Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2015 11:58:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
"Austin & Halleck 420 .50 caliber
It has been some five consecutive Austin & Halleck 420s that have broken the 1 MOA barrier for me, day in and day out. The beefy, one inch, half octagonal barrel apparently functions as a second recoil lug. As soft-shooting as it is with a very good Bold trigger, it is difficult to shoot poorly. 100 grains of Triple Seven FFg and a 348 or 405 grain Powerbelt bullet gets it sub MOA, and a 375 grain Buffalo SSB or 340 grain Dead Center shrinks it below that." -Chuck Hawks

I got this quote from Chuck Hawk's article 'Most Accurate Muzzleloaders'
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
For hunting, find one load (perhaps 60 gr) and learn how it shoots at 25, 50, 75, 100 and 150 yards.

If you stay on the range, you can actually shoot with only 30 grains FF too.  It doesn't take that much powder to launch a round ball down range.

I'd also get a metal range rod.  Wood ones can break and if they break while you're loading, you can get impaled.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top