accept finger print cards that have been folded.

Thanks John.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:23:46 AM EDT
[#10]

NFA Branch
Suite 1250
244 Needy Rd.

Thanks, John.

Cool, thanks man. Just to make sure, make the check out to the dept of justice, right?

Also does it matter if I fold the finger print cards in half so that they will fit in the envelope. I've been told that they won't accept finger print cards that have been folded.

Thanks John.

Box 1a on the Form 1 states that the check should be made payable to the Dept. of Justice.  Additionally the phone number of the NFA branch of the ATF is listed under item 8 in the instructions section of the Form 1.  The address to mail the Form 1 to is on the first page of the Form 1 near the top just below the bold line.

As an aside, until now, I'm not sure I realized that all this information was on the Form 1....like most men, I don't need to read the stinkin' instructions.  I point this out though, as it might be easier and more convenient to some people to simply refer to the Form 1 vs coming back to this thread, or others like it, trying to find the ATF phone number, address, etc.

It's probably poor form to fold the fingerprint cards, but I do not know if they will accept fingerprint cards that have been folded or not.  For a few cents at the post office, you can get an envelope to put all the paperwork in so you don't have to fold anything, and then whether or not the ATF will accept folded fingerprint cards becomes a non-issue.  Large envelopes are also available at Walmart, copy shops, and any office supply store for cheap.  I buy a 10 pack for a dollar or two and always have some on hand.    

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't realize that was on the form, thanks. Guess it pays to have a little patience and read the entire form, lol. Thanks Stan.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:43:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cnote100] [#12]
On the fingerprint card,, What should you put in the box labeled "Reason Fingerprinted" ???
C

Edit:  I think i found it in another thread.  Can someone confirm that "ATF Application" is appropriate??
thanx, C
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 9:56:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stevemr2t] [#13]
When you sign the Form 1 (assuming a trust) do you sign it   Your Name (Grantor)  or Your Name (Trustee)

Link Posted: 10/4/2009 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I looked around for this but could not find it.  Going the “TRUST” route:

On the “Certification of Compliance”

Block #1: ABC Trust
Block #2: John D. Doe

Is this correct?

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 1:38:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LordVngr] [#15]
OK, So after reading this Entire Post I decided to go for it and try and register my 1st SBR. I live in Florida , and I Created my Trust and shipped it off 08-22-09. I had a few fine point questions like a lot of you but with a little logic in the answers it should be ok. Fast forward a month and a half and I come across another site showing how to fill out a form 1 and while pretty much the same as these instructions there are about 3 things that are different and could be a problem. Check it out and tell me what you think.

The Other Form-1 Link

Click on the Sample form 1 link.

In 3D there telling you to put the United States. Now WHY would you put US for the County. As I read that they either want the County you live in Or they messed the spelling of the form up and ment Country instead. I choose to believe there really asking for the county you live in and put mine, Hillsborough County. I did not include the words United States.

In 4I There Specifically telling you to put " Any Lawfull Purpose " for why you want to make the firearm. Per the AR-15.com instructions I put for my reason " To enhance collection and to use for all lawfull purposes ". To Kill Zombies would have been just way to much. Not sure how much the batf is on Exact Wording But I believe I'm in the ball park on this one too.

In 7 and 8 there telling you to sign it as a Trustee instead of Grantor like the Ar-15.com instructions. I used Grantor and I see someone has asked this question but hasnt gotten a answer yet. I think this could be the biggest differences in the instructions and again I guess it all comes back to how much of a stickler the atf is for wording.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if it gets approved or not. I figure I got at least a month and a half wait to go yet. I personally sent in Two Certifide Full Copies of my declaration of trust along with certifide copies of the assignment of properties and schedule A. I also brown nosed by including a letter explaining this was my 1st time doing this and if they had Any Questions or issues to call me and I would provide any information needed. And as a final case of Suckup I explained that even though I was using a trust and there not needed I included photo copies of my drivers license And concealed carry permit. Will it get approved, Stay tuned and I will update this post when I get the paperwork back.

