Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2014 10:55:45 PM EDT
Is the original Savage 10ML worth anything?  I'm talking about the original, the one that requires a 4473 and background check when sold from an FFL because it is easy to convert to centerfire, not the 10ML II that used a shorter action and does not require a 4473 and background check.

I've come across one but have no idea what the price should be and can't find much info on the original 10ML.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I would stay clear of a 10ML. if I did buy one I would not use smokeless in it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Were there problems with them?

Looking at Gunbroker the 10ML II seems to sell at a premium, I just couldn't find much on the 10ML
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Looking at Gunbroker the 10ML II seems to sell at a premium, I just couldn't find much on the 10ML
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

there were numerous questions regarding the guns. some were blown to bits. one well known outdoor writer was involved in one of the fuse lightings I believe.
like I said, I would not shoot smokeless in it. but it will probably shoot BP and 777 all day long and do a great job of it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

there were numerous questions regarding the guns. some were blown to bits. one well known outdoor writer was involved in one of the fuse lightings I believe.
like I said, I would not shoot smokeless in it. but it will probably shoot BP and 777 all day long and do a great job of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If loaded with reasonable amounts there's no way one could blow up.  A plastic sabot is not going to hold that kind of pressure.

Now if way too much of the wrong powder was used...

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If loaded with reasonable amounts there's no way one could blow up.  A plastic sabot is not going to hold that kind of pressure.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is a gun that was advertised for smokeless powder. all bets are off.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/firearm-review-forum/297093-another-savage-ml10-blows.html

http://randywakeman.com/HowToBlowUpASavage10ML.htm

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#7]
The blowing up on these guns was a set up.  I wouldn't worry about shooting smokeless powder in it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I think a lot of them were people shooting 100gr of smokeless powder when you were used to shooting 100 gr of pyrodex, rather than the 40-60gr.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think a lot of them were people shooting 100gr of smokeless powder when you were used to shooting 100 gr of pyrodex, rather than the 40-60gr.
View Quote

this goes beyond the mess of Bridges and others.
if a person does shoot smokeless in these, they damn well need to be experienced.
the gun might be the best thing ever designed, but smokeless and black powder or equivilent are the ying and the yang.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top