Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2016 12:50:40 PM EDT
The latest round of Muslim riots in Europe got me thinking about the renewed viability of handgonnes and how they can be deployed by the disarmed local population. Handgonnes can be made extremely easily and cheaply - just drill a steel or a brass bar with a 1/2" bit and drill a small perpendicular hole to touch it off. One can mount it on a cane, stick or on a piece of 2x4. Due to a short barrel, they are fairly quick and easy to load. Loading components can be made or obtained - BP is sold in stores in Europe and lead balls can be cast. Or, load it with a rock of appropriate diameter. I can definitely see such a device being used against rioters.

For more info on handgonnes and shooting them, the best page to turn to is :

http://musketeer.ch/blackpowder/bp_menu.html
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Id like a nice one to play with but if I was in Europe I would go with as many 1858 Remington revolvers and extra cylinders I could afford to have around. But if enough guys like this were assembled it could get interesting
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
>OP<, Thanks, Great Link.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
STEN is what they gonne need.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
STEN is what they gonne need.
View Quote

Avtomat Kalishnakova
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe we could air drop some liberators to them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#6]
One shot then the horde runs you down. Also, where did OP get the idea BP is "sold in stores in Europe"?  The linked website <dot> CZ has recipes for making your own BP. Living in Germany for nine years and visiting every country I Central/Western Europe I never saw any BP for sale.  In Great Britain, members of the Sealed Knot and such do buy BP but under VERY limited and controlled conditions.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#7]
can they have bp revolvers?
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

can they have bp revolvers?
View Quote

It depends on the country. One of the best BP-related Youtube channels is put out by a guy in Budapest, Hungary.

Capandball on Youtube
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top