Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 1:42:13 PM EDT
has this been done ? can it even work because of the design of the gun ? and any references to it in the late 19 th century ?

dagg . . . .
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
There were some made after the civil war period that were pinfire. I don't think any were converted to cartridge, but I could be quite wrong. I'm aware of no factory conversions available today, short of a custom job. I had a cylinder made up that takes a short .45 round that is generally unavailable, and I seldom use it anyway. Plus the shotgun barrel, if it were breech-loading would probably run into some sort of ring of ATF hell. It would be pretty cool, though!

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Cartridge conversions were possible although they were/are all custom jobs.

A TV conversion of one can be seen in the series Johnny Ringo, which was converted to fire .44 rimfire, you can find some info and pictures of it here.

I've always thought it would be fun to convert one of the uberti builds, however with their thousand dollar price tag it is quite far down the list of projects for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top