Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 7:40:38 PM EDT
Howdy!

I am thinking about fitting a large Siler percussion to my large Siler flint. I'll make my own drum so I can switch
back & forth between flint & percussion. Since I am new to caps, which cap is the best performing in y'alls
opinion?

Cap size #10 or #11?

Dynamit-Nobel / RWS ?

CCI?

Remington?

Which flash cup style do you like or hate?

Thanks in advance! :)
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#1]
#11 are easier to find in my part of the world. As are CCI and Remington's.  None of my cap locks have a flash cup.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If you find #10 caps I would appreciate where.  They are non-existent here.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought #10s were for pistols.

Anyway, given the choice of brands- stick with the CCI.   edited to add: i have not used the others you mentioned so no experience.
I missed a deer because a Remington cap misfired.  Had a whole tin that were about %50 reliable.  I used them on the range and bought CCIs for hunting.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Around here, we only ever see #11 caps and Musket caps.  #10's are somewhat rare.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I've thought about the musket caps too. I hear that they are supposed to be hotter than the
#11's or the magnums.....
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
They are.  But it's more of a military grade thing to insure ignition.
You'll need a bigger nipple, though.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I would not mind having to go to a bigger nipple at all....

Harharharhar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top