Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 5:37:53 PM EDT
How much would one of these be? Classic Firearms is selling some tomorrow for 699.99. I haven't bought an enfield in a long time, but that seems pretty high to me. I mean Classic Firearms has been selling Broken Stock Mosins for a pretty high price.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
A nice Enfield No4Mk1 is worth about $300 - $350 around here.

For $600 you could easily get a mid-50s produced No4Mk2 that never issued and imported like-new to the US in the 1990s.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't get suckered by Round Boy BS....No. 4 Enfields are worth half that, up to $450 for something really nice/good, non-sniper....

As was said for $700 you can get an unissued Irish Contract....

He's a Svengali who is able to get people to fall for his carnival barking....don't be one...its a rip off.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't get suckered by Round Boy BS....No. 4 Enfields are worth half that, up to $450 for something really nice/good, non-sniper....

As was said for $700 you can get an unissued Irish Contract....

He's a Svengali who is able to get people to fall for his carnival barking....don't be one...its a rip off.
View Quote
Yea,  that's what I thought. I paid I think 190 for mine a while ago, and was surprised he was selling pretty rough ones for 700$.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:04:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Classic's Enfields were worn looking and not collector grade but Sweaty Ben hyping them gets them sold out fast. I've got a couple really nice original finish No.4's that would easily bring $450+. But your average beater like Classic's stuff maybe $250 around my region if you get lucky with an eager buyer.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Classic's Enfields were worn looking and not collector grade but Sweaty Ben hyping them gets them sold out fast. I've got a couple really nice original finish No.4's that would easily bring $450+. But your average beater like Classic's stuff maybe $250 around my region if you get lucky with an eager buyer.
View Quote
Any rifle here catches a high dollar. The lowest mosin I've seen was 300$
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:12:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Prices vary based on location but $400-500 for a rifle in good condition seems the new norm. I certainly wouldn't pay $700 unless it was still in the wrapper.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:20:46 AM EDT
[#7]
As a side note, I bought a new/unfired No4 from Rose's department store, in Fayetteville NC for $39 in 1993.  It seems that times have changed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a side note, I bought a new/unfired No4 from Rose's department store, in Fayetteville NC for $39 in 1993.  It seems that times have changed.
View Quote
meh, just a bit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Classic is your regular used car hustler joint.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

meh, just a bit.
View Quote
If I only knew what I know now....

The sporting goods manager at that store got tired of me looking for different rifles and just started letting me go in the store room to examine rifles by myself. I'd go in on a Saturday morning with some rags, a couple hundred patches and a cleaning rod. I'd spend hours back there.....Mosins for $29, Enfields for $49, Swedish Mausers, etc... When I found the No4 I had a $10 off coupon so I got it for $39. They also had a SVT that I paid $129 for and a Russian SKS that I got for $149, iirc.   All are gone with the exception of the Enfield, which I still haven't shot. One of these days.....
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The sporting goods manager at that store got tired of me looking for different rifles and just started letting me go in the store room to examine rifles by myself. I'd go in on a Saturday morning with some rags, a couple hundred patches and a cleaning rod. I'd spend hours back there.....Mosins for $29, Enfields for $49, Swedish Mausers, etc... When I found the No4 I had a $10 off coupon so I got it for $39. They also had a SVT that I paid $129 for and a Russian SKS that I got for $149, iirc.   All are gone with the exception of the Enfield, which I still haven't shot. One of these days.....
View Quote
It sucks hearing all of those stories of cheap ass guns. When I got into guns, it was during all of the panic buys under Obama. The lowest I've ever seen a mosin locally is 300$. The lowest stripped lowers around here are 130$. Most of the used or "surplus" guns I see around here are old revolvers and single shots that were probably found in a closet, and sold for 50$.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
If I knew then what I know now I would have an MP40 for 10k less than they sell for now.

I really thought about it, but couldn't justify $7,000 for a gun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If I knew then what I know now I would have an MP40 for 10k less than they sell for now.

I really thought about it, but couldn't justify $7,000 for a gun.
View Quote
Bro, I had a buddy in 1985 that told me to buy a HK94 and have Vollmer build a MP-5 out of it.  He had 5 built for about $4K per, iirc, though I think one of his didn't make the cut line and had to be destroyed.

Jim's pawn at Bragg had a HK94 for about $900 and I thought the $4K build and price of the gun was too expensive....
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Nothing personal, but I don't even know you and I hate you...
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Deals are out there. Here's an Irish contract No. 4 Mk 2 (F) I got for 350.00 a couple months ago.

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I remember those days.  Didn't buy enough.  Still have most though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Local gun shop? I can never find a deal on these anywhere in Oklahoma!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top