I do have two questions though

1 - Is the engraving really required, I have seen posts where it says only Form-2's require engraving. If required I was planning on doing it in the top of the trigger guard area BUT what about the inside lip of the magwell, would that position be legal. The weapon wouldnt need to be dissasembled to see it only the mag would need to be removed which I would do anyway if showing the weapon to a leo/atf guy at a range.

2 - This hasnt been asked yet, nobodys probably even thought of it and I really need to know the answer Before trying a 2nd registration. What does the Batf/Law say about Registering a SBR/SBS and then either A - Never actually converting it over Or B - Taking several years to do it in. Does Anybody have any ideas on this one. I ask because I have every intention of buying a Saiga 12 guage and Someday converting it and I also have a DSA I'd like to register just to have it Registered but may never actually have it cut down. Would this actually be against the law or would it be a case of I'm just out the 200 buck tax fee and I cant resell them as Regular weapons now. Anybody got a answer for that.

The floor is yours and thanks in advance for your answers...

LV
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By LordVngr:
OK, So after reading this Entire Post I decided to go for it and try and register my 1st SBR. I live in Florida , and I Created my Trust and shipped it off 08-22-09. I had a few fine point questions like a lot of you but with a little logic in the answers it should be ok. Fast forward a month and a half and I come across another site showing how to fill out a form 1 and while pretty much the same as these instructions there are about 3 things that are different and could be a problem. Check it out and tell me what you think.

The Other Form-1 Link

Click on the Sample form 1 link.

In 3D there telling you to put the United States. Now WHY would you put US for the County. As I read that they either want the County you live in Or they messed the spelling of the form up and ment Country instead. I choose to believe there really asking for the county you live in and put mine, Hillsborough County. I did not include the words United States.

In 4I There Specifically telling you to put " Any Lawfull Purpose " for why you want to make the firearm. Per the AR-15.com instructions I put for my reason " To enhance collection and to use for all lawfull purposes ". To Kill Zombies would have been just way to much. Not sure how much the batf is on Exact Wording But I believe I'm in the ball park on this one too.

In 7 and 8 there telling you to sign it as a Trustee instead of Grantor like the Ar-15.com instructions. I used Grantor and I see someone has asked this question but hasnt gotten a answer yet. I think this could be the biggest differences in the instructions and again I guess it all comes back to how much of a stickler the atf is for wording.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if it gets approved or not. I figure I got at least a month and a half wait to go yet. I personally sent in Two Certifide Full Copies of my declaration of trust along with certifide copies of the assignment of properties and schedule A. I also brown nosed by including a letter explaining this was my 1st time doing this and if they had Any Questions or issues to call me and I would provide any information needed. And as a final case of Suckup I explained that even though I was using a trust and there not needed I included photo copies of my drivers license And concealed carry permit. Will it get approved, Stay tuned and I will update this post when I get the paperwork back.

I do have two questions though

1 - Is the engraving really required, I have seen posts where it says only Form-2's require engraving. If required I was planning on doing it in the top of the trigger guard area BUT what about the inside lip of the magwell, would that position be legal. The weapon wouldnt need to be dissasembled to see it only the mag would need to be removed which I would do anyway if showing the weapon to a leo/atf guy at a range.

2 - This hasnt been asked yet, nobodys probably even thought of it and I really need to know the answer Before trying a 2nd registration. What does the Batf/Law say about Registering a SBR/SBS and then either A - Never actually converting it over Or B - Taking several years to do it in. Does Anybody have any ideas on this one. I ask because I have every intention of buying a Saiga 12 guage and Someday converting it and I also have a DSA I'd like to register just to have it Registered but may never actually have it cut down. Would this actually be against the law or would it be a case of I'm just out the 200 buck tax fee and I cant resell them as Regular weapons now. Anybody got a answer for that.

The floor is yours and thanks in advance for your answers...

LV

I wrote this thread, and all I can tell you is that I was approved using the wording as described in this thread.  Unless you live in a state that requires certain wording, what I put should work.  

For question 1, yes, the general consensus is that the engraving is required, and should be in a place visible without taking the gun apart.

