Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By theenforcer:
Well I just got C&R FFL & New Form1's got to get CLEO Endorsement Again but at least I know there right & ready to go, I dont see why it would take to long once I send them the correct info the way they want it?, especially when it gets assigned an examiner?

That's why we have these threads, we can get a sense of the avg wait time. Right now it's 3 months. The 8 month thing is clearly an anomaly.. assuming it's real.

Post yours when you get your stamp.
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 8:38:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: theenforcer] [#2]
I sure will, It seems the C & R Process is more Efficient I applied at the same time for my Form 1 & C&R they were received 0n 12-24&25 - 2009. C&R was approved 02-03-10. Makes you wonder?
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I did a little investigating and found out that the Form 1's are assigned by Individual, Trust, Corporation and also by Last Name. So I found my potential examiner and he informed my paperwork is still in Atlanta?
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 9:21:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theenforcer] [#4]
Also I was wondering hypothetically has anyone ever started the process paid $200 , finger prints whole nine  yards  and for whatever reasons had to do new paperwork because of an error and had CLEO refuse to sign and then end up Doing a Trust?
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Also I was wondering hypothetically has anyone ever started the process paid $200 , finger prints whole nine  yards  and for whatever reasons had to do new paperwork because of an error and had CLEO refuse to sign and then end up Doing a Trust?
You would need that signature before you submitted the paperwork, so I think your point is moot.    Especially with a Form 1, you are in complete control of the process all the way until it goes to BATFE.  For example, my local Sheriff is known to smile on machinegun ownership enough that he deigns to sign off on Form 4 applications to buy them.  But he doesn't like silencers or SBRs and makes his personal political preference known by refusing to sign Form 4 transfers or Form 1 making applications.  That made my path to SBR ownership pretty clear: trust or corporation.

Do your local homework before you get any balls rolling; know what your CLEO likes and doesn't like, then apply accordingly.
Link Posted: 2/4/2010 9:51:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theenforcer] [#6]
hoping for the best
Link Posted: 2/7/2010 10:32:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: theenforcer] [#7]
From some reading here & else where if I'm understanding correctly Trusts are no good in Missouri ? and if you have the C&R FFL as Mo. Requires this is the only option Below?

6.2.4 Law enforcement certification. As provided by the regulations, the law enforcement
certification located on the back of Form 1 must be completed and signed by the local chief of police or
county sheriff, the head of the State police, the State or local district attorney or prosecutor, “or such
other person whose certificate may in a particular case be acceptable to the Director.”97 Examples of
certifying officials, other than those specifically mentioned in the regulations, who have been found to
be acceptable are State attorneys general, heads of district State police offices and certain State court
judges. Judges’ certifications have been accepted if the judges preside over courts of general
jurisdiction having original jurisdiction in all civil and criminal cases or the authority to conduct
criminal jury trials in felony cases. Generally, State magistrates and constables do not have such
authority. NOTE: no official’s certification will be accepted unless the official has jurisdiction over the
place where the applicant resides. The signature on each copy of the certification must be an original
signature in ink. NOTE: if the Form 1 being submitted is to reactivate a properly registered
unserviceable firearm, the law enforcement certification is not required. See Section 6.6.
6.2.4.1 What if the proposed maker is unable to find any official in his or her
jurisdiction willing to sign the law enforcement certification? The inability to find any
official to sign the certification will not excuse the requirement for the certification. In that
event, the proposed maker will not be able to obtain an approved Form 1 to lawfully make an
NFA firearm.

Is there a Trust option I heard you can have FFL. In corporation name that will allow trust?
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#8]
just got my stamps back today, 86 days, from day check was cashed..

I used 100% of the titleii.com forms and no problems

(2 stamp gun)

Link Posted: 3/31/2010 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, it has happened at least once.  The CLEO called ATF to revoke his signature on the form due to pressure from a non-signing CLEO in the same county.  ATF got back to the builder and told him about it, he restarted the process with a trust.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#10]
It looks like the ATF is taking comments on a proposed change to Form 1: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/pdf/2010-14337.pdf
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Deadpan:
It looks like the ATF is taking comments on a proposed change to Form 1: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/pdf/2010-14337.pdf

I can't tell from looking at that what they are planning on changing?  Any insight?
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By brianboru:

I can't tell from looking at that what they are planning on changing?  Any insight?

All I know is what was in the FR notice. I dropped a letter in the mail requesting more information. I'll post whatever I get if no one else comes up with anything before I hear back.
Link Posted: 7/1/2010 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got another 2 stamps back, both Form 1s, both from titleii, no issues.. titleii.com is GTG
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jason934:
just got my stamps back today, 86 days, from day check was cashed..

I used 100% of the titleii.com forms and no problems

(2 stamp gun)

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/ironbyron_2008/e4616bde.jpg
View Quote

86 days? Did you paper file?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#17]
See above
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top