Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2016 10:14:25 AM EDT

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice, how about a little background.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice, how about a little background.
View Quote

125 years old +. Lock is 1861.. the carbine was put together either the 1870s or at the latest 1880s. Due to the shortage of carbines this one is a altered rifle at arsenal the 3 groove rifling gives it away. Purpose made carbines had a 5 groove. As is some of the stock features.

Bore is mint.. the only issue it was lacking a sear spring. Someone had jerry rigged a coil spring and set it against it in the lock cut out. Once i took the lock out for initial inspection and cleaning .. i said oh ..great.

Good news its all sorted.. got a replacement spring from dixie, and after some hand fileing on the new sear spring to get it to fit properly its all set. This carbine makes a great companion to my Snider Dominion of Canada issued rifle
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#3]
beautiful rifle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The photos look fantastic on this forum, too.  : )

I just bought a very similar one at auction yesterday and I can hardly wait to receive it.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:21:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's mine

Rob
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 1:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

beautiful rifle.

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top