For question 2, I'm sure Uncle Sam will be happy to take your $200 from you.  I doubt they care as to when you actually convert said registered gun....I've read threads where people have had approved form 1's in their hands for a year before they actually made a silencer, as an example.  That said, to meet the spirit of the law, you should probably have the modifications done as soon as possible to make the gun fit the description that you sent the ATF.  Should you desire to sell it later, you can.  The buyer will either have to pay 200 bones so it can be transferred to them, or you can write the ATF and ask that it be taken out of the registry and returned to a title 2 configuration.  Once they send you a letter saying it's been removed (it's never really removed, it's status is just changed), you can sell it like you would a regular gun.  Personally, I see the second option as a waste of money.

Link Posted: 10/17/2009 1:22:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: texjames] [#17]
I hope my question is not a tech question.I see on the link where you get the PDF for a form 1 and "Click Here" to fill in some area's but how can you print out all the Form 1 without a typewriter? Someway to do this on your computer? I found out how to print out form 1 front and back but do not have a typewriter.Suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 7:06:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stan_TheGunNut] [#18]
Originally Posted By texjames:
I hope my question is not a tech question.I see on the link where you get the PDF for a form 1 and "Click Here" to fill in some area's but how can you print out all the Form 1 without a typewriter? Someway to do this on your computer? I found out how to print out form 1 front and back but do not have a typewriter.Suggestions.

The link provided is a "fillable pdf".  That means you type in the information before you print it out in the areas provided, then print it on your printer.   Use this:

ATF Form 1

The intent is not to print it out then fill it in with a typewriter.
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By texjames:

The link provided is a "fillable pdf".  That means you type in the information before you print it out in the areas provided, then print it on your printer.   Use this:

ATF Form 1

The intent is not to print it out then fill it in with a typewriter.

Thanks...thats the one i been looking for....latest form ! Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 7:43:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kenndogg] [#20]
Is anything different for a silencer?  Would be going through the Trust route.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I am sorry, but this is my first FORM 1 for a SBR. I am going with a CLEO signature. I am filling out the application and just can't find the space for what I will have engraved on my lower. I am thinking 4-h. is where I will list what I will have engraved on my lower. If someone will confirm that please. I would hate to send it off just to have it come back with a error. I appreciate the help everyone offers here.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:14:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tony_k] [#22]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dirtystan:
I am sorry, but this is my first FORM 1 for a SBR. I am going with a CLEO signature. I am filling out the application and just can't find the space for what I will have engraved on my lower. I am thinking 4-h. is where I will list what I will have engraved on my lower. If someone will confirm that please. I would hate to send it off just to have it come back with a error. I appreciate the help everyone offers here.

You can't find that space, because it is not there: There is no requirement to list, on the Form 1, what you will have engraved on the receiver.

That seems odd. I wonder why they require engraving and don't even want to know what you engraved?
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tony_k] [#24]
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Tony...thank you. I will get my CLEO signature Monday and mail my application.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:51:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Overton-AR] [#26]
OK, I have read all 5 pages of this thread and the ONLY thing that remains "un-clear" is what to put in box 4A.  I have 2 lowers that I am registering as SBR.  The lowers were manufactured by Tactical Innovations in Bonners Ferry, Idaho.  So is Tactical Innovations the "Original Manufacturer" or is my trust name the "Original Manufacturer"???  In post #1 Stan said to put, and I quote.......

Box 4a, the name & location as inscribed on the gun of the original manufacturer of the gun, such as Colt, LMT, Bushmaster….whomever. My latest one was: Anvil Arms, Lakeland, FL.  

Later on page 4 or 5 a few people posted to put your trust name in box 4A.  Maybe one is for purchasing an SBR while the other is making one, but I need to get it right.  I am putting them together so I think my trust names goes in 4A as the manufacturer, but I am not sure now.  My form is all filled out and ready to go, but I need to get this one right before I make a mistake.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Are there any additional forms needed when filing as an LLC.....or is just the employer identification number (6A) sufficient and (8) name and title of official of firm or corporation.....  I hope I made myself clear

thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Overton-AR:
OK, I have read all 5 pages of this thread and the ONLY thing that remains "un-clear" is what to put in box 4A.  I have 2 lowers that I am registering as SBR.  The lowers were manufactured by Tactical Innovations in Bonners Ferry, Idaho.  So is Tactical Innovations the "Original Manufacturer" or is my trust name the "Original Manufacturer"???  In post #1 Stan said to put, and I quote.......

