Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/18/2007 7:13:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tony_k]
The html to pdf  version of the Form 1 with the Martinsburg WV addy such as appears on the TitleII.com web site is not a valid form.

Apparently when ATF Updated the Form 1, they put their approval signature block on the back. This of course could allow someone to xerox that back of the form with falsified information on the front of the form.

In addition, it has come to my attention that ATF is rejecting the previous version of the Form 1 simply because it had the old address. As of 4-18-07, the only option is to order the printed version of the Form 1 from the ATF website  ATF Forms and either fill it out by hand or type it. If you have submitted the previous version, they will kick it back with a new version of the Form 1 for you to fill out.

The electronic version of the From 4 on the ATF website is also a SNAFU. I have contacted them about it, they replied weeks ago but the wheels of .gov grind incredibly slow.

--C

UPDATE

The Electronic version of the  Form 1 that has the DC addy should be fine since it has the ATF approval signature on the front, the front signature block is the key. The new printed versions do have the WV addy. Continue to use the electronic version located at this link. www.titleii.com/pdf/010205-Form1.pdf Do not use the html to pdf version.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I just found out that the Form 1 mailed to your door from the ATF is also backordered.

Seems to me if they could just fix the link things would be fine.  Guess that's the ATF.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
They just don't want to sell any stamps.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 9:58:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMPrider112] [#3]
Has anyone used the old Form 1 with the old address and had it go through? or is it sort of hit and miss?

Also is there anyway to edit the old form to reflect the new address??
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Hit and miss.  It depends on the examiner.
Link Posted: 5/18/2007 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My most recent From 4 which was approved April 19th had the Chicago address on it.  Most recent From 1 approved March 5th had the Washington DC address on it.

It's hard for me to believe(well maybe not to hard) that they would be kicking back forms where all the information is the same except for the address.  Pure silly assed bureaucracy if that is the case, which I'm sure it is.

How hard could it be to put the correct forms up on the website?
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By gaspipes:
It's hard for me to believe(well maybe not to hard) that they would be kicking back forms where all the information is the same except for the address.

I know of two at this moment bounced for that very reason.

How hard could it be to put the correct forms up on the website?

Apparently it's pretty difficult, I contacted them over a month ago about the problems with the on-line Form 4, it took them a couple of weeks to reply. Probably take them a year to fix it. Also, the owner of the TitleII.com website had been on their case.

Link Posted: 5/19/2007 3:03:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: johnnyrebel] [#7]
so the form 1 i sent off yesterday will probally bounce back, what can i do to get it going again? resubmit it? can i just scan a old approved form 1 and remove the info and add for the new info? print it and be GTG?

also the form 1 atf E-form 1 (5320.1) was revised july 2004, good until 7-31-2007
does this have any complications to the other form 1's that were approved in my name?
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn this is just great. I have a $480 Ak receiver just waiting on it  to become a $680 AK receiver.
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know when they'll have the new version online?
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 8:45:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The version with the signature box on the back, is "probably" going to become the permanent version, due to some new software ATF is using for their "E-Forms".

I don't fell like going in to too much detail, but the forms with the signature on the back SHOULD NOT be getting rejected.  I tried to address this when the last thread about it popped up a couple of weeks ago, but it apparently didn't work.  I'll try to get this fixed next week.    If you know who has sent one of these back recently, please post who it was.
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 8:53:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RenegadeX] [#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2007 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I fill out the info from Title II and when I downloaded and try to open the file nothing is there. Damn I cant win. LOL
Link Posted: 5/20/2007 2:44:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MtDew69] [#13]

Originally Posted By Dan-P:
If you know who has sent one of these back recently, please post who it was.

Originally Posted By MtDew69:

a few posts from another site

Mon Apr 16, 2007
I got a letter from NFA branch today. As I opened it up looking for a tax stamp I found out my package had been kicked back. Get this they sent me a new form one and told me that their electronic version that I printed on the 21st of March was not valid because it did not have the ATF signiture block on the front of the form. Has anyone else had this problem???

