Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 5:31:47 PM EDT
What is the nipple thread on a nipple for a Lymans Plains rifle and a Thompson center Hawken rifle.  Both .50 cal.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
FUUUUUU
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
OP....you had one job!
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I wasn't expecting a GD response.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]

6-.75 thread for the Lyman. I have had a couple of the GPR's over the years. My absolute favorite muzzleloader.
I'll let you you look up the TC spec.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Lets see if I can do this right.nipple
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

6-.75 thread for the Lyman. I have had a couple of the GPR's over the years. My absolute favorite muzzleloader.
I'll let you you look up the TC spec.
View Quote

My first muzzle loader I built was a CVA mountain rifle kit.   I shot it for 25 years.   The lock spring broke for the third time.  There were 3 different spring for that gun. I happened to have teh rarest one.   After I could not find a new spring I decided to get a GPR.   It has been a love hate relationship..  The percussion cap does not always go off on the first try.  I have tried 3 different nipples on the gun. and it always the same thing.  One of the guys at the Muzzleloader club has had the same problem and he took a lathe to the nipple and turn his down just a little bit.   I don't have a lathe so I will take a file to the nipple.  

I picked up a used TC hawken and would like a new nipple for it to have as a spare.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#7]
As a general rule I always found what drill bit size would fit as tight as possible and still go through the hole on the end that threads into the drum. Then I drilled it out with the next bigger size. I use a little bit of never seize on the clean out screw so I can remove it after every range/hunting session. This allows me to be able to be sure the entire breech area is thoroughly clean as well as the barrel.
I have several thousand rounds through my GPRs with fewer than a handful of misfires or hang fires. I think it is due the level of care and cleaning I apply to my muzzleloaders. Also I try to use the hottest caps I can find, ie the CCI #11m. Although recommended for the replica powders, I find it works just fine with the Holy Black. Prior to the #11m, I always used the CCI #11 caps as they gave me the most reliable ignition over the years. ymmv
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top