Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2015 1:22:57 PM EDT
A friend of mine lent me this rifle to get a jump on hunting this year.  Needless to say, it fires true and the bullet goes exactly where I expect it. Wwhat else could you ask for, right? Well, for starters, I would like the hammer to go all the way forward when I pull the trigger.  Here's the deal:

Normally, when I squeeze the trigger, the trigger seems to stop at half cock.  However, if I bring the hammer back, hold it and depress the trigger and rock the hammer all the way forward and then bring it back, the hammer will strike the firing pin.  Under normal hunting conditions, this isn't good.  Fortunately, the deer that I've gotten have been over 100 yards away and I've had the time to fiddle with the hammer.  Does anybody know of a fix that I can do for my friend?  I think that it would be awesome to return his rifle working better than when he loaned it to me.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A friend of mine lent me this rifle to get a jump on hunting this year.  Needless to say, it fires true and the bullet goes exactly where I expect it. Wwhat else could you ask for, right? Well, for starters, I would like the hammer to go all the way forward when I pull the trigger.  Here's the deal:

Normally, when I squeeze the trigger, the trigger seems to stop at half cock.  However, if I bring the hammer back, hold it and depress the trigger and rock the hammer all the way forward and then bring it back, the hammer will strike the firing pin.  Under normal hunting conditions, this isn't good.  Fortunately, the deer that I've gotten have been over 100 yards away and I've had the time to fiddle with the hammer.  Does anybody know of a fix that I can do for my friend?  I think that it would be awesome to return his rifle working better than when he loaned it to me.
View Quote

call Traditions and get a work order for repair.
this isn't something to mess around with.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking that I'd just buy a trigger assembly if it's available.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was thinking that I'd just buy a trigger assembly if it's available.
View Quote

call Traditions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top