Box 4a, the name & location as inscribed on the gun of the original manufacturer of the gun, such as Colt, LMT, Bushmaster….whomever. My latest one was: Anvil Arms, Lakeland, FL.  

Later on page 4 or 5 a few people posted to put your trust name in box 4A.  Maybe one is for purchasing an SBR while the other is making one, but I need to get it right.  I am putting them together so I think my trust names goes in 4A as the manufacturer, but I am not sure now.  My form is all filled out and ready to go, but I need to get this one right before I make a mistake.  

Thanks.

What you put in Box 4a depends on which form (1 or 4) you are using.

If you are making a new SBR via a Form 1 application and using an existing Title 1 receiver, Box 4a should list the manufacturer of the host receiver –– in your case, Tactical Innovations.

Once the application is approved, you (or your trust) become the maker of the NFA item.

So if you ever sell it, it will transfer on a Form 4, and Box 4a on a Form 4 should list the manufacturer of the NFA item –– which is you (your trust). Tactical Innovation's only involvement is that they made the parts you used to make the NFA item. But since the Tactical Innovation markings are still on the host receiver, on the Form 4 you list Tactical Innovation's info in Box 4h (Additional Description or Data Appearing on Firearm).

HTH.

Tony

Thanks for the clarification.  I will change the form to read Tactical Innovations in box 4A since I am building a NEW SBR from a virgin receiver and filing it on a Form 1.

Link Posted: 11/9/2009 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I understand some abbreviations are not permitted.  However, if I call my trust, B&A Arms Trust, can I use those initials for the form 1 and the engraving?
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 9:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bklyn_Irish] [#31]
What is the recommended  manner in which to affix the photos to the applications?
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#32]
ATF Form 5330.20

never heard of it - Trust route with a can - never filed on - antyone confirm it is a MUST?
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By eternal24k:
I just put in as many calibers as I could ever imagine using, even though it is going to be a dedicated 9mm, I just like giving myself options.

How did you fit them in the tiny square they give you?
Link Posted: 11/25/2009 12:10:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Newb here, First post.  I ordered an 11.5" upper today for an SBR.  I do not have a lower yet, will buy one locally soon.  So to confirm, when I buy the lower I need it to be registered as a "pistol" lower?  Once I get the forms complete and get my stamp can I then put any upper on that lower or only an SBR upper on the lower?  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/27/2009 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#35]
on form 1 under 3b., do i list my full name, or the name on my trust?
Link Posted: 11/28/2009 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#36]
pflyinguy

Be careful - a SBR is a lower and upper.  I do not want an upper in my house until I have a stamp.  Please have someone else hold it so you do not have access.  Just MHO - YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/28/2009 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By chadwick76:
on form 1 under 3b., do i list my full name, or the name on my trust?

Trust
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Please forgive me if this has already been asked and answered.

Creating the trust is essentially your first step in the process. When setting up the trust and it asks for assets do you add the lower receiver since it has not been engraved nor registered as an SBR yet?

Thanks!
Brandon
Link Posted: 12/11/2009 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#39]
I got so much flak for offering help, I no longer do it.

However, what I did was create the Trust, add the item to be a SBR (lower receiver) and mail it off - I already had it engraved, but it's a stripped lower, no parts kit and no upper for it.

Just a chunk of metal waiting for the breath of life from a stamp (and $200)
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 2:50:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Ok, i have a couple questions... right now i have a stag arms lower receiver that I want to put a short upper on. So then it would be a SBR. But, right now it is just registered as a regular lower reciever. So, what if I find a 10.5 inch upper that I want to buy from someone? Can I buy it and have it shipped to my house? Or do I have to register my stag lower as a SBR first? What If I kept them seperate and not pinned together?

If yall say that I have to register my lower first, then what would you write down for barrel length when I dont even know what Im going to buy yet? Thanks for the help guys!

