Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 7:56:14 PM EDT
Anybody got a Pedersoli LeMat that they shoot regularly?

I got one and didn't get loading data for it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Just fill the chambers to about 1/8 inch from full then seat a ball.  Believe mine uses 454 balls.  Use loose black powder not pellets.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought pellets required hotter ignition like from a shotgun primer.  A cap may not do it.  Stick with Holy Black or at least Pyrodex (but not pellets).
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought pellets required hotter ignition like from a shotgun primer.  A cap may not do it.  Stick with Holy Black or at least Pyrodex (but not pellets).
View Quote

A cap will do it just fine. Fill the cylinder just about full with 3f, then ram a ball down on top of it.

As for the 20 ga barrel, 70 grains of 2f and an ounce of shot will work.

This guy loaded the shotgun barrel with 120 grains of 2f if he is telling the truth.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the idea of the pellets though.  Has anyone tried them in a LeMat?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend gave me a tin of the pistol pellets. I tried them in my LeMat. Velocities were a little higher. Accuracy suffered a bit. No clue about the shotgun barrel, though. Really didn't want to run an undersized pellet under a projectile and see if it imitates an unseated ball. Aside from that, ignition with CCI 10s was consistant. I just don't really see the point and I'm not a big fan of pyrodex generally. But if it were the only option and I didn't want to use the shotgun barrel, I'd use them I suppose.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I have only loaded the shot gun barrel twice , yet have enjoyed the piece many other times .
The .44 is accurate enough for pistol engagement .
In a combat environment the shot gun could come in handy .
My hammer nose tends to fold up and not bust the cap
I have never used a pellet only loose powder .
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Anybody have the recommended load for the big tube shooting a patched ball?

I was reading that it wasn't originally intended as a shotgun, though that sounds stupid to me.

What's the proper buckshot load too if you know?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody have the recommended load for the big tube shooting a patched ball?

I was reading that it wasn't originally intended as a shotgun, though that sounds stupid to me.

What's the proper buckshot load too if you know?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:43:41 AM EDT
[#9]
The manual from mine says 25-35gr 2f for the shotgun barrel, and a shot weight of 3/4-1 ounce shot, .27" ball dia., if that's of any use to you.
You sure yours is a Pedersoli? I didn't think Pedersoli made any lemats. Mine's a Pietta, so the data might be different between different manufacturers.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Gotta go check the mfg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top