Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2016 10:53:57 AM EDT

Looking for something I can stick an aimpoint on for hunting in LBJ grasslands.

Any muzzleloaders out there have a picatinny rail?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen any that come from the factory but I am pretty sure the Remington 700ML uses the same bases as the cartridge version. Most inline muzzleloaders could easily be drilled and tapped to take a picatinny rail. I'm more of a traditional guy myself so this is out of my area of expertise.?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I am not very handy mounting rails, and the gunsmiths in my area pretty much suck as far as I can tell. The last time I had something like done they drilled though the receiver and screwed the screwed into the bolt. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't cycle until I saw what they did.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Where you at? It shouldn't be too hard to find a mount and gun combo that will work or a competent gunsmith.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:04:01 PM EDT
[#4]
A little Google finds several companies making rails for CVA and Traditions. I didn't try other brands. Williams for one makes several. I think you need to pick a muzzleloader you like and see if a mount is made for it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where you at? It shouldn't be too hard to find a mount and gun combo that will work or a competent gunsmith.
View Quote

North Dallas area.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have not seen any that come from the factory but I am pretty sure the Remington 700ML uses the same bases as the cartridge version. Most inline muzzleloaders could easily be drilled and tapped to take a picatinny rail. I'm more of a traditional guy myself so this is out of my area of expertise.?
View Quote

The 700 ML uses any Remington 700 Short Action accessory/rail/scope mount.   Its drilled and tapped.  You only need to remove the filler screws and put the desired mount/rings/bases on.    I've done a number of them.  Easy.     Remember lock tight the screws and its bullet proof.

Also, www.badgerridgeind.com  has the bee's knees of a 209 conversion.  Seals up all the blow back and works with any black powder substitute:  even blackhorn 209 (which gives better performance than anyother bp substitute).

Hope it helps,

Tom
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]
i have a CVA Wolf that i found an aftermarket rail that mounts in the scope threads.  It also has a peep site in the rear, which is a big improvment over the dovetail halfway down the barrel.
Im going to get a burris fastfire for it before the season starts.  Love this little smoke pole.
http://www.eabco.net/PeepRib-Muzzle-Loader-Sights_c_2712.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Some first semester guys at TSJC are going to put a rail on a Trapper as well as a laser sight.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Depending on the rail, you might have to either flatten the rail (mill it) or make a radiused base for the rail so it can sit flat atop the barrel (that also depends on the barrel's configuation).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top