Mon Apr 23, 2007
I sent in my Form 1 for SBR March 24th.
Today I recieved a letter from W. Shipman stating that I had used the wrong version of the form 1.
I had used the 2004 updated digital form 1 from the ATF web page.
I returned to the ATF web site today and the form 1 link has been removed. Has anyone else experienced this problem with form 1 versions?
Kevin

Mon Apr 23, 2007
The form 1 on that web site is wrong as well. Mr Shipman stated that the ATF signature block MUST be on the front page. As of right now I do not know of a correct version in a electronic form.
Thanks for your imput though.
Kevin

Mon Apr 23, 2007
I just looked at the copies of the 2 Form 1's that I sent in on March 30th. It appears that I may have the same problem, though I've received no letter as of yet. Leave to the fucking government to post the wrong form on the web!  Looks like I'll be calling the ATF in the morning too. Thanks for making my day!  
Jeff

Sat Apr 28, 2007
Just got my "ah shit" letter from the ATF in the mail today.  Do I have to send back the old forms when I send in the new and improved ones or just shit can them?
Jeff

Wed May 02, 2007 3:12 pm    
I made copies of everything and sent them the old forms as well the new forms that they sent.

Who signed your letter?
Mr Shipman was my reviewer.

Wed May 02, 2007 5:34 pm
Thanks! Shipman signed my letter too. He must be the official form inspector or something. I sent the forms back by next day mail on Monday, which means from Lost in the North Woods, Wisconsin, they got there today! Hopefully I'll have them back in a couple of weeks.

Jeff

So does this mean the four form 1's I currently have cooking (DC addy) will be kicked back to me?
Link Posted: 5/22/2007 9:50:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50bmg50] [#14]
I have been looking at these "wrong Form 1" posts for sometime now and I figured that I would weigh in.  I had a Form 1 approved on April 20th with the signature on the back.  I have another Form 1 pending that has the signature on the back.  It went pending on May 17th.  I have post up at the end of the week if I hear anything.
Link Posted: 5/22/2007 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By RenegadeX:
Email me if you want the correct form 1 in PDF format.
Is your version "fillable" or do you have to print it and fill it out by hand?
Link Posted: 5/22/2007 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By CS223:

UPDATE

The Electronic version of the  Form 1 that has the DC addy should be fine since it has the ATF approval signature on the front, the front signature block is the key. The new printed versions do have the WV addy. Continue to use the electronic version located at this link. www.titleii.com/pdf/010205-Form1.pdf Do not use the html to pdf version.

Thats good to hear.
Link Posted: 5/23/2007 12:32:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By DaFuzz62:
I spoke to the examiner processing mine yesterday and asked her if I needed to resubmit the correct Form 1.  I sent in the form with the signature on back.  She told me that they are accepting BOTH forms since it was THEIR fault that the wrong form was posted.  I faxed her my compliance letter and she said I was approved and the stamp was on the way! WOOOHOOO!!!!  

Link Posted: 5/29/2007 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Well I received my Form 1 with a stamp on it today and,,,,  it had the sig on the back.  Approved May 24th, 2007.  Looks like they are taking both, at least for now...
Link Posted: 5/31/2007 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#19]
They kicked my Form 1 back to me about 2 months ago, I had sent the one in with the signature block on the back.  The examinor told me it was all but approved, just needed the updated form and she would kick it thru quickly once she received it.  She did so, got the stamp about a week after I sent in the new form.  Maybe now they are just accepting them since they got so many in with the block on the back...
Link Posted: 6/4/2007 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I just sent off a form 1 today that I printed from the TitleII site.  I sent it to the Martinsburg, WV address.  What are my odds of this being accepted?
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Got my "your forms are backordered" letter in the mail today.

