Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2016 5:49:54 PM EDT
I was just browsing through the local antique store and spotted a .45 caliber black powder pistol, or so said the tag, it was almost certainly not actually an antique, but from what little I saw of it it appeared in good shape.  It's muzzle loading and has an external side lock hammer but it was turned on the wrong side for me to see if it was flintlock or percussion.  It was $119, I almost asked to see it because I wouldn't mind having one for giggles but then I second guessed if I wanted to spend the money then got to wondering what it would actually be worth, if that was even a good price or not.  All I could tell was that it had an octagon barrel and a fairly bulbous stock and appeared to be complete and in very nice shape and had a roughly T shaped brass plate on the facing (left) side.  Is $119 too much, just right, or a steal?  Obviously we're speaking in generalities since I have know idea who the maker is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
There's so much possible variation it's impossible to tell w/o seeing a pic and or knowing the brand and model.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's so much possible variation it's impossible to tell w/o seeing a pic and or knowing the brand and model.
View Quote

I kind of figured as much, I'll try to get more detail tommorow, in the meantime I was kind of looking for a low end ballpark for a generic pistol, would $120 be a reasonable number, sight unseen?  I.E. Are there some that are just so terrible they are not even worth that?
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, I took a look at it today.  It IS a cap lock, but the nipple looks strange, it is mounted in some kind of a drum looking thing screwed into the side of the barrel, a flintlock conversation maybe?  The brand is "Jukarspain."  Got the price down to $115, go or no go?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OK, I took a look at it today.  It IS a cap lock, but the nipple looks strange, it is mounted in some kind of a drum looking thing screwed into the side of the barrel, a flintlock conversation maybe?  The brand is "Jukarspain."  Got the price down to $115, go or no go?
View Quote
hmm... again, pictures

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics would help.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Jukar is the bargain brand for MLs.

It'll be caplock, not a conversion.

A little over $100 is absolutely the most I'd pay for it if it's in great condition.  Preferably less than that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top