Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2008 6:31:47 AM EDT
I was just watching "The One" with Jet Li, and at the beginning the police had M4s or ARs with a small shotgun mounted on the bottom much like an M203. Just out of curiosity is their such a way to mount a scatter gun to a rifle. I seem to remember seeing a mount sold back in the day for this,but my searches come up empty.

Thanks fellas
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Knights Armament Master Key. Yes, they are ungodly expensive. Impact Guns had them the last I remember. No, most people here think they are pointless.

There is also a company that makes a mount to attach a Remington 870 underneath a 20" barreled upper. It can be seen in the movie Predator. I can't remember the name.

Prepare to get flamed by the rest of the board for wanting to attach a useless shotgun on your rifle.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#2]
/tangent

I remember a while back someone had a pic of a mount that allowed you to mount a Glock 17 to the front of your rifle (imagine replacing the shotgun with a pistol) and the unanimous vibe was it was a bad idea. A scattergun makes more sense IMO though.

/back on track
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#3]

more junk on guns

Link Posted: 8/13/2008 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was just watching "The One" with Jet Li, and at the beginning the police had M4s or ARs with a small shotgun mounted on the bottom much like an M203. Just out of curiosity is their such a way to mount a scatter gun to a rifle. I seem to remember seeing a mount sold back in the day for this,but my searches come up empty.

Thanks fellas

That's the KAC 'MasterKey'

As the name implies, the shotgun is intended for shooting LOCKS not PEOPLE....

It is designed to be used in combination with specialized 'door-breaching' shells, to destroy locks and thus allow entry.....

The idea being that you can quickly transition from blowing the lock to firing your carbine, rather than having to sling the shotgun you used on the door and un-sling your rifle (or use a shotgun to clear the building).....
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
the new rem 870 for the military has four options.  One of them is mounting under the barrel of an m4.  They run around 2300 for the system + 200 for the tax stamp.  It can also be configured as a short barrel shotgun, full size combat gun or an AOW IIRC.  The kit includes all the barrels/parts for each configuration.
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
more junk on guns
www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/32428All_in_one_gun.jpg

People are STILL trying to bring knives to gunfights...
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
more junk on guns
www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/32428All_in_one_gun.jpg

People are STILL trying to bring knives to gunfights...

But its a pretty effective deterrant to a gun grab I bet.
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#8]
The Knight's "Masterkey" may seem outlandish if you don't have a use for it, but if you're doing alot of house calls in a high risk area, having proverbial "key to the city" makes things a little easier.  But here is a system that was developed after the Masterkey in the 80's

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/XM26_2_highRes.jpg

as a side note this system somehow sneaked its way into the new Ironman movie you have to have a keen eye to see it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Prepare to get flamed by the rest of the board for wanting to attach a useless shotgun on your rifle.

Nyah, the topic comes up sometimes and no flaming usually follows.

Main things to remember with any under barrel rifle/shotgun/pistol is that it is registered as a short barrel shotgun/rifle because of the stock. (Unless you have an 18" barrel, which is a little pointless. :)

The systems also have to take into account the recoil of the shotgun's effect on the AR15.

I always wanted to put a Keltec PLR on the front. Just seemed fun!
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nyah, the topic comes up sometimes and no flaming usually follows.

Main things to remember with any under barrel rifle/shotgun/pistol is that it is registered as a short barrel shotgun/rifle because of the stock. (Unless you have an 18" barrel, which is a little pointless. :)

The systems also have to take into account the recoil of the shotgun's effect on the AR15.

I always wanted to put a Keltec PLR on the front. Just seemed fun!

Roger that, I am just trying to learn something new.I never did intend to mount one of these to any of my guns. I just saw some cool factor there and wanted to see what it was.
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]

The XM26 Lightweight Shotgun System started development maybe 2-3 years ago (not sure where the 1980s comment came from). As the X designation indicates, it is still in the experimental stage.

It can also be removed from the M4 and used with a stand-alone stock.
Link Posted: 8/14/2008 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/XM-26_Shotgun.JPG

The XM26 Lightweight Shotgun System started development maybe 2-3 years ago (not sure where the 1980s comment came from). As the X designation indicates, it is still in the experimental stage.

It can also be removed from the M4 and used with a stand-alone stock.

While the master key is new the concept is not.  I remember a company advertising 203 type mounts for 870 and 1100 in the 80's in the back of Soldier of Fortune.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top