Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2017 10:11:31 AM EDT
I've started back on my early Lancaster build and I've started looking into a shooting bag and horn to accompany it. Looking for a good maker for historically correct bags. Any suggestion? 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Roll your own
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have a source for good vegetable tanned leather
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Springfield Leather These are great people to deal with for leather supplys, they have about anything you need and good prices.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out the CLA website. Best of the best over there!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
These guys are loaded with stuff, and they have some nice horns.
October Country

These guys are very helpful. They helped my wife when she bought my bag for my birthday.
Track of the Wolf

These are the guys that made my bag if you want to deal directly.
The Leatherman
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#6]
A good friend of mine has made several award winning horns (Dixon Gunmakers fair). Let me know if you want me to put you in contact with him. I have a few of his horns I can take pictures of. Not sure what he has for horn stock but I can ask.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Landwerlen in Indianapolis.  It's like stepping into a time capsule.

365 S Illinois St, Indianapolis, IN 46225
Hours: Open today · 8AM–5PM
Phone: (317) 636-8300

If you go to Conner Prairie, you can take 5 day of classes and make your own bag (under Master Ken Scott) and your own horn (probably under Horn Guild Master Art deCamp).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top