Link Posted: 6/6/2007 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#22]
I used the Form 1 located at http://www.titleii.com/pdf/010205-Form1.pdf.  The old form, with the signature on the front. Sent it off to Martinsburg, West Virginia on May 2, 2007.  Received back approved June 4, 2007.
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 10:25:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Update!  ATF sent me 12 new form 1s in the mail today!
Link Posted: 6/7/2007 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By anjan9:
I used the Form 1 located at http://www.titleii.com/pdf/010205-Form1.pdf.  The old form, with the signature on the front. Sent it off to Martinsburg, West Virginia on May 2, 2007.  Received back approved June 4, 2007.

I just printed out the form from your link.  Any reason why it won't work for me guys?
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#25]
The form 1 I sent had the signature block on the front and listed the address as NFA BATF with the only address as Washington DC 20226.  Here is is www.titleii.com/pdf/NewF1.pdf

I sent it there and according to the online tracking It is undeliverable there.  This sucks......I now see other forms with 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25401?

When my form comes back from DC can I send it to the WV address even if the form itself will have DC on it?

I have determined that the information and this whole process is nothing but red tape.  Hopfully it is worth it.

What's with all the conflicting addresses and information.

WHERE DOES IT GO?
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 12:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MtDew69] [#26]

Originally Posted By kilo639:
WHERE DOES IT GO?

To WV...

That's the old form w/ the old address. The address on the form means nothing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks....I guess mine will be slowed down some.  I guess I shouldn't stress over it anyway because my barrel will not be ready for a few months anyway........Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#28]
My tracking infor indicates that it was delivered to the listed DC address today.  I wonder what will happen with my packet if this is in fact the "old" address?
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 5:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#29]
Delete
Link Posted: 6/26/2007 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Good news.......although I sent the packet to D.C. it was automatically routed correctly to W.V. I spoke with someone from NFA last week and it's in the system and my check was cashed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2007 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Getting ready to send in Form 1's from title11, they have the WV address, signature on the BACK and are marked E-Form on the bottom. Will this form be ok, or do I need to use a different form. Are they still "kicking" these back? WTF?
Link Posted: 7/7/2007 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By rollin_hot:
Getting ready to send in Form 1's from title11, they have the WV address, signature on the BACK and are marked E-Form on the bottom. Will this form be ok, or do I need to use a different form. Are they still "kicking" these back? WTF?

You would probably be safer going with the 'updated' Form 1 that has the signature box on the front. Those are on the Title II website. It can be reached by going directly to the PDF (its still fillable). Don't use the html fill-> .pdf form.
Link Posted: 7/29/2007 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#33]
so does the 7/31/07 date matter on the form?
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Not that I know of, Both of the ones with the WV address have that same date on it (one with the sig. on front and sig. on back).
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 12:19:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Xskier45] [#35]
So now I have form 1's with the West V. address, and the DC address.  I'm getting confused as hell.  Where do I send my stuff to?  WV or DC?

And is there anything particular I need to write on the check for $200 besides the date, amount, and who it's made out to?
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Originally Posted By Xskier45:
So now I have form 1's with the West V. address, and the DC address.  I'm getting confused as hell.  Where do I send my stuff to?  WV or DC?

And is there anything particular I need to write on the check for $200 besides the date, amount, and who it's made out to?

All form 1's have been mailing to WV for over a year now!!!!  I would use the one's with the WV address on them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 4:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#37]

I used this form with WV addy and sent to WV: users.rcn.com/thejackal/sampleforms/trust_form1.pdf

Nothing needs to be on the check, but you can add something in the memo section if you want some kind of reference.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok I'm just gonna send everything to WV.  If I'm going the trust route, do I need to fill out anything on the second (back page) of the Form 1 aside from my signature and the date?

And in the applicants name and address on the first page, do I need to put the name of my trust or my name?

