Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2014 12:44:54 PM EDT
I was given a Knight disc in 2005 that was shot twice by my brother (purchased in 2000) I took it apart to clean it and never put it back together until last week, we applied for a muzzle loader elk hunt in NM.  It is 50cal SS green mountain barrel 1/28 twist uses the orange disc which I am converting to the Disc Extreme bolt.  Does anyone know if this is an accurate rifle or anything about them?  After a lot of reading I have settled on BH209 and 290gr Barnes TMZ bullets I know each rifles will have a specific load it shoots best at.  Is this a decent rifle?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it absolutely is a good rifle!  And the upgrade you did was worth doing. The Green Mountain barrel is a shooter, and Knights warranty is hard to beat!!  Start working up a load now and good luck on your hunt!!

Edit to add...
I like knight rifles so much, I've owned 5, still have 3!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Agree.
I have a MK85? that I converted to a Disc 209 and a later Disc rifle, unsure of the actual model number.
Original barrel, and I have found 245-250 gn sabots with about 90 to 100 grains of pyrodex gives the best accuracy - 2" groups at 100 yards - but acceptable accuracy 4" at 100 yards is achievable with many different combinations of bullets and pyrodex charges.  My shots on deer with it have all been inside 50 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top