Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2016 10:36:26 PM EDT
Are these any good? I don't know anything about these.

Local fun shop has one for $400.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#1]
FO!

Assuming it's not in dogshit condition, you will not find one any cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
yep if its not rusted it out.. I would buy it..

I own one already and its pretty awesome for a cva
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, it's almost brand new. I was wondering about the quality of the the gun. Google search turned up almost nothing about them. I found some talk about lock parts being soft on CVA's but not sure if applicable to this particular gun or not.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok, it's almost brand new. I was wondering about the quality of the the gun. Google search turned up almost nothing about them. I found some talk about lock parts being soft on CVA's but not sure if applicable to this particular gun or not.
View Quote

i have never had an issue with the sxs just keep it clean.. I used it for used hunting pheasant over gsp's  with a  number 6 shot 1 1/4 oz load using 2f goex powder and cci primer. i used the cva wad plastic i found a box of them at a gun store that was going out of business so purchased them all. The over the felt wads i never had luck with patterning them.

A guy i hunted with over the years always asked me to purchase it.. hes a huge black powder guy that does civil war reenactments he prefers to hunt with black powder over anything else.  

The only issue you have to watch out for is the front of the stock is very thin and can crack but so far mine hasnt done it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are these any good? I don't know anything about these.

Local fun shop has one for $400.
View Quote

I HAVE A NICE Pedersoli SxS that I like but if I came across that price, I would have a nice Pedersoli AND a nice CVA!!

Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top