Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2016 8:53:01 AM EDT

is this barrel a lost cause?
can it be fixed?
it doesn't line up to any lock I've tried.
this is the original CVA lock that goes with it
the nipple/drum is just at the wrong angle.

these are test fitted into a traditions stock (my nice kentucky pistol) just to satisfy my own curiosity in the photo.
the barrel and lock go to an old very poorly done Jukar kit gun I got about 10 years ago for $40 at a LGS (it was already built)
I'd like to rebuild the gun with a new stock and a few other replacement parts I got from deercreekproducts.net
I'm already into the project by too much money to turn back, so if I have to hunt for a new barrel I will, but I'd like to use this one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Can the drum be screwed in a little farther?  The angles look like that's all it would take.  I assume it IS screwed into the barrel.  If not IN, can you take it OUT and then sand the shoulders to get it so it can get in a bit more?

Rob
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I got it... but it's mangled
I hope I can just sand down the outside of the drum to get the tooth marks out. My wrench rounded off the flats so I resorted to vise grips lol
It took a ton of force to move it a hair. I assume the threads are rusted together.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top