Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2015 2:58:58 AM EDT
Am I correct in understanding that the load data for pyrodex is identical to black powder? Ie can I use 35 gr by volume of FFg with a 250 gr bullet to load 45 colt with? I would normally use 777 in cartridges because its more consistent but I like how the pyrodex makes more smoke like real holy black does and smells closer to the same. I do use 777 for my 45-70 because its more accurate however.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:48:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Since you want the smoke and the smell why not load some real black powder ?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:59:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since you want the smoke and the smell why not load some real black powder ?
View Quote

If you can tell me where to find some in Alaska I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you in Anchorage or can you get there? Check Alaska Shooters Supply. Also my dad said that the new cabellas had some a while back.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:19:45 AM EDT
[#5]
No I'm in Fairbanks. I hear some people have some up here but I haven't really searched out individuals yet. I want to get to the end of my pyrodex before that as I want to burn everything up before I leave in two years.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:02:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Got ya, I totaly understand. When I moved down to the states bringing all my gun stuff was a pain as I needed shipped as I couldn't take it through Canada without a hassle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top