Thanks for the help guys!
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Ok I'm just gonna send everything to WV.  If I'm going the trust route, do I need to fill out anything on the second (back page) of the Form 1 aside from my signature and the date?

And in the applicants name and address on the first page, do I need to put the name of my trust or my name?

Thanks for the help guys!

The link I gave you is a sample of a filled out Form 1 using a trust.  Apply your pertinent info.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Awesome...Thanks Dump!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Has anyone recently had a Form 1 approved with the signature on the back of the page?  I used the forms on the ATF website and then I read this thread.  Mine was mailed about a month ago, I'm not sure I can handle any delays!  Figures the forms on the .gov site would be wrong
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Not sure, would like to know myself.  I have 2 sets filled out with the sig on the back waiting to go in the mail (when I get the $400).  Dan P said it should be ok and that they would probally be making that 1 the permanent 1.
Link Posted: 8/27/2007 1:26:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By JAD:

You would probably be safer going with the 'updated' Form 1 that has the signature box on the front. Those are on the Title II website. It can be reached by going directly to the PDF (its still fillable). Don't use the html fill-> .pdf form.

Can somebody email me the Form 1 with the WV address and signature on the front????

The Titleii site pdf file won't open up. And the ATF site says order it at a web link.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/28/2007 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Talked to the folks at Needy Road today.  They said the old form 1 with sig. on back was fine, and still what they had there.  It had to be one page (Front and Back).  Also all I had for fingers where FD-258, not 258LE, they said that was fine, but to change the ORI from GAATF0100 to WVATF0800/ATF-NFA Branch/Martinsburg WV and I was good to go.  I asked about the new form 1,s, since I keep getting backorderd from the documents office.  They indicated they did not know why they are backordered adn they had them there (Needy Road) and they would mail them to me today.  I asked what form it was and they stated "5320.1 Revised July 2004"

Go Figure.

Dan
Link Posted: 9/4/2007 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#45]
OK, I received the new Form 1's today.  I don't understand that after my conversation on 28th said they still had the old ones to send out.

Actually, I don't know what they thought.  They sent me something like 10 Form 1's, 10 Form 4's, a big stack of Fingerprint cards and too many 922 compliance sheets to count.

I guess I will be set for awhile, unless I get a large grant toi spend on tax stamps.

Dan
Link Posted: 9/7/2007 12:09:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mikeintx] [#46]
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and the NFA rules etc.  I have done my Willmaker Trust and got everything notorized.  I used this Form 1 link: users.rcn.com/thejackal/sampleforms/trust_form1.pdf

I called the ATF to make sure I had the correct forms and what they needed since it sounds like things can change and even different examiners may require different things according to different posters.  So I wanted to hear from them direct.  I spoke with someone that wanted the Declaration of Trust and not the Certificate of Trust.  Then he stated that they need whatever document that spells out exactly how things are in the trust such as powers, duties, etc.  Then he said well some states call the paperwork different things.  Then I spoke with another one because I had forgotten to ask a question and was told she wasn't sure because all the examiners had gone home.  I was also told I had to have a Certificate of Compliance by both.  I will be mailing my packet out tomorrow.  Just an FYI, I was also told that some of the forms have the wrong zip code etc.  I was told that this is the correct address:

National Firearms Act Branch
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
244 Needy Road Ste. 1250
Martinsburg, WV 25405-9431

As always, things can change.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Of course i was told 25401 not 05.
I hope it works.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By girard:
Of course i was told 25401 not 05.
I hope it works.

Worked for me both times.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 3:31:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 85blazer] [#50]
OK so I send the Updated form from the 1st post with the DC address to:

National Firearms Act Branch
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
244 Needy Road Ste. 1250
Martinsburg, WV 25405-9431

and how important is the Overall"? is 28.5 cool...
My barrel will be 10.5 but I have no way to measure it since it is not built.
Thanks

ETA:I called RRA and they said the OAL with the 10.5" upper is 26.5"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top