Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2016 12:36:28 AM EDT
Took my fifth relief carving class and this time my instructor was Jack Brooks.  Under Jack's tutelage, I am beginning to understand rococo design and with some practice, can draw it.  It was also faster to stamp out the design and relieve the background.  He ground a chisel that allowed me to relieve the background on a C-scroll much faster too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Took my fifth relief carving class and this time my instructor was Jack Brooks.  Under Jack's tutelage, I am beginning to understand rococo design and with some practice, can draw it.  It was also faster to stamp out the design and relieve the background.  He ground a chisel that allowed me to relieve the background on a C-scroll much faster too.
View Quote
I just watched Jack Brooks DVD on relief carving. I wish I was close enough to attend one of his classes..

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
He also teaches in May at Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) during the NMLRA Gunbuilding classes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you give tips on the tool?  In one of his vids on youtube he uses a rounded chisel for relief that look real slick.  Can't tell if its flat or gouge but the tip is rounded.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top