Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2016 4:28:03 PM EDT
I bought this on Gunbroker about a month ago and just received it today.  Pretty cool having such and old piece of history in hand.

The lock is marked:

US
R. JOHNSON
MIDDN CONN

The "R. JOHNSON" mark is very faint in the center and the N in "MIDDN" is slightly smaller and is a superscript, denoting an abbreviation.

The bore is smooth with a little rust, but it doesn't appear to be pitted.  I have a cheap bore scope on the way and will 'scope it out when it arrives.

There are two faint but visible carouches on the left side flat.  The seller said it was an arsenal conversion and I have not reason to guess otherwise at this point.

Any experts in this field that can offer any info or opinions?  Thanks!

Rob
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice! I love history. I dont know anything about the M1836 but, I have a R&JD Johnson M1816 dated 1835. It has a Belgium cone conversion that looks very much like yours. Great find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top