Link Posted: 12/16/2009 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BadBowtie03:
Ok, i have a couple questions... right now i have a stag arms lower receiver that I want to put a short upper on. So then it would be a SBR. But, right now it is just registered as a regular lower reciever. So, what if I find a 10.5 inch upper that I want to buy from someone? Can I buy it and have it shipped to my house? Or do I have to register my stag lower as a SBR first? What If I kept them seperate and not pinned together?

If yall say that I have to register my lower first, then what would you write down for barrel length when I dont even know what Im going to buy yet? Thanks for the help guys!

NO - don't even think about it.  Having a SB Upper and an extra lower is just asking for trouble.

AFAIK - write down what you intend on building (I am going for a 11½, so that's what I put) and as long as the rifle can be returned to that configuration - you are OK to temorarily use a 10½, 12½, etc.

That is what I read here and it sounds reasonable; however, I can not state with any certainty what the ATF would say.

You could draft and send a letter - but they may invoke some new reading of a rule - and further restrict SBR builds.  And as we are all aware - something in writing this month can be tossed out next month.

As always YMMV.  I am most certainly no expert on anything and hopefully someone else will come along who know more than I do (Tony K - moderator seems to know this stuff pretty well).
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Mailed my paperwork today! Just wanted to put this here so I could easily see the date it was sent.
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#43]
3) Once you have the lower receiver back in your possession with the proper engravings, complete the Form 1 Application. Note that you will need the receiver in hand prior to filling out the paperwork since you need to know the serial number on the receiver to complete the paperwork. This is not true if you are physically making a silencer for example, as opposed to merely assembling a SBR. In the case where you actually manufacture a silencer, you would assign a unique serial number, model number, etc. Form 1 applications are available from the ATF here:

Originally Posted By NoVaGator:
No rush on the engraving.

Might as well wait until you get your stamp back, IMO.

Also, when creating your trust, you might as well name it something short so you don't need 3 inches to have it engraved.

Mine is five letters.

I just called the NFA - Branch and they informed me the correct way is to send the original manufacturer info and once you have your stamp you can put together and engrave your SBR?

My take on this is that this procedure would eliminate the possibility of having contraband or be in violation of constructive possesion?

Link Posted: 12/22/2009 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Can someone tell me if: M. Mouse, Disney World, FL is acceptable engraving for an individual. Can the first name be abbreviated???

Also if I write down the serial number is there any reason why i cannot fill out and send the form 1 while it is at the engravers???

thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2009 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DeadPresidents:
Can someone tell me if: M. Mouse, Disney World, FL is acceptable engraving for an individual. Can the first name be abbreviated???

Also if I write down the serial number is there any reason why i cannot fill out and send the form 1 while it is at the engravers???

thanks

When I called the ATF a few weeks ago they said no go on abbreviations.  It must be EXACTLY like what is on your Form 1.

Nothing wrong with mailing the form while it's getting engraved.  Some people are just paranoid the receiver will get damaged/lost so prefer to perform the engraving first.
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By mac_05evo:
Originally Posted By DeadPresidents:

thanks

When I called the ATF a few weeks ago they said no go on abbreviations.  It must be EXACTLY like what is on your Form 1.

Nothing wrong with mailing the form while it's getting engraved.  Some people are just paranoid the receiver will get damaged/lost so prefer to perform the engraving first.

I wish they would get their story right.  I was told back in August that it was ok to abbrevate first name.  I had my lower engraved based on that information.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2009 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 12:02:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eric10mm] [#48]
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 6:10:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: muddawggin] [#49]
Ok, another "new to the SBR" crowd.  I have a couple questions of my own.  First, after filling out the majority of the form 1, I started thinking about the name block..3b.  Is it a requirement to list your midle name?  I don't have one, and wonder if I should put (MNI) after my full name...as it is already on the application.  I just don't want to get this kicked back over that.  My second question is this...in block 4d, they want overall length. So far on this build, all I have is the stripped lower.  How do I give them overall length if I can't legally assemble it to measure even if I HAD the parts?

ETA..I assume I need only send in duplicates of the two pages of the application I FILLED OUT, not the instruction sheet, as with the 5330.20?  And I send in BOTH duplicates?  Printed front and back of course.
Link Posted: 1/3/2010 8:32:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tony_k] [#50]
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top