Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess I am an addict to these things. I just got the one on top. I have had the other one a little over 10 years. Hope to get the new one to the range tomorrow.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
That top one is sexy
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
That top one is sexy
View Quote

And it does not shoot bad. Although the powder in one of the chambers never ignited.
Here's my first 5 shots at 7 yards..
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#4]
My Kibler SMR in 45Cal

IMG_1102 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1104 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1101 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1110 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1109 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1108 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1111 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1120 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1119 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1118 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1117 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1116 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]
At the range

IMG_1137 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr

IMG_1136 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:27:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob940] [#6]
1st bp rifle kit I built. Traditions St Louis Hawken. Barrel browned, brass all brushed finished, stock is gunstock colored stain with Minwax wipe on clear over it. The modern sights though may have to go.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
My Frontier has a new little brother.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Family photo.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

What is your impression of that Queen Anne pistol? I've been thinking I need one and I'd put sights on it (if the lock is good)
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My couple of TC Renegades.
Both .50 cal.

The double set trigger rifle was my dad's that I inherited in '05 when he passed. Haven't fired it since I got it.

The single trigger, Renegade Hunter I got for Christmas back in the early 80's.

This one I have fired a lot and it's accuracy never ceases to amaze me!

Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By usmcchet9296:
My Kibler SMR in 45Cal
View Quote

Beautiful rifle, good job on the build.

I have one in .36 that I’m trying to finish.  How did you polish the lock?  All of the complex curves have me completely befuddled.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GunCat:

What is your impression of that Queen Anne pistol? I've been thinking I need one and I'd put sights on it (if the lock is good)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@GunCat it points pretty naturally for me, and I made a couple of head shots at 10 yards. It's fun.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:08:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Potsey:

I have one in .36 that I’m trying to finish.  How did you polish the lock?  All of the complex curves have me completely befuddled.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Potsey:
Originally Posted By usmcchet9296:
My Kibler SMR in 45Cal

It’s kind of hard to explain but I just used a lot of curved files to smooth it all out but it’s actually not that hard once you start doing it
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 11/30/2022 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#15]

@longhunter09 that's a nice fowler. Kit or full custom?
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

@Birddog1911 Thanks! It's actually a .60 caliber rifle (Getz octagon to smooth rifled barrel). It is a custom rifle made by Ric Lambert. I got it from a gentleman on this site. I'm hoping to take a deer with it this year, but haven't had any luck yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:16:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockRash] [#17]
My newest flintlock, pedersoli jager hunter from DGW.

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 5:34:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pukindog] [#18]
Just got the one in the middle below, had the others for a few years. All 3 are Colt 1860 replicas by Pietta. I think the longer barrel one is the only one which is historically accurate.
From what I have read people did cut off their barrels back in the day for greater concealability, but I don't think the factory made shorter barrel versions. Of course I could be wrong and would appreciate it if anyone could set me straight.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Bought this last week and its arrived. Hopefully I can find time to get after some birds this weekend before the season closes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's the 2-bore I built from scratch a few years ago.  It's all stainless steel and is a beast with its 1.340" bore.
" />
" />
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#21]
This is a muzzleloading "1911" I built that shoots golf balls.
" />
" />
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Snatchsquatch:
This is a muzzleloading "1911" I built that shoots golf balls.
https://i.postimg.cc/2S4pVwjz/1.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.postimg.cc/2S4pVwjz/1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/NGVZDV5s/2.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.postimg.cc/NGVZDV5s/2.jpg

@Snatchsquatch

You can't just expect to drop those pictures and not start a thread about the build/details of construction on both! I would love it if you'd be willing to start a thread on that in this subforum. Not enough people play around with odd builds in my opinion.

Funny enough I keep thinking I ought to use some 4140 and make a golf ball musket! My thought is to make it with a breechplug having a powder chamber much like a Coehorn mortar for additional safety/ease of loading smaller charges. Here's the CDS A519 tubing I figure will work best - and it has sufficient windage to make me comfortable.

So as to not derail the thread here's my threaded breech golf ball cannon:

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

@Snatchsquatch

You can't just expect to drop those pictures and not start a thread about the build/details of construction on both! I would love it if you'd be willing to start a thread on that in this subforum. Not enough people play around with odd builds in my opinion.

Funny enough I keep thinking I ought to use some 4140 and make a golf ball musket! My thought is to make it with a breechplug having a powder chamber much like a Coehorn mortar for additional safety/ease of loading smaller charges. Here's the CDS A519 tubing I figure will work best - and it has sufficient windage to make me comfortable.

https://i.imgur.com/4sWg9DF.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/i2EENJL.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/DxRFWN7.jpg
View Quote

I've actually got a bunch of pics as I posted a thread on another forum.  I've thought about building a golfball rifle before.  I happen to have built a beer can coehorn a few years back.
" />
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

@Snatchsquatch

https://i.imgur.com/4sWg9DF.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/i2EENJL.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/DxRFWN7.jpg
View Quote

Golfball cannon?
" />
" />
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Lucky shot from a very windy day as the range Saturday with my camera on a tripod using the 5-shot burst mode (just like my avatar).
This is a Traditions Vest Pocket Derringer using only 10 grains of powder to propel a .31 caliber ball.
Attachment Attached File

and here's the result at 7 yards. 1 tiny little hole I circled in red.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Got my Uberti Stainless New Model Army out on the line today, with some paper cartridges.

Attachment Attached File

10 yards standing, nothing really incredible, but I liked it.

Attachment Attached File

Non nitrided cigarette paper, from the Guns of the West kit. The small piece was in the forcing cone. So, I will use the TrueWave end papers, maybe nitriding them as well. Revolver functioned perfectly.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#27]
My first front-stuffer, a golden age flintlock I recently purchased from a good friend here in town who shoots regularly at a place called “Scuffle Ridge.”

This one has a double-set Siler lock and a .40 caliber swamped Colerain barrel. I don’t know who built it, but she will sure as hell shoot.

I take her out to the ridge every Sunday that I’m off work, and it is a ton of fun ringing the steel at 100 yards with it. I’m still learning about these rifles, and that’s what I enjoy the most about them: there never really is a “last word” on them, and there always something new to learn.

Link Posted: 11/26/2023 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#28]
This Bondini gets shot the most.

The .36 Pedersolis are prettier, though.

Uberti

Euroarms
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:51:00 AM EDT
[#29]
That Bondini is a beauty.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

First time with this one I’ve had a few years, and I think my first time with a muzzle loader.

Used Pyrodex P and Hornady balls with CCI caps. Wonder Lube and Wonder Wads or whatever they’re called.

It was fun. Would like to explore the hobby more if I can more routinely find caps.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Mr. Kibler's Woodsrunner?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Mr. Kibler's Woodsrunner?
View Quote

Yes, .50 cal. This was my favorite part of the build
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By VeryAverage:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/581716/IMG_2466_jpeg-3107657.JPG

First time with this one I’ve had a few years, and I think my first time with a muzzle loader.

Used Pyrodex P and Hornady balls with CCI caps. Wonder Lube and Wonder Wads or whatever they’re called.

It was fun. Would like to explore the hobby more if I can more routinely find caps.
View Quote

Isn't there a kit where you can use cap gun caps and a soda can to make some?
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top