Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2017 10:36:34 AM EDT
I bought a 1858 Remington from cabelas to shoot and discovered the barrel was very thin in places. I contacted Pietta about it and they said send it to EMF they will repair at no charge. Great so I send it to EMF no word for weeks. I have to involve Peitta again so EMF would contact me. The gun smith at EMF contacts me and says he replaced the barrel and laughed well its not perfect he said but its already in the mail. It arrived yesterday with tool marks on the barrel and a huge rust ring about halfway down inside. Not perfect indeed I feel EMF and Pietta screwed me . Pietta because I ask for the gun to be replaced not repaired  Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you buy it on a card?  charge that sucker back, or raise hell with cabbalas.....  that is BS!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]
No i used cash I guess I just screwed. Lesson learned no deals with EMF or Pietta.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]
This is one of those times you keep complaining until the issues are resolved.

Don't let them get away with it and just take it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not yet quit but I fear its a losing battle. Not much good said about either one of them on the web.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
For a black powder handgun, Cabela's should be able to simply be willing trade the bad one for a new one.  Unless this was purchased as used or something like the bargain barn?  Like the other guy said, make noise until someone fixes it for you.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have not yet quit but I fear its a losing battle. Not much good said about either one of them on the web.
View Quote
dam... 

i have a pietta '58 that has been great, also bought it at Cabala's.... Is there anything you can do at Cabala's if you have a receipt?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes i still have the receipt but the Ft Worth Cabelas says deal with Pietta. Pietta and EMF have agreed to replace it after many emails to both. I do not think It should have been this hard to get this done still not one shot fired yet,
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Cabela's is going out of business, so they may be unwilling to help. EMF sucks, I sent a pistol in to have a firing pin ( I thinks it's called washer?) put back into the frame.
They sent it back and said that they will no longer work on the pistol, that the hole was oversized. I bought it from them but they determine what they will warranty.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes i still have the receipt but the Ft Worth Cabelas says deal with Pietta. Pietta and EMF have agreed to replace it after many emails to both. I do not think It should have been this hard to get this done still not one shot fired yet,
View Quote
Well that's good. Hoping this is just a wires crossed issue. It's also entirely possible that EMF fubar'd their end and pietta now had to deal with them. not defending pietta, but I have not heard bad things about them in the CS department. 

Hope you get